Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Four

+7
Custer Thickett
DiceMaster
Kellar
Pimli Prixus
Artimus DeLonde
Dwan Bolduum
Osvald Hale
11 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty Re: Chapter Four

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:14 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 4

#3 'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 am

Now he climbed the stairs, his limp arm throbbing with pain as it bounced.  

Again he wedges the bow's stirrup down into the fold of a stair, and again he was able to pull it armed.  

The Orc would soon make the curve to be above him and out of sight.  Cuss wheeled on his heels, not even pausing to aim as he loosed his bolt high across the tower.

[12, miss]

A clatter in the dark marked the tip striking stone.  

Looking forward, Cuss can see that he'd have to weave through his friends and the new strangers to try at another shot.  

Rather than chance a painful collision with his unslung broken arm, he decided to take a queue from Dwan.  

He leaned to peer over the side of the stairs, and decided not to sit on the ledge as had the dwarf.  Instead, he rest his crossbow and taps Dwan on the shoulder.  He holds out his hand and nods at the pipe with a grin when the Dwarf looks his way.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 am

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 am

The Cloaker released it's pith and bile on the flood- slain by the rusted implement of the red hair woman.

Aritmus began to speak to she and the gnome that commanded a bird of fire, fearful and beautiful.

"Bonjour mon ami, Je suis A-"

His words ended by the commotion of live combat, and the disengaging for of Rauf,

"Pardon"

The Mariner apoligized  reaching for the bolo on his hip, taking two strides for momentum he loosed it toward the clunking, plated, Orc.

Bolo attack 1d20 + 6 =12

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 pm

A fiery bird slammed into the acolyte, taking him down in a shower of embers.

“You FILTHY WORMS!"

It was the Half-Orc, still holding his gr-

-Nevermind, there he goes.

The battered warrior had dropped his weapons and was turning to flee up the stairs. The Half-Elf took the opportunity to slash out at the Half-Orc’s back.

[AoO: Rapier vs AC 18: 9 + 8 = 17]

TINK-scrrrrch.

The blade glanced off the bulky plates of the fleeing’s armor.

“INTRUDERS! HELP!"

Emelious took off after him, taking two steps at a time.

A bolt whizzed past him, and a bolo, and a… pseudodragon.

Orbaugh stung into the Half-Orc making him cry out in pain.

Emelious did his best to close the distance...

[Athletics (Dexterity): 9 + 7 = 16]

And dove at the (surprisingly fleet of foot, considering he was wearing plate armor and grievously injured) Half-Orc.

[Strength: 6 + 1 = 7]

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18 (16 without shield)
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 pm

The member 'Emelious Storm' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 9

#2 'D8' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Rauf’s greaves clank beneath him, the orc holding tight to his wound as he bounds up the stairs resolutely.

“ARCHONS! INTRUDERS!” he continues to yell at the top of his lungs, the orc peering up at his shoulder as Orbaugh’s stinger plunges in between the armour plating.

[Rauf Con save = Success]

He scowls, grabbing the pseudo dragon by his torn wing and whipping the small beast through the air off the staircase…!

[Rauf STR vs. Orbaugh]
[Orbaugh is grappled, and thrown!]

[Master!] Orbaugh screeches into Kellar’s mind, the frantic dragon flapping desperately through the air towards the spiralling black abyss!

[…]

Kellar is breathing hard, charging behind Emelious towards Rauf. The half-elf speedily closes on the half-orc, extending his arms and grabbing the cleric of Cyric by the arm.

[Emelious, Dex and Str check results:]

With a grunt, Rauf shoves him off, Valkur’s chosen tripping over his feet and crashing into the wall.

The dragoon’s teeth are bared, and he dives after Rauf as the despicable brute lobs Orbaugh mercilessly -

[Kellar, grapple and athletics (throwing) vs. Rauf:]

Kellar crashes into the back of his prey, driving him down onto the stair. The orc yelps, his ribs crushed under the weight of his own armour, and the dragoon’s.

“GRAAAAAHGH!” shouts Rauf in agony, the wind leaving his chest as his bones shatter. Kellar wastes no time, grabbing him from behind the neck and drawing him up off the ground.

“No - NO!”

Without remorse, Kellar hurls the foul creature off of the infinite staircase, listening as his screams fade.

A moment later, you hear the sickening crunch of Rauf meeting the stones far below.

[…]

Custer peers from out of the shadows, his darkvision penetrating the sheer blackness of this staircase. He watches as Orbaugh flaps helplessly through the air, knowing full-well that the pseudodragon had little chance of surviving.

The beast flaps, struggling desperately as Kellar’s mind is filled with his screams.

Down he plummets….down-down-down. Custer can see him fall ——

—— and then, in the span of a second, Orbaugh stretches his ragged wings out in full span. He catches the air, the membranes expanding like sails on the open sea.

And then, the tiny pseudo dragon finds himself in a glide. With a *WHOOSH*, he finds himself perched on the edge of the stairs.

[Master! I fly!!!!] shouts Orbaugh, the exhilerated pride translating seamlessly into Kellar’s ears.

==========================

Alright fellows! Gimble said he was trying to keep the acolyte alive. I’ll allow it, if thats what you’d prefer. Otherwise, the threats have been eliminated and you have an opportunity to chat amongst yourselves, and plan for next steps.

MVP: Dwan. Fuck the fleeing orc. It’s time for a pipe!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimble Nabisco Raulnor Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Gimble dusts his hands off as he watches the alcolyte slump to the ground in a heap of flesh and robes. "If my aim was true, the fellow should still be breathing, although a bit shallowly." He shakes his head a bit and mutters to himself. "Crazy kids..."

Dwan Bolduum wrote:Well, Valeria seems like we have only a few moments before your buddy up there comes back with some friends.  Judging from your appearance, you two weren't Keisan's guests of honor.  You mind telling us what they had you doing here? As Emelious would tell you, these folk don't keep around prisoners for long unless they are useful.

"Research, my boy. They made me do more research when they had me locked up in these towers than I ever did while at the academy. As for Val, well I was helping her temple recover some knowledge and artifacts when they ambushed us. Couldn't let them just kill the poor girl.

The gnome takes a seat on one of the large stone steps, sighing with relief as he does so. He rubs his aching knees and takes a look around the open space.

Dwan Bolduum wrote:Do you know anything about the layout of the tower? A way to Keisan's chambers perhaps? Not in any shape to keep up this fighting for much longer, so I'd rather take down that dog and go.

Gimble scratches his chin and turns his eyes up in their sockets as he recalls what he knows about the towers and their layout (Keen Mind).
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue36/36Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (36/36)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue5/5Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:13 pm

“Ow,” Emelious protested dully as he hit the wall and collapsed on the stairs. The Half-Elf grabbed his elbow in pain, then he heard a fainting scream followed by a definitive crashing thud.

“Okay, could have been worse.”

The Half-Elf got to his feet and joined Kellar looking over the edge.

“So… Orcs can’t fly.”

----

Rejected lines:

“Good job. You... crushed it.”

“Looks like he suffered a… low blow.”

“I think he really liked you. One could say he really... fell for you.”

“Didn’t your mom teach you that it’s impolite to… stair?”

“You think he’s okay?”

"You dropped something."
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Gimble wrote:Research, my boy. They made me do more research when they had me locked up in these towers than I ever did while at the academy.

Dwan nods in thought, and passes his pipe back to the halfling.

Not the worst imprisonment I've ever heard of. I take it from the rusty sword that they at least took your gear. If you come with us and maybe we stumble across it . Or you can keep running, don't let us keep you here any longer than need be.

Dwan then informs Gimble and Val of the directions to the great hall.

Nobody there seems to be expecting any enemies, I'm sure you two could find a way out.

But if you do decide to come with us, it would be in our best interests to find out a bit more about what the orcs had you researching.

Dwan eyes the gnome. A gnome and a wizard. If i let him he'll be talking for days.

Just the important parts, of course. He says with a smile.
======================

Dwan is being sociable.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Cuss nods his smile and squeaks out a short, "Thanks," as he accepts the pipe from Dwan. He leans back as he puffs the Dwarf's brand of leaf, small balls of smoke billowing to the center of the tower's emptiness.

He sighs after pulling the pipe from his lips, holding it to smolder a little as he enjoyed the feeling of a brief moment's relaxation. However, the pain of his mangled left arm quickly returns him to his present situation. That and the echoing crash of the plated Orc's end.

He hands the pipe back to Dwan, frowning and grimacing as he turns his attention to his arm to cradle it back in the makeshift sling tied around his neck. He bothers to introduce himself as he gently grasp the arm with his right hand, cutting off to suck in air when the bones grind.

"'Lo. They call-AH!"

"... Me Cuss. Sorry. Me thinks your research will make a good campfire tale, yeah? Being that one's frie-AH!"

"... nds, sorry. Are going to be coming back, me hopes ya live long enough for me to hear it, AH!"

Then he nods at both the new comers, instinctively winks three times at Val's red hair, and begins working at reloading his crossbow with one good arm.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Kellar landed on Rauf and drove an elbow into his short ribs.

Rauf wrote:“GRAAAAAHGH!”

Orbaugh's scream in his mind enraged him. His friend was falling into the darkness.

Tears welled up in Kellar as he grabbed the orc by the back of the neck.
"Si geou grind wux ekess bilaes," he whispered to Rauf.

Kellar ignored Rauf's plea and hurled out from the edge. The orc's eyes met Kellar's, first with anger and then fear. His arms waved helplessly and he was gone.

Kellar dropped to one knee and put his hands on his head as Orbaugh still yelped and screeched. He felt the anxiety and panic and dizziness of his friend. But then...

"Master! I fly!!!"

Kellar lifted his head as Orbaugh shared his vision with his master. He glided back to the staircase. His tiny wings opened and brought him back to saftey. "Hahahahaa!!!! Orbaugh! Hahahaha!! You're alive! You made it!"

Emelious joined Kellar at the edge of stair.

Emelious wrote:“So… Orcs can’t fly.”

Kellar grinned. "Guess not."

Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimble Nabisco Raulnor Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Gimble nods to Dwan. "Aye, I reckon we'll stick with your lot. I'll need to reacquire my gear before I leave this place; there are quite a number of texts and scrolls that I had in my pack, and well..." Gimble's eyes tilt down and he opens his hands, which are wrinkled, worn, and speckled with ink. "An old wizard can't do very much without his staff. I do hope we can get to Eurus, too. I've tried to keep a close eye on him and the rest of my belongings."

"I can tell you boys what secrets I've been uncovering once we get to a safe place. In the mean time, I suppose we'd better get going before any more orcs show up. Gimble hops onto his feet and moves over to Val. "Let me clean you up a little, lass. Can't walk around looking like you've just fought a pot of corrosive ink!"

The gnome lets out a little giggle and makes a sharp, ephemeral snap with his fingers. "Natorki!" Instantly, the black, sticky spots on Val's clothing begin to shrink. The cloth they leave behind looks as clean as the rest of her clothing, which is oddly well maintained for a slave's uniform.

"Now, let me see that old rusty blade you've collected for yourself." Gimble practically pulls the weapon out of Val's hands without even waiting for a response from her. He holds the blade up with one hand while the other digs through his pockets and pulls out two small stones that seem to stick to each other. He knocks on the length of metal with a clang and mumbles, "Thric jikmada." Slowly, from where the stones first touched the sword, the metal begins to warp and shimmer. The pits of rust and chips on the edge fill in, and the luster of the steel returns as it is left new and polished, as if it were fresh from the forge. He smiles at his work and hands the blade back to Val. "This should suit you better until you can find your old sword."
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue36/36Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (36/36)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue5/5Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeria Thaemor Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 pm

“Thanks, old man.” Val grins at the gnome as he cleans off her clothes. As he works his magic on the rusted sword, she turns her attention to the others around. “Yes, if you don’t mind, I think we shall accompany you. I’m not leaving this place without my things. Also- you have our thanks for saving our lives. I’ll put in a good word with Sune for the lot of you.”

She takes the sword back from Gimble and inspects it. “Much better, very nice. Still would prefer my sword, of course, but this one will do for now.”

Now that things have calmed down, Val takes a moment to inspect the damage done to her while she was running down the stairs. The skin just above her ankle is seared and blistered, but overall it is very minimal and the skin will heal easily.
Valeria Thaemor
Valeria Thaemor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:29 am

The staircase quiets, the sound of your torches flickering droning like an ison beneath introductions and conversation.

The acolyte lays, slack-jawed, in a crumpled heap. Searching his body, Custer finds a ring of keys amidst an assortment of ceremonial implements, like ornamental daggers and talismans bearing Cyrics seal.

Artimus looks down at his shirt - it's been covered in black gobs of cloaker blood, and his arms ache from wrestling the muscled creature.

Gimble stands askance, his mind reeling -

[keen mind]

The gnome remembers the twists and turns that he and Valeria were lead through when they first arrived at the tower. Though their destination was singular, the gnome can recall passing a stairwell that was adorned with polished stone stairs and gilded with golden floral sculpture.

As they had passed, the two human retainers in full plate had tensed up. It was obviously an important section of the tower, and if Keisan was the lord of this place, almost certainly it would lead to his office.

The gnome wracked his brain further, thinking of other details he had seen. There had been a colossal balcony attached to a long hallway, whereupon a dozen manticores grazed on sacks of meat and bone.

And he had also heard their guards speak of an armoury, when Gimble had inquired about a book in his pack that he had said would be useful in his research. Clearly, their belongings had been taken there.

The smell of Dwans pipe brings the gnome back to consciousness.

===============

Ok lads and lass, let's determine where you're destined for. Gimble can lead you to: the room he and Val were imprisoned in, the stairwell he believes leads to keisans office, the hallway near the manticores, or you can look around for the armoury to find their stuff.

Stealth rolls from everyone please, along with a perception check

Cheers

Mvp: Emelious, for his many one liners. I laughed.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Kellar joined the others and waited for Orbaugh to come back to him. He removed a ration from his pack and opened his waterskin. "Not sure if either of you are hungry or thirsty," he said to Valeria and Gimble. Orbaugh, I have food and water for you when you make it back. Kellar felt a smile form in his mind.

"I think we should find your equipment. Can you recall the way to get to it? I could look over their other weapons as well while we're looking." Orbaugh returned and shivered and squeaked and wagged his tail at the sight of his Master. He ate and drank ravenously. Master, I fly! I can fly! My wings! I think better?

"I'll take point with Gimble. Is that agreeable?"

Stealth Roll= 18+6= 24; Super stealthy!
Perception Roll= 7+4= 11; Meh.

Actions:

Kellar will take point.
Orbaugh was hungry.
Maybe more weapons?

Last edited by Kellar on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:01 pm

#1 'D20' : 18

#2 'D20' : 3, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimble Nabisco Raulnor Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Gimble waves his hand to turn down the food. "I've quite alright for now. They may be brutes but they needed me alive and well."

"Our equipment is probably in the armory. I can lead us there without a problem. Now, if you're looking for this Keisan fellow, I'd wager that you could find him at the top of those fancy stairwells they have here. All polished, well cut rock caked in pieces of gold... Wonderful craftsmanship if I do say myself. I'd date it back to perhaps the late Euridus period-" The gnome's head snaps up and he looks over to Kellar.

"Yes yes we should really get going now. I'll stay behind you, my well armored friend. This old gnome can't fight orcs like he used to." Gimble bends at his waist and points his arm up the stairs. "After you."
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimble Nabisco Raulnor Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Stealth: 1d20+3 = 5
Perception: 1d20+1 = 4

Gimble bumbles up the stairs, whistling a merry tune
His eyes are aimed up at the sky, his ear wax needs a good prune
A care of his he does not give, for he is now a free elf gnome
Ho ho a Gimbalo! He's free and out of his cage!
Ho ho a Gimbalo, you cannot stop this old mage!
Fe fa fiddle de do! This fellow is on his way home!

Last edited by Gimble Nabisco Raulnor on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 pm

The member 'Gimble Nabisco Raulnor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Dwan take his pipe from Cuss, taps it out on the side of the stair, blows to clear out the airway and places it back in his pouch.

Alright lead the way. Lets try not to draw any more unwanted attention.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dwan follows closely behind, taking care with his steps like Custer has tried to show him many a time

I think I may finally be getting this----

Gimble bumbles up the stairs, whistling a merry tune
His eyes are aimed up at the sky, his ear wax needs a good prune
A care of his he does not give, for he is now a free elf gnome
Ho ho a Gimbalo! He's free and out of his cage!
Ho ho a Gimbalo, you cannot stop this old mage!
Fe fa fiddle de do! This fellow is on his way home!

His eyes widen as he hears Val whistling along with the gnome.

Really? He whispers harshly to the two.

No wonder you got caught the first time.. he grumbles to himself quietly.

-----------------------------------
Stealth 15
Perception 12+3 15

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 15

#2 'D20' : 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Cuss, already being at the bottom of the group on the stairs, takes up the rear as the climb resumes.  

He uses his legs the swing the weight of his bag behind him down the stairs, pivoting his body upright without having to use his arms to push away from the stone.  It almost sends him backwards down the stairs, but he descends two and get his body back under the weight to keep control.  

Surely, if Osvald hadn't shown him how to pack the 'mountain' way, he'd have been end of end to the bottom.  

Standing, Cuss again wedges his father's old light crossbow between his belly and the stairs so that he can load it.  

After, he hoist it with his one good arm and starts to climb.  

As the stairs were a bit large for him, he often has to look down to gauge the distance his feet need to rise to make each step.  This leads him to noticing the trail of blood proceeds well past where they had skirmished with Cyric's minions.  

He stops, and interrupts the gnome's tune.  "Oiy, who's bleeding all over the stairs?  Ya luck I'm going to slip in it right off the edge again, yeah?"

Stealth 17
Perception 4

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Me luck to Ya luck)
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 8

#2 'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeria Thaemor Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Val completely misses the memo that she should be sneaking and whistles a merry tune as they head up the stairs. She tries to keep somewhat close to Gimble in case he gets himself into trouble (damn old man always seems to find ways of getting into trouble) but tries not to get in the way of anyone else who wants to be in front of her.

As she walks up the stairs she observes the dark abyss below them, the back of whoever is in front of her, and her feet so as to not trip and fall. The way ahead? Yeah, the others have that. She doesn't really need to keep much of an eye on that.

Stealth: 3 + 2 = 5

Perception: 11 - 1 = 10

Last edited by Valeria Thaemor on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valeria Thaemor
Valeria Thaemor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 pm

The member 'Valeria Thaemor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3

#2 'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:21 pm

In a moment of repose Artimus takes a moment to greet Valeria and Gimble.

Artimus looked over the aged gnome bearded and slight, and the red haired woman who was fair and brawny at the same time. Her stance and muscling told him that she was used to wearing heavy armour. The flaming bird told Artimus' keen powers of reason that Gimble had some command of the weave. Both of the new comer's eyes were telling, one full of fire and will, the other deep, knowing- and yet full of childlike whimsy.

"J'm-excuse we were zo rudely interrupted before, Greetingz, to you bozh,  I am Artimus Delonde Captain of the Millennium Falcon Trios Pistoles."

The Mariner started flashing a smile as he introduced himself through a thick Cormyrian(French) accent.

"I'm zure we'll have time to catch the finer pointz of how you landed in thiz aweful place.  It seems clear to me two things, first; we could uze your aid for what comez next. Valeria waz it you can clearly handle a sword, luckily for me"

He commented, dabbing the dark cloaker blood on his linen shirt.

“And you Gimble- have a, how would you zay ‘a particular zet of skillz’?”

"Zecond, Kellar, you're no longer the prettiezt in the group... that honor goez to Gimble here."

Artimus remarked with a wry smile, and a wink cast in Valeria's direction.

Turning to the side he paused quipped to Dwan and Cus,

"I wouldn't try to woo zhiz one mon ami', la fie has zurely rid zome men of their teeth, if not their heads."

"Let uz find their goods before we confront Kesian- Oh and letz not disturb the Manticore, Oui?

Stealth if needed
1d20 +3

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:21 pm

'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:01 pm

The endless stair winds up, and up, until you find yourselves perched on the landing that Valeria and Gimble walked precariously at the hands of their captors, only moments ago.

The heavy oak doors push open easily enough, and the darkened turret disappears behind you as you find yourselves in a series of long, polished hallways. Your new companions guide you along, past encroaching statues and crumbling foyers. The architecture is at once hopeful and morose, a twisted cacaphony of jagged linework and grinning faces.

[…]

The passage you follow takes you alongside an enormous grouping of windows, with arced tops and dark stained glass. Your footsteps echo off the cavernous ceiling.

Artimus glances out the window, his eyes catching on a sight far below. Despite the distortion of the purple pane he gazes through, it’s clear that something is amiss far, far below.

The fellowship crowds about, looking hundreds of feet down to where the eastern part of the militia’s camp is aflame.

Fire shoots up into the sky, and the shouts of men can be heard from even here. Custer, who had gotten better bearings than the rest of the party on the layout of the camp, knows instantly what has happened…

The eastern part of the camp houses the stables, where the Hales have created their diversion.

Hopefully, they survived the calamity they caused.

[…]

The halls remain quiet as you weave through the highly polished marble pillars, Gimble recalling from memory his blindfolded trip through this place. You find yourselves down a side passageway, where a modest set of stairs leads to a hall of doors.

In particularly, an iron door beset by three braziers and a brass lion stands out to you. Valeria can tell by the way the gnome is walking that he recognizes where you are.

Pushing open that door, you find yourselves in what can only be…the armoury.

[…]

Racks of swords, haphazardly stacked, and rows of pikes and awls are strung about the room. Stacked in the corner of this 40x40 foot chamber, where suits of rusted-out armour stand at attention, nearly a hundred wooden bucklers are balancing upon each other.

Thirteen leather chests line the walls of the room, with a designation scrawled above each of them in floating magical signs.

Bewitched torches cast shadows about the room as you filter in. Your footsteps echo loudly, the lot of you nearly tripping over one another down the stairwell.

*CLING, CLANG, CLUNK*

Armour scrapes against the stone walls, while Gimble and Valeria’s passive humming drones through the halls.

“HEY!”

Suddenly, you stop dead. From behind you, the words reach your ears on a high-pitched note.

Turning around, you see a young boy no more than ten. He is clad in leather, and a long knife hangs at his hip. A handkerchief is tied upon his head, nearly covering his eyes. You can see that he’s surprised to see you.

“Who- Who are YOU?” he shouts, uncertainty in his voice.

Kellar can see the young boy leans heavily on his back foot. Any second, and it’s clear he’ll bolt.

=====================

Ok guys, you’ve found your way into the armoury. Give me some appropriate checks for searching around, and be specific about what you’re looking for and how you’re going about it.

The young boy is about twenty feet away from you, back the way you came. You're in the armoury, and he stumbled across you because of all the damn noise you made! If one of you make a false move, he’s going to BOOK IT, and I’ll need an athletics check to catch him, and precise instructions on what you plan on doing with him if you have to catch him.

Otherwise, appropriate checks for this social encounter.

MVP: Artimus, for his cheeky millennium falcon / han solo analogy. It’s true…you kind of are a very french Han Solo.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:04 pm

Ah, Bonjour...

We are the in charge of making zure each man iz at hiz pozt.We were hoping to find zuch a brave guard down here. It iz an important job and I have heard how well you guard thiz room.

What iz your name mon petite gallard?

You zee the man behind me with all the heavy armour? He'z my bozz. Would you like to meet him- He haz a pet dragon you know?

Aritmus says smiling warmly at the child.

1d20 charisma
===================================
Han Solo? Perhaps, Smuggler, check. Scoundral, check. Bavado, check. secret heart of gold, check.

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:04 pm

'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Kellar looked back over his shoulder at the boy, and then at Artimus. "You know, probably shouldn't have lead off with 'that guy in the heavy armor and a pet dragon," he said. He gave a heavy sigh and crouched low, before leaping through the air to the boy.

Athletics Check= 16+8= 24; Success!

THUD!

The boy was surprised at the speed Kellar possessed. Before he could move to escape, Kellar grabbed him by the neck. Grapple Check= 16+8= 24; Success! "Eschoup jaka, vrak," he said. (Translation: "Easy now, child.") He turned him about face and headed back to the armory. "It would be wise to not struggle, or call out. My friend was right, I do have a pet dragon. Orbaugh?" the pseudodragon dropped from under Kellar's shield and landed softly on the floor.

Orbaugh trotted in front of Kellar and the boy as they walked. He kept looking back at the boy and wagged his tail.

"There are several of us, as you can see. It would be wise to answer questions we have," said Kellar. (Intimidation Check= 8+1= 9; Failure!)

They arrived at the armory and Kellar spoke to Artimus. "Perhaps you want to try again? Maybe this one doesn't want to be here and you could fill out more of your crew on the Pistol?"

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:56 pm

#1 'D20' : 16

#2 'D20' : 16

#3 'D20' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Dwan nods in relief as they make their way into the armory.

How we made it here without anyone running into us is beyon--

Boy wrote:Who- Who are YOU?

He rolls his eyes and looks back towards the boy.  Dwan stays silent as the Artimus and Kellar work to subdue the boy.

I'll keep out of this one, don't want to startle the boy.

The boy turns to run, and before he can make three steps Kellar has already closed the distance.

Well... might as well looks around. he says to nobody in particular.  

Before making his way through the armory Dwan makes eye contact with Kellar.  Make sure he doesn't try to shout for help.  We've had more than enough attention than I'd like.

With that, Dwan slips his scepter in his belt loop and starts looking around for any books, notes, and papers that may be in the armory. Specifically he looks for any notes about Mush-ra or Calimshan.

=============================
Perception roll 18+3 21

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 am

Atriums grimaced as the child recoiled. Kellar swift moment placed him looking over the boy. His voice commanding the small figure with a deep and imposing tenor. Both turned the young armory watch back to Artimus who was still crouched low and smiling.

Don't worry mon Gallard he is kinder than he looks.  Now, how did you come to be in this place? Where is your family?

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 am

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeria Thaemor Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Val is just about to descend on the armory and tear the place apart in the search for her gear when a young boy shows up behind them. She opens her mouth to speak, but Kellar launches at the boy and grabs him by the neck before he cal bolt. "Hey! Be gentle! He's just a child!" She growls out. Keeping one eye on Kellar to make sure he's not harming the poor boy, she begins searching throughout the room for her stuff. First she checks out the chests, then moves on to the other things scattered throughout the room.

10 - 1 = 9 investigation if needed

Last edited by Valeria Thaemor on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valeria Thaemor
Valeria Thaemor
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm

The member 'Valeria Thaemor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Emelious had been lost in thought since the stairwell.

That woman, she seemed familiar, but he couldn’t place her in his memory.

Was she from home? Waterdeep? Had he met her in his time abroad aboard the Promise? They had made port in many cities along the coast. Or perhaps Baldur’s-

*CLING, CLANG, CLUNK*

“SHHHHH!” Emelious responded to the sounds of the party, probably louder than he should have.

“HEY!”

The group turns to see a boy.

“Who- Who are YOU?” he shouts.

Emelious immediately began concocting a simple lie, the simpler the more believ-

“Ah, Bonjour…” Artimus...

“We are the in charge of making zure each man iz at hiz pozt. We were hoping to find zuch a brave guard down here. It iz an important job and I have heard how well you guard thiz room,” the boy raises an eyebrow, “What iz your name mon petite gallard? You zee the man behind me with all the heavy armour? He'z my bozz. Would you like to meet him- He haz a pet dragon you know?”

Artimus smiles. Creepily.

Has he ever met a child before?

The boy cringed and turns to look at Kellar.

“You know, probably shouldn't have lead off with 'that guy in the heavy armor and a pet dragon’,” Kellar leapt and closed the distance between him and the boy and restrained him.

“Hey! Be gentle! He's just a child!" The woman.

Kellar paused to look at her before proceeding, “Eschoup jaka, vrak. It would be wise to not struggle, or call out. My friend was right, I do have a pet dragon. Orbaugh?" The pseudodragon dropped from behind Kellar’s shield. "There are several of us, as you can see. It would be wise to answer questions we have.”

The boy’s eyes darted back and forth among the group as he struggled against the dragoon’s grip.

"Perhaps you want to try again? Maybe this one doesn't want to be here and you could fill out more of your crew on the Pistol?"

Artimus crouches down to the boy’s level.

At least he relaxed the smile a bit.

“Don't worry mon Gallard he is kinder than he looks.  Now, how did you come to be in this place? Where is your family?”

Emelious was trying not to laugh. The boy was having none of this. His eyes were looking for a way out.

“You like gold?” Emelious produced a bag containing 30 gold pieces and tossed it to the boy, “Because I got a job for you. Kellar,” the Half-Elf prompted the warrior to let the boy go.

“I am going to level with you. Right now you work for a pretty terrible bloke that works for an even more terrible bloke. He has razed cities, killed people. Families. Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, even young men like you. We are trying to stop him. And we need your help. Do a good job,” Emelious pats his coinpurse, “And not only will you be appropriately compensated, but you might find you earn something more, a sense of bravery and the knowledge that you helped save countless lives.”

[Persuasion: 18 + 6 = 24]

Emelious produces 30 more gold and pours it in the boy’s purse, “Share this with whoever you trust, or if you trust no one keep it for yourself. Now, tell me, how is security up here? Patrols, names, how do they talk, what do they wear. Are there any traps? Where are the exits? What about the griffons? And anything else you can think of. The more we know, the more we are likely succeed.”

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm

The member 'Emelious Storm' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 12, 18

-------

https://rootsoflegend.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=518

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content