Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Four

+7
Custer Thickett
DiceMaster
Kellar
Pimli Prixus
Artimus DeLonde
Dwan Bolduum
Osvald Hale
11 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty Re: Chapter Four

Post  Dwan Bolduum Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

(If the mushrooms are in range)
Once Custer has been pulled from the other side, Dwan takes out a piece of canvas, and carefully blankets it over some of the mushrooms.  He pulls out a pairing knife from his pack and starts to cut the stalks of the mushrooms, careful to make smooth and gentle cuts so as not to knock any spores loose.  Once cut free Dwan wraps the mushrooms tightly in the canvas, and places his blanket around the canvas and puts it back in his pack.

(Nature roll to see if and how many mushrooms Dwan can harvest) Natural 20 > 23 total

As they part from the chasm Dwan notices Emelious lingering and staring down the cliff.  He claps him on the shoulder. Come on we should be going.

Emelious wrote:I think Olufsen’s right. We’re definitely not alone.

Dwan chuckles slightly, Don't be so jumpy, this far underground, you don't have to look far to find something that can kill you. No sense worrying about it.

=========================

When the group approaches the intersection Dwan verifies everyone's suspicions.  Yup, This is the way out. He says pointing to the northern path.

========================

At the lake

I'm starting to agree with Olufsen. We should probably turn back rather than explore further.  These cave systems can go for miles.  Wouldn't take much for someone to get lost down here.

Dwan looks over towards the lake and appears lost in thought.   After a few moments he snaps out of it and looks at the others.

These subterranean lakes can be treacherous to surface dwellers.  It looks like any lake we would see on top, but the creatures that reside in here have more of a tendency to kill anything that ventures in the water.

Also, we have no way of getting across.  If we can't get warm after being submerged in this water, we won't have to worry about something coming in to bore holes in our skulls.  

Dwan shakes his head in wonder.

And if this creature insists on killing orcs, why should we try to stop it? Isn't that what we are here to do? We are just putting ourselves in harms way needlessly at this point.

=======================================
Dwan tries to harvest mushrooms
Dwan helps point to the way out.
Dwan is a Debbie Downer for this whole investigate the island on the lake plan.

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

The wind swirls around Pimlis little frame, bitting into him with chilled teeth. He marches forward dispite the wind, cloak wrapped tight around his body to try to stop most of the chill from seeping into his bones. His smile is wide as he continues on, the fact that the ground has soaked up the blood trail isn't bothering him at all. What they track isn't the Horror of the Underdark as he thought, and he intends to find out why it's trying to disguise itself as one.

-------------------------------------------

Pimli's spirits start to weaver, the smile is no longer on his face. They've been walking through this water for some time, water up to his knee, and getting deeper as they press onward.

They continue forward through the twisting carvens, freezing water getting deeper, wind beating against him. As the water reaches his waist he stops and waves his hand in the air, a blue etherial hand appearing beside him, he takes off his back pack and rests it in the hands grasp.

"Heh need to keep my spellbooks dry" he says with a shrug of the shoulders, through chattering teeth.

---------------------------------------------

Drip, Drip, Drip the sound deafening.

Pimli wades through the chest deep water, numb from the chestdown, trying to keep his arms up out of the water so he can keep his fingers dexterious enough to be able to apply his craft if necissary.

From the light of his staff he sees a large lake no end to it in sight. He could wink it out and see further, but then his new friends would have issues seeing.

He looks over at the floating hand and inspects his bag. Still dry that's good at least Then looks around at his new friends, most are only soaked up to the knee, with the exception of Dwan and Cuss, but all are feeling the deep chill bite into there numbed flesh.

"I'm starting to agree with Olufsen. We should probably turn back rather than explore further.  These cave systems can go for miles.  Wouldn't take much for someone to get lost down here. These subterranean lakes can be treacherous to surface dwellers.  It looks like any lake we would see on top, but the creatures that reside in here have more of a tendency to kill anything that ventures in the water. Also, we have no way of getting across.  If we can't get warm after being submerged in this water, we won't have to worry about something coming in to bore holes in our skulls.  And if this creature insists on killing orcs, why should we try to stop it? Isn't that what we are here to do? We are just putting ourselves in harms way needlessly at this point."

Pimli watches the Dwarf as he speaks, wanting to giggle at the ice forming around his bushy beard, but to cold to feel any joy at the sight.

"Eit-Either w-w-way I-I-I w-w-on't b-b-be ab-b-ble t-t-to g-g-go m-m-much fur-further" Struggling to speak with the chatter of his teeth, "It's g-g-get-ting m-m-much t-t-to d-d-deep f-f-for m-m-me"

He tries to smile towards his friends but can't manage more then a small up turn to his lips.

"C-c-cur-curisoity i-i-isn't e-e-enough t-t-to k-k-keep m-m-me g-g-going, I-I-I w-w-will f-f-f-ollow, b-b-but c-c-cannot p-p-push on m-m-much m-m-more"

Pimli listens, frozen to the core, at the mercy of his friends.
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: Base: 10+Dex (13) / Mage Armor: 13+Dex (16)
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue38/38Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:35 pm

The party ventures after the blood trail and are met with a chilling wind. Before long the tunnel goes from solid stone to sand and gravel, the blood lost in the debris. The tunnels don’t look natural. Or at least not like they are a product of geography, more like something dug through it. Something big.

Emelious was starting to rethink this venture into the unknown.

“Gods - I promise you, Keisan is not down here," Olufsen grumbled, “We ought to make this foray quick. Every minute that passes, Cyric’s followers have more time with that bloody compass.”

He’s right, hopefully the answers we seek aren’t too much further.

----

Splash.

The path has become waterlogged with icy water.

Well this just keeps getting better and better.

The level rises as the party travels onward, eventually reaching the knees of the taller folk and soaking the others even higher.

Finally, the tunnel widens out into a huge cavern, filled with a subterranean lake that seems to go on for miles. The lake is covered with what appears to be some sort of black algae, and in the distance there is a small island.

"I'm starting to agree with Olufsen,” it was Dwan, ”We should probably turn back rather than explore further.  These cave systems can go for miles.  Wouldn't take much for someone to get lost down here...”

True.

“...These subterranean lakes can be treacherous to surface dwellers.  It looks like any lake we would see on top, but the creatures that reside in here have more of a tendency to kill anything that ventures in the water....”

Very true.

“...Also, we have no way of getting across.  If we can't get warm after being submerged in this water, we won't have to worry about something coming to bore holes in our skulls.  And if this creature insists on killing orcs, why should we try to stop it? Isn't that what we are here to do? We are just putting ourselves in harms way needlessly at this point."

Inarguably true.

"Either way I won't be able to go much further,” this time it was Pimli who spoke, his teeth chattering with every word, "It's getting much too deep for me. Curiosity isn't enough to keep me going, I will follow, but cannot push on much more."

Emelious gave one more sad look at the island, his sense of adventure and intrigue didn’t want to give up on the mystery, but the common sense of his fellow travelers outweighed the urge to go forward.

“Alright, let’s head back.”

[Emelious rolls Deception to hide his sad: 13 + 6 = 19: Success? :'C ]

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18 (16 without shield)
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:35 pm

The member 'Emelious Storm' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 am

Cuss starts to speak, "Ought not," but stops to cough and shiver.  He didn't want to come this way from the beginning, but wasn't going to press the point if the others wanted to follow the curiosity of a gnome.  As much as it frustrated him to be distracted from their goals while so many others were left to sacrifice, he needed his friends.  He would not separate from them.

Not in this darkness, he thought while also wondering if thoughts could shiver as words do.

Now, he wished only that he had pressed the point, as if were Olfusen that had the right of it.  

He let the others bother with chattering teeth, and turned back up the tunnel, wishing only for a fire and a pipe of dry leaf.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 pm

The aphotic depths of the subterranean cave lap gently at your legs, the dark black reeds twining around you haphazardly. Pimli shudders as the vegetative growth floats past him, seemingly sentient in the black lake.

The fellowship takes one last look at the island, staring across the heterocthonous waterscape and listening to the movement of the water.

With a moments pause, you turn, retreating from the mysterious assassin’s path…

[…]

[Mountain Pass, The Twin Towers of The Eternal Eclipse]

You emerged from the cave mouth half an hour ago, into a craggy, silent mountain pass overgrown with weeds and foul-smelling, swampy sediment.

The air is thin, and as you walk up the steep inclines into the heart of this mountain pass, it becomes even more so.

The landscape is jagged, tinged with a purple hue in the late-day sunlight as it filters through the thick clouds that cloak this sombre place. You walk in quiet, traversing the precarious dells and the steep inclines, watching your footing. A misstep would be costly, for certain.

Clouds thicken into a fog that pervades the pass, meandering rocky paths circling around darkened pools and tiny lakes choked with weeds and reeds. Your clothing hangs heavily upon you, soaked by the subterranean passage and chilled by the late day wind.

Your feet are sore. The way forward is treacherous.

Chapter Four - Page 11 Screen10

At once, you emerge upon a precipice looking down into a swampy valley where you can hear intermittent shouts, and the clanging of steel upon stone.

You can pick out men toiling, wearing rags about their mouths and digging into the murky depths of a swampy mine. A cadre of orcs stands with them, perhaps a dozen, some mining and some standing guard. An ogre stands near a wagon, where four horses are rigged up and grazing upon the tall, marshy grasses.

It then, that Kellar’s eyes look past the labourers to the distance, where from the purple mists rises two distinct, obsidian-looking towers.

Undoubtedly, the Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse.

“There it be.” says Olufsen softly, walking up close on Kellar’s left side.

“Keisan’s throne.”

[…]

You watch the men toil below in their mine, resting for perhaps fifteen minutes. Olufsen made off along a darkened path, scouting ahead for a route of purchase.

Custer, looking down into the valley, can see these men are mining rocks upon the surface. He’s identified perhaps twenty of them, hefting great pickaxes down upon gnarled, tree-stump like stalagmites of black, smooth slag.

Every now and again, one will reach down and pick up an ingot of some sort, tossing it into the back of the wagon.

Some of the miners are clearly new, able to swing only a handful of times before taking rest. A particularly scrawny individual stands, terrified, as an orc shouts into his face, taking the pick from his hands and continuing the labour.

It is a strange scene.

Artimus sits quietly, observing the landscape around them. So foreign, with a heaviness to it. The mood is melancholy in this pass, and the thin air smells of acrid, burning smoke and stale water.

Dwan sits, carefully re-wrapping the half-dozen mushrooms he harvested from the cave in his pack.

[Nature check success]

[…]

A short time later, Olufsen emerges from behind an outcropping of rocks. You scarcely hear him approach until he is upon you.

“The pass to the towers is guarded, fellows. I espied, from my vantage point, four guard stations between here and there, along the central road leading to the towers. Perhaps a dozen bowmen or orcs at each station - I could only make out their silhouettes upon the first.”

He pauses for a minute, gazing down into the valley.

“It is a difficult approach otherwise. This mountain pass is utterly treacherous. The very earth is splintered and shattered into enormous outcroppings, with gaps hundreds of feet deep. On one hand, I doubt we’ll face patrols if we elect to take the scenic route. On the other, Mielekki knows what sinister things grow in the darkness of these lands…”

He stares off into the distance, extending his thumb and marking the towers.

“Eight miles, perhaps. We would reach by nightfall as the crow flies. Across these lands, it could be well into the morning.”

==========================

Ok guys, you can take the uncharted wilderness around the central road, to approach the tower... or find some way of making your way along the central road.

If you’re going to try and cut a path through the treacherous mountain wilderness, I’d like some supporting checks. Baseline is a STR or DEX check, modified by whatever wilderness/survival skills you possess.

Give me marching order, how you’d generally like to progress, and any measures you’re taking to either move quickly or silently/more carefully.

If you’re going by road, explain to me how.

*PLEASE make executive decisions. If need be, discuss your tactics in the chat box - but make your posts DIFINITIVE, not questionary.

EXP: +25 each post

UPDATE: Mining site map
Chapter Four - Page 11 Img_4610
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:19 am

After trying to get an accurate count of the enemy for a third time, Cuss satisfied himself.  "Twenty, mayhaps twenty five, but no more."  

He turned to observe the terrain behind the precipice to find a suitable rock to sit upon.  He figured he'd have time to rest his feet while the others discussed how to proceed.  

Taking the weight off his feet was more rewarding than he could have hoped for, and he marked the feeling with a smile and audible sigh as he started lifting his bag from upon his shoulder to set on the ground beside him.

It was all a dripping wet and cold mess.  His bones ached and his feet throbbed.  

He looked at his feet.  They cried hidden inside leather boots.  Halfling's shouldn't have to wear boots, he thought as he reached to free one.

Olfusen saw him pull at the leather and tried to stop him.  "Wai..."

But it was already too late.  Cuss had shed the leather with little more than a flick of his wrist and ankle.  He was staring at the wiggling hairy toes of his left foot.

Almost everyone else reached for their nose.  The smell quickly permeated the thin air around them.  

The sight was nearly as bad, for the rocky and rough terrain inside the cavern had rubbed Custer's wet skin raw.  The blood steamed in the cold air.  

Cuss's eyes watered as he reached for the other foot.  

Olfusen was already gone.

Cuss started to speak, "Whatever that is ya babbling about floating, me thinks weee.."  The pain of pulling off the other boot forced him to pause a moment to catch a breath.  

"Uh, I think we should, uh."  Cuss pauses again to cough while covering his mouth with a closed fist.  

AHEM.  "Me thinks we ought wait for dusk and see bout sneaking our way right up into them towers, yeah?"

He looks to the Orcs, who glower back at him.  Neither were disturbed by his smelly feet.

Custer's eyes widen and he slaps his bent knee.  "Ah hells."

"Those bastards can see in the dark, no?"

He shakes his head and messages his feet.  "Well, we do know what to say when they call out if they see us, yeah?  How many of ya still have a cloak and pendant?"  Cuss flicks his wrist to dangle a token of Cyric.  "They see us we just say we coming up from the pass with word that the poisoner is in danger, no?"

He nods to Kellar's prisoners. "What we going to do with them?"

Cuss looks down to his bloody, blistered feet. As the cold air set in, they started to sting. He'd need to wrap them. Then he looks past them to the soaked soft leather boots. He realized why Olfusen tried to stop him. They would be hell to get back on, and it would be no easier if they froze in the cold air.

When the time came, he nearly bit his lip bloody to keep from crying out.

----

Just getting the discussion going.  I plan to post again tomorrow morning as to marching order and such once a plan is decided.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

Dwan looks over the landscape as he finishes wrapping the mushrooms. The path between the mine and the tower worn with deep wheel wells. They must send several shipments throughout the day. He thinks to himself as he checks the security of one last package.

Here you go. He says to Custer as he passes one of the packages to Custer. Just as the halfling reaches for it, he pulls it just out of grasp. Handle these with the utmost care. Breathing in a single spore could paralyze a large man for a day. He hands the package to Cuss and it gets snatched away, the halfling obviously not too fond about being lectured.

=====================

After Olufsen returns and gives his report of the way ahead.

You said so yourself, we need to limit the time Keisan has access to the compass. We are going to have to be bold with this one. I suggest that we ride to the towers in the wagon.

Dwan points to the Ogre. That is the one we will have to take out first. We will also have to make sure that the guards cannot retreat or alert anyone else on the path. He points towards the horses. Securing the horses will be our top priority.

Dwan points over towards the mine, Now this one is the real gamble. The orcs that are mining may be either friend or foe in this case. If we can we should capture them alive. We may need them to pose as an escort for the wagon.

As Cuss has the mark of Cyric and has shown us his silver tongue time and time again, I suggest that he drive the wagon as we all hide out in the back.

Dwan points to the prisoners They can follow behind to help build the illusion, they have already sold out Keisan and it is a guaranteed death if we let them go now.

However, I do suggest that we take the time now to rest up and observe the carts coming and going, this illusion will need to be spot on if we plan to sneak in undetected.

Moments after this statement, Dwan covers his mouth and stifles a cough as the odor of Cuss's feet emanates in the air. And make sure to wrap your feet or the smell alone will blow our cover. He says while chuckling through his hands.

===========================

Dwan wants to take the mine and sneak from mine to the towers.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:53 am

Kellar sloshed through the water and shared Orbaugh's vision. The cavern expanded out for what could have been miles. Even Orbaugh's eyes had limits. Kellar found it amusing that the water was rising above the waists of Pimli and Custer. The captives kept quiet and shivered, in part from the fear that gripped them, and part from their environment. Kellar had not noticed the change in atmosphere other than being wet. Orbaugh shivered while perched on his shoulder, but did not complain. Kellar and the group left the expanse and returned to surface.

Kellar looked out in the distance. Orbaugh nestled himself under Kellar's shield and tried to get warm. Kellar saw the large towers off in the distance. Olufsen approached.

Olufsen wrote:"There it be. Keisan’s throne.”

Kellar nodded and watched the mist and clouds lazily move. "It will be the first time we have taken the fight to Keisan. We have Emelious and Pimli in our ranks now, and you. It may not be enough, but we have to defend the ones we love." Andrianna. Olufsen patted Kellar on the shoulder and announced his brief departure to scout ahead.

Custer had sat himself on the ground and removed his pack. Olufsen raised his hand to stop him. It was too late. The boot came off and Orbaugh shivered and dropped from under Kellar's shield. Master! Cheese! Where? The pseudo-dragon's head tilted sideways and saw Custer before him. Kellar waved his hand at the smell. "No, not cheese Orbaugh. Just a ripe halfling." Kellar saw the raw feet of the halfling and felt bad for him. He could see that Custer's boots were in rough shape. After Custer squelched when putting the boot back on, Kellar came to him and knelt. "Let me know if this gets too hot, perhaps it will soothe your feet." Kellar's gauntleted hand touched the boots on the sole and began to get warm. He kept his hand on the boots until he could see a mild steam rise from them. It didn't help the smell, but at least the warmth would help he thought.

Custer wrote:He nods to Kellar's prisoners. "What we going to do with them?"
Kellar looked at the two captive orcs. "We can call them deserters. A group of men advanced on Nerghull and these two didn't stay and fight. We arrived at Nerghull's to find a massacre. These two were scared out of their wits, delirious." Kellar looked at the others and waited for a response.

Olufsen returned and laid out the options for travel. Kellar replied, "The traversing of jagged rock and passes is not something I look forward to. I had a rough go of it a while ago when Shorjahl was still with us. Osvald knows what I'm referring to. My vote is for the main road. It is bold but it is not so strange to see a unit of "Keisan's" men traveling between stations." Kellar thought about the forces at the camp down below. "We can gain more information about the movements of the enemy. The ogre seems to be the real threat among the settlement there. We can approach like we belong. I will ride at the back of the group, as usual. If they hail us and look to start up, I'll target the ogre from the sky."

Actions:
Kellar helped Custer with his feet a bit.
Kellar offers to ride at the back of the party so he doesn't stand out.
Kellar left open the option of using the spores to cause the two orcs to hallucinate.
Kellar is ready to slay an ogre.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Pimli spends the travel time to the surface in silent reflection, still chilled to the bone from his wet clothing, and not showing any of his usual happy nature. Intermittently stopping to renew the light source.

It was Fate not to see what was down there, but there is something more to it, something I'm missing. One day I will return to this cave system and see what this is all about. But for now I need to make this up to my friends, I've lead them away from there goals to follow my curiosity.  I will have to come up with someway to make this better.

----------------------------------------------

They emerged from the cave system onto a stone outcropping over looking a swampy valley, a single road winding through the view between jagged stone spires, eventually leading it's way to the ominous black stone spires that dominate the landscape.

“There it be.” says Olufsen softly, walking up close on Kellar’s left side. “Keisan’s throne.”

His companions fell into a rhythm, the roles in this group were established long ago and they each know them well. As they wen't to work Pimli did the one thing he could think of that he could to to assist without getting in any ones way.

One by one Pimli walked up to each member of the fellowship in silence, he placed a hand upon them and utters "Tel em ekat eht llihc yawa eb yrd", the incantation causes each of his companions to shimmer briefly as the water is pulled out of there clothing. As he walks over to dry Cuss who was submerged as deep as he was he has to plug his nose from the stench of wet and dirty Halfling feet. The thought of the smell brings a smile to his face, which turns into a laugh, which quickly turns into choking as the air tastes of Halfling feet, which turns into stifled giggles as he repeats his incantation.

With each of his companions dry Pimli repeats the same actions on himself.

"what we going to do with them?" Cuss asks about the Orcish prisoners. "We can call them deserters. A group of men advanced on Nerghull and these two didn't stay and fight. We arrived at Nerghull's to find a massacre. These two were scared out of their wits, delirious." Keller says and waits for a response.

"That's risky, even as traitors they could give us away and tip off the deception. It would be better if they could be left out of mind for a time, they still have there uses but I don't think detection is worth the risk."

He listens in as Keller, Olfusen, Cuss, and Dwan speak of infiltration and deception as he goes throw his bags making sure that his spell books didn't get wet while in the cave system.

Good plan it could work, if Fate deems it so. The fact that Orcs aren't to bright will help though

Kellers words catch Pimli's ear "We can gain more information about the movements of the enemy. The ogre seems to be the real threat among the settlement there. We can approach like we belong. I will ride at the back of the group, as usual. If they hail us and look to start up, I'll target the ogre from the sky."

This is what I can do, this is how I can make it up to them

Pimli steps forward into the group and smiles up at the warrior, "Keller, you're right the Ogre is the major threat here, but you underestimate the threat of numbers. If push comes to shove and we need to fight then you will be needed to help clear the Orcs. The Ogre is mine, I will keep him out of your hair while our full power is directed at the bulk of the force"

Pimli's smile is replaced with grim determination as he waits to see if anyone disagrees with his thoughts.

I've never seen a Ogre up close before, this could be fun

=============================================
Cast Prestidigation on  everyone to dry our clothing
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue38/38Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Pimli approached Kellar and touched his leg. The faint shimmer of golden scales moved toward the gnome's hand and fluttered. Kellar felt the spell take effect and the scales rippled like water on a pond. Kellar's armor and skin felt completely dry. "That is helpful, Master Pimli," he said approvingly. The golden scales faded from Kellar as he removed his helmet.

Pimli wrote:Pimli steps forward into the group and smiles up at the warrior, "Keller, you're right the Ogre is the major threat here, but you underestimate the threat of numbers. If push comes to shove and we need to fight then you will be needed to help clear the Orcs. The Ogre is mine, I will keep him out of your hair while our full power is directed at the bulk of the force."

Kellar nodded at Pimli's suggestion. "If that is how you want to handle it, I am fine with taking out the smaller number first. Should you be turned to jam, I'll remember you fondly," he said with a chuckle. Kellar patted Pimli on the head and removed a ration for himself and Orbaugh. He turned to Emelious, "Perhaps no thunder this time around?"
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Emelious sits patiently, the wind gently tousling his hair. Eyes closed, he listens to the group’s planning.  As they finish, he solemnly gets to his feet, and addresses the group.

“For the most part I agree with what has been said, including taking the wagon. However, I don’t think we have time to observe it coming and going,” Emelious looks to the waning sun, “It’s getting late, this might be the last shipment for the day. And even if it isn’t, we have no idea how long it will take. I suggest that, whatever we decide to do, we act now.”

Emelious sighed, he had more to say, and he wasn’t too optimistic of the response he would get. His eyes glanced down at the human miners, and then over Pimli’s ever-smiling face.

It needs to be done.

“We need to free the prisoners. The human miners. Pimli and I have spent ten days in captivity to this group. And while these miners have it easier than being stuffed in a cage and experimented on, I can’t, in good conscience, leave them to their fate. I will not leave them to their fate.  We can save-” Emelious stops as his mouth begins to quiver, “I- I couldn’t save them. The caravan. I- tried, but there was-,” Emelious lets out a shuddering breath.

“There was too many of them, an endless wave of ogres. We were captured… and I told them… I told them that it would be alright, that I would get them safely through this... That they would make it home to see their friends and families."

"And I- I couldn’t. I couldn’t save any of them. All I could do, as I watched each and every one of them be poisoned and discarded, was cry out from my cage, “No, please, use me. Experiment on me. Kill me.” I think that’s why they saved me for last. I think I amused them,”

Tears gently roll down Emelious’ cheeks, “I couldn’t save them. But I can save these ones,” The Cleric gestures to the mine.

Emelious' looks over the party, meeting each of their gaze in turn, then speaks in a hushed plea.

"If you’ll help me.”
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Cuss never expected his feet to garner so much attention, but he thought it fitting that if any feet should, that it be his.  He found Pimli's giggling contagious, and it lightened his mood, "Shorjy use to do that all the time but never did he do it to me.  Oiy, me thinks I like it."

When Kellar heated his boots, he nearly passed out it felt so good.  He slouched against the rock, his voice slurring with exhaustion.  He nodded a thank you, then closed his eyes.  He continued listening to Kellar, Pimli, and the others from in the dark.  

When Pimli mentioned the Orcs being left out of mind for a time, Cuss tried to ask Dwan, "How mannny spores it take fooor an Orc?"  The question ending with a large yawn.

Cuss shook his head to open his eyes, but they were too heavy to lift all the way open.  Through slits he spotted and lifted the little warhorn tied to his belt, presenting it to the others.  "Me thinks I'll be looking for anybody toating one like this, and I'll hit them first, yeah?"

Then Emelious stands and begins to speak.  His words adding weight to the pendant hanging around Custer's neck.  He straitened his back to hear it pop, the sensation opening his eyes wide awake.  He blinked hard twice, simmering on the realization that as hard as the loss of his family and friends in Esmeltaran pulled his heart to shreds, that he did not suffer alone among friends.  We've all been scarred by this in some way.  Oiy, and poor Shorjy...

Cuss rose and cleared his throat.  "Well, I spect that be the end of the rest, no?"  He snorted a laugh, "They've been at it all day, surely they can wait another moment for a tired Halfling to drain his water, yes?"

When the group moves on the camp, he will skirt the flank toward the larger group of miners and guards.  He'll try to spot any with warhorns, and take them down quickly using his bows.  Rolling perception with advantage given the view from the precipice and the opportunity it gives us to take time and spot the horns before moving.  Rolling stealth without it.

[Perception +1]

[Stealth +9]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:43 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:43 pm

[Thank heavens for Halfling's Luck.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:43 pm

#1 'D20' : 10

#2 'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

The steely sky sat as a blanket across the jagged mountain pass, silent and foul smelling. The unkind terrain threatened to topple each man as he stepped through the perilous dells and napes.

The cold sky was a comfort to Artimus where there was little comfort to be had. He bid a silent and secret prayer that the sky would part and that his immortal companions that made the rest there would emerge, signalling their way.

They had never failed to bring him home. Where-ever that may be.

His breath came out in clouds of warm mist, rolling and alive.

As he listen to the ranger speak, he pulled out some parchment and ink and began mapping the general lay of the land with the rangers assistance.

** Artimus makes rough map**
1d20 cartography (21)

====
Back in the cave,

Artimus watched Pimili as he poured over the orcish corpse, wiping away the filth and pith from the wound to examine the conspicuously present brain.

No multi-tentacle subterranean beast made a meal here.

Artimus peered into the hole asking

"May I?"

He examined the wound closely to determine if the wound was inflicted by a weapon he would recognize
(d20) 17 (if any martial weapon 20)

====

The thin air was pierced by a distinct cheesy taint, found to be wafting up from the Halfling exposed and harry foot. Artimus was reminded of his own moist clammy feet. A status that he regarded just next to painful death. In his line of work both were nearly unbearable and certain.

Hmmm, the mariner droned. Hearing Custer's initial brainstorm-

I like it, it's bold and crass and efficient..... However, Word of our infiltration has broken, and we cannot be so bold to think the orc watch, dim as they are, will not be looking for our troop, especially heading to the twin towers.

Dwan and Kellar's suggestions rolled over his mind.

Hmmm, he droned again.  

Good, very good, but how do we bypass the ogre, a tangle would surely gain the attention of that mining crew... We do have all manner of paralytic poison. A dipped arrow followed by a swift attack?

Artimus finished glancing at Custer, Hale and Osvald.

Mon dragoon, it's true you should stay out of sight, you're.... conspicuous. I volunteer as a wagon-driver. I have that vague brigand je ne c'est qui look about me.

1d20 stealth 20
===================================
===================================

17, 16, 14.

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17, 16, 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:13 pm

"Perhaps no thunder this time around?" Kellar smiled at Emelious.

"Right. Several random thunderstrikes would probably rouse some suspicion. I'll... I'll think of something."

Why do all my spells have to make noise?!

----

If the party sneaks down, Emelious will stay close to the melee combatants as they are the most likely to get injured and need healing.

If the fight starts he will cast Sacred Flame if there is a weakened opponent (2d8 radiant vs DC 14 Dex Save) hoping to finish it off, if there isn't a weakened opponent he will cast it at the most threatening target, but not the ogre.

[Stealth: 9 + 4 = 13 ]

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Kellar listened to Emelious, the half-elf had indeed seen such horrors only one could imagine. I remember I told more than one hunter that they'd be okay if they followed orders... He saw Emelious tear up. Kellar approached and put a hand on his shoulder. "I will help you."
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Artimus wrote:I volunteer as a wagon-driver. I have that vague brigand je ne c'est qui look about me.

Cuss nodded with Artimus, "Aye, an that'll free me hands for me bow should the ruse fall flat, no?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Listening to Emelious speak of there captivity Pimli feels his regained smile fade from his face.

"No one should be held in chains or cages, No one! I will help"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneaking down from there vantage, Pimli gives each of his friends a big smile before breaking off towards the pond that the Ogre is sitting by. If I'm turned to jam like Keller seems to think I want these people to remember me with a smile on my face, and not mopping around like I have been.

Pimli skirts off to the left staying low to avoid detection, moving ever closer to the Ogre, ever closer to his possible death. [Stealh roll d20+3: 9 ]

Last edited by Pimli Prixus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 pm

The member 'Pimli Prixus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Cuss carefully loads all of his carried crossbows, and stows or carries them so that they will not loose an unintended quarrel into his back or belly.  He had crafted a sort of safety mechanism that involve suspending a plug from the stock.  It hung loose enough that it could be jammed between the wood and the trigger, avoiding release of the string.  It was small and light enough Cuss could pop it free with a finger or thumb before pressing down on the wrought iron trigger.

He checked his wound, pulling his scarf from around his arm.  The bleeding had stopped long ago, and a thick scab had set hard in the cold air.  He flapped the scarf, shaking some of his dried blood from it before tying it around his face.  It smelled of copper.

Then, he nodded to his friends, pulled his cloak up over his head, and skidded off the edge of the precipice, hanging from his hands before releasing for the short fall and rolling the landing out in a tumble.  It was not that high for a human, but for any normal halfling, it was a dangerous drop.

He was no normal halfling.

Quietly, almost without a trace, he skirted the edge of the clearing in the dim purple light.  As soon as he spotted guards with horns, he considered his targets and approach.

If more than one, he will close in, hopefully within 30 feet, before loosing two quarrels from Olc and Maith +7 at two of the guards with horns.  He will then duck behind a human prisoner and whisper up to him, "Esmeltaran will never forget her children."
26 and 17.

If only one, he will set up at the end of his range with his light crossbow, and loose a long shot into the single guard with a horn.  +6.  He will then try to roll/duck behind a rock for cover.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:53 pm

#1 'D20' : 19, 9

#2 'D20' : 10, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Pimli sneaks up on the Ogre as best as he can, getting just close enough to almost smell the Giant. Then betrays his own location.

"Hey Big, Green, and Ugly!" he shouts at the Ogre.

The Ogre swings it's head around and stares angrily at the gnome. "You call Thud ugly? Thud make little man squish like berry in Thuds fist" The Ogre bellows at the Gnome.

"What does a big, smelly Ogre call a group of Human miners? come on this is an easy one every for you.", the gnome pauses waiting for an answer but the Ogre only looks confused and angry, "Sigh, Ok I'll tell you. He call's them Dinner!" Pimli aims his staff towards the Ogre, the gem on the end flashing once, causing the words of his joke to whisper around the Ogres head repeating over and over [Cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on the Ogre. DC14 Wis save or fall prone with uncontrollable laughter and suffer the incapacitated condition save ends: Ogre succeeds]

=============================================

Get to within 30ft of the Ogre using the stealth check of 9 from previous post
Cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on the Ogre DC14 Wis save of prone and incapacitated
Sad Gnome is Sad
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Kellar walked at the back of the party, both of the orcs in their poison induced haze. Their mutterings and flailing bodies reminded him of watching fishmen (sahagins) flop on the ground after being speared. As the group approached, he set them on the ground, still bound by madness and chains. He watched Pimli approach the ogre and crack wise. Stealth Roll= 2+5= 7; Failure (unless Pass Without Trace is active, then: 17; Success!

If Pimli's spell does not work: Kellar will move ten feet and Jump into the air. Kellar is at 80 feet of elevation before descending on the ogre with his lance. Will roll in Lair when setup.

If Pimli's spell DOES work: Kellar will move to the most immediate threat and attack. This assumes Custer's assassination of the Horn Blowers is successful.

Orbaugh peeks out and looks at the environment as they approach. Perception roll= 8+4= 12; success? Orbaugh's vision is hampered by the flailing bodies of the orcs Kellar is carrying on his shoulder.

Last edited by Kellar on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:25 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 2

#2 'D20' : 8, 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:23 pm

The fellowship charges through the terrain, their figures blending with shadow and wickedly grown trees as Olufsen’s spell casts its eldritch magics over their figures. They watch Custer bridge the edge of the mining camp, using his breach as signal to charge.

The air is thin, and acrid - as you run, your lungs struggle for the breath required to carry you over the broken landscape.

Boots slosh through shallow pools, choked with weeds and rife with tadpoles or wriggling minnows.

To the north, you swing your head - watching as Kellar charges in towards the ogre, Pimli standing defiant as his staff glows brilliantly, the ogre baring down upon him…

You focus your charge on the mining camp, witnessing Custer’s bolts sail through the air -

[…Custer]

The halfling watches as his crossbows loose into the orcen lookouts.

It wasn’t hard to spot them. Smaller, wiry little gits, keeping a cocky, haphazard watch over the dismal mountain valley. Even before Custer’s fingers pulled the triggers, he knew his shots had found their mark.

*SPLFF*  

*SCHUNK*

His ears couldn’t hear the sounds, but his eyes allowed him to hear. The familiar look of surprise on the green skins faces, as the bolts pierced gently into their throats, collapsing the trachea and severing the brain stem.

A look of defiance, before vacancy found their faces. They drop to their knees, clutching at bleeding necks.

Satisfaction

[Duba and Geiuz are insta killed by Custer]

In just a moment, the rest of the camp would notice. The prisoners would throw off their shackles, and the orcs would be overthrown.

"Esmeltaran will never forget her children.”

Custer whispers softly behind the filthy back of a prisoner, who stops swinging his pick abruptly. The human watches as the orcs fall to their knees, silent as the orcs begin to shout, scrambling to grab weapons.

He turns round quickly - very quickly. Facing Custer with a darkened look not matching his liberation.

”Funny that. The Laughing God don’t forget his, either.”

Custer barely hears the words in that thick, Tethyrian accent, before the miner’s pickaxe comes crashing into his face-

[H7, Rahull attacks vs. Custer]
[Hit! 6 damage to Cuss]

[…Pimli]

The gnome’s spell crashes into the charging ogre’s face, and Pimli anticipate’s the twisted sneer of involuntary laughter, sure to render the brute incapacitated.

But the ogre keeps moving, feet sloshing through puddles and digging deep trenches in the earth as the wizard realizes…

…the spell has failed.

Before Pimli can move, the enormous beast comes crashing down upon him, every extraneous, fleshy bit of flab reverberating in anticipation of crushing the tiny magicker…

“THUD KILL YOU.”

[Thud vs. Pimli; grapple;
11+4 = 15]

====================

Ok guys,

Kellar and Pimli are over by the wagon, confronting the ogre. Pimli is being grappled by the ogre, DC 15 to escape through his hairy, jiggling muscular arms.

Custer is on the outcropping of the mining camp, realizing now that the humans aren’t prisoners…And the whole camp is looking at him…

(I auto-killed those two orcs you shot at, Cuss. Great rolls, cool scene)

Kell, I'll allow you to take an extra action this turn, because you didnt roll for your javelin strike.

The rest of you - you’re equal distance from Kell/Pim and Custer. You can arrive at either scenes this turn, and take an action (or a ranged action, of course)

EXP: +25

A
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:05 am

He rolls away from the blow, but it does little to lessen the impact.  Cuss knows he has no time to recoil from the flash of pain.  His blistered feet flex and his legs spring him between the human's.  He dances away from the next wild swing as he starts to move in the direction of his friends.  

The miners quickly became a mob, several diving for him or swinging their tools.  They were tired and unskilled with their makeshift weapons, so the nimble Halfling uses this to his advantage.  He jumps atop a rock to spring off it in another direction.  He ducks two swinging shovels causing them to strike each other with a loud clang.  He narrowly misses severe injury by hair's width over and over until he appears from the crowd in full sprint for his friends.  

In the mob's confusion, the crowd pauses to follow as the oblivious ones along the edge were turned around by those inside trying to chase after him.  Then they saw his friends...

He skids to stop, reloading his bows as his body turns to face the enemy.  Between heavy breaths he labors to say, "Eh, might be we have to kill them all, yeah?"

[Cuss uses Cunning Action to Disengage and then double moves.  Oh, disengage, let me count the ways...]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

Ao wrote:
The gnome’s spell crashes into the charging ogre’s face, and Pimli anticipate’s the twisted sneer of involuntary laughter, sure to render the brute incapacitated.

But the ogre keeps moving, feet sloshing through puddles and digging deep trenches in the earth as the wizard realizes…

…the spell has failed.

Before Pimli can move, the enormous beast comes crashing down upon him, every extraneous, fleshy bit of flab reverberating in anticipation of crushing the tiny magicker…

“THUD KILL YOU.”

[Thud vs. Pimli; grapple;
11+4 = 15]

Pimli's frozen has the Ogre lumbers towards him, tearing furrows into the earth with each step. When the Giant reaches him he moves to grab Pimli with both hands while yelling in a deep guttural roar "THUD KILL YOU". Pimli swallows audibly We can't have that now can we, I said I'd handle this monster and I will. His face set in determination Pimli ducks under the Ogres grasping hands and rolls between its legs. [Acrobats vs DC15 grapple attempt: Using portent dice 12+3=15 SUCCESS!]

From the other side of the Ogre, Pimli turns to once again face it, not noticing the Dragoons flying leap that is about to come crashing down.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Pimli's left hand raises, fingers moving in the familiar patterns of the spell he's about to cast "Knirhs nwod ot emong ezis." he lashes out with his staff towards to towering giant, the gem pulsating with light as the arcane energies try to take hold [Cast Enlarge/Reduce on the Ogre to try to shrink it down to have the size and an eight of the weight (4'5"-5", 118lbs) CON save vs DC14 using Ogre stats from MM d20+3 = Ogre succeeds save]

The Ogre feels the energies refract off his back, shrugging off there effects, and turns towards the gnome bellowing laughter.

"Little gnome tickle Thud. Thud make you squish now!" Raising a meaty fist ready to pummel Pimli into paste.

Over the shoulder of the Ogre Pimli sees a familiar streak of light falling from the sky, If Fate deems it then it will be, but not today Thud not today, salvation is on it's way.

Pimli smiles up at the Ogre because he knows whats coming, Fate it appears isn't done with the little gnome yet.

============================================
Successfully escape grapple attempt with portent dice on Acrobatics 12+3=15 vs DC15: SUCCESS
Attempt to Shrink the Ogre down to my size CON save vs DC14: d20+3=16 : Ogre succeeds

Last edited by Pimli Prixus on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rolls and Action)
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Emelious approaches the mining encampment, keeping low as he does. He’d be ready to act as soon as Custer made his move.

No thunder. No. Thunder.

Emelious prepared himself to bring down the orc captors with divine flame. With Valkur as his guide he would cleanse this valley of their corruption.

Flit. Flit.

Emelious smirked at the muffled sound of Custer’s discharging crossbows, and watched as two orcs fell.

Two down, ten to go. ...Well, ten and an ogre. Alright then, that’s our-

Emelious watched in horror as the human Custer hid behind turned and struck at him with his pick, hitting the halfling in the face.

No…

The whole situation warped in Emelious’ mind. He thought he was acting as a savior. A dozen orcs standing between him and twenty innocents. A chance to make up for his previous failure, to ease his guilt, to start anew. But all that had been stripped away. These weren’t innocents toiling under their zealot captors. These were servants of Cyric. The people that murdered those he swore to protect. The people who had tormented the Half-Elf for the past two weeks, and that would continue to do so for the rest of his life.  The people that would see his retribution.

Fleeing from the mob, Custer joins the group, “Eh, might be we have to kill them all, yeah?"

“Yes. Yes, we will.

Emelious charges forward with a snarl, a rage building in him, his face warm as the adrenaline implores his heart to pump more and more blood. Shield raised, he rushes toward the cluster of human miners, and squares off with them.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” The cleric raises his free hand and beckons them to him, “I have a Mad God to stop, and I don’t have all day.”

----

[Emelious takes the Dodge action.]
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Artimus ducked low behind Emelious as they approached the dig site. flashes of movement to almost out of his eye-line was all his periphery glimpsed at Custer launched two deadly flights. A catapult of steele and blue  zipped out of sight as Kellar, Dragoon and champion launched skyward toward a diminished Orge and Pimili bravely squared off.  Pimili's first set as a comedian fell flat, there would be an oncore and Artimus trusted that his second act would be a performance to remember.

|As they closed on the Orcen guards, watching over the men who toiled digging in their hole, he saw what he quietly feared as captor turned on would be saviour.

"Zome men do not want to be zaved"

As Emelious became as a barracade, his shield and aegies held tightly the mariner darted from his position, slashing as he sprang from behind emelious sailing by the guard, wounding him fatally. Stepping behind the his withering victim he slashed again, hobbling the second sentry.

"These men will be set free of their toil.. one way or the next"

========================
Attack on O9'Sayzu w swordman ability percise attack , killing him
attack on Alaba bloodying him.
O9'Sayzu': 0/22/ Killed by Artimus round 1
O10'Alaba': 7/16

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:39 pm

'D20' : 19, 17, 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:28 pm

KWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Orbaugh said in Kellar's mind as the Dragoon rocketed into the sky. He peeked his tiny head out from under the shield and felt the breeze on his face. He looked about as his Master reached the apex and slowly arched toward the ground. "Orbaugh, use your wings, glide us toward that ogre," Kellar said. Instinctively Orbaugh skittered to Kellar's shoulders and raised his frail wings and began affecting Kellar's descent. Kellar used True Strike. Hang on Orbaugh, impact in three, two, one!

The ogre was preoccupied with Pimli and didn't feel the Dragoon's approach.

"Thud, turn you to-"

CRACK!

The Lance drove between the shoulder blades of the ogre and erupted through its belly. Attack Roll= 12+8=20; Lunge Die= 3; Damage 10+7= 17 If fall damage added: 3, 3, 6, 3, 6, 1= 22 Damage (42 total) Kellar's boots landed squarely on the ogre's shoulders. All the weight and momentum went into the attack. The ogre dropped to a knee from the weight of the impact. Kellar pulled his lance free and kicked off from the ogre. "I'm more your size, Ogre! Come on!"

The impact shook Orbaugh free of Kellar, and he skidded across the arm of the ogre and attempted to strike the neck. Orbaugh Attack= 14+4= 18; Damage= 3+4= 7 (Will roll CON save for poison effect, if needed) Orbaugh found the soft spot of the ogre's neck, just below the jaw. The tiny stinger pierced the skin. "Hisssssssss!" Orbaugh gave his fiercest growl and leapt down to his Master's side.

"Olufsen! You're up!"

Last edited by Kellar on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:28 pm

#1 'D20' : 2, 12

#2 'D12' : 10

#3 'D20' : 14

#4 'D4' : 3

#5 'D6' : 3, 3, 6, 3, 6, 1

#6 'D8' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm

In the mist-ridden valley, the sounds of boots sloshing upon earth and the clang of men and orcs raising their arms fills the air. The earthy smell of moss and muck gives way to the metallic, steely scent of blood as Artimus cuts the miner to ribbons.

The man drops, dismembered, in a fine mist as the mariner attacks from behind Emelious’ shield.

“HRRAAAA!” you watch as the filthy, unclean face of another miner comes crashing against the cleric’s upraised bulwark, the hard clang ringing in your ears. Behind him, what seems like a legion of disorganized men and green skins mobilizing themselves.

[H1; nate vs. Emelious = miss]

Furiously, in a spray of mud and earth, three orcs crash into your flank nearly unseen-

[O10, O11, O12 use furious charge to crash into the flank of Artimus, Emelious, Dwan and Custer, roughly]

Teeth barred, the brutes bare down with axes, their muscles flexing as your feet slide backward through the muddy terrain -

[O10 vs. Artimus; Hit!]
[9 damage to Artimus]

The mariner feels the crunch of axe upon shoulder, pain shooting through his arm as he turns to answer -

[O11 vs. Emelious; Miss!]

Emelious watches his comrade take the blow, turning aside the second orc as the third maneuvers himself against the dwarf…

[O12 vs. Dwan; Miss]

The orc slides through the mud, nearly dropping his weapon as the blow goes far wide of the dwarf…

Adrenaline courses through your veins as you realize that more are baring down on you…

[…]

Pimli’s face is splattered with mud and blood, as the lancer skewers through the Ogre leaving a nearly disemboweled mess at its feet.

But the enormous fat-laden creature merely rises up, its own mouth dripping with crimson fluid, its eyes laced with hatred and vitriol.

The gnome forgotten, it stumbles towards the wagon and hefts a crushing punch right toward Kellar -

[Ogre vs. Kellar; Miss!]

But the beast is too slow. Kellar the Quick nimbly sidesteps, sliding his foot through a puddle and ducking the blow with plenty of time to spare…

The ogre stumbles onward, spilling its life fluid all over this field of battle…

[…]

There is a moment of silence and clarity, as the three orcs circle you, and then -

*SLAM*

*THUD*
*THUD*
*THUD*
*THUD*
-CHINK!
*SLAM*!

Emelious stands firm, turning aside blow after blow as a tide of human miners charge like a shambling horde, their pickaxes raining down upon the shield.

The divine strength of Valkur holds the bulwark, as the Cleric dances nimbly to turn them aside.

[H2,3,4,5,and 6 attack Emelious - miss!]

One orc stares into Artimus’ eyes with hatred, it’s fellows circling around Custer and Dwan distrustfully.

“You’re meat, hoooman.” it says gruffly, spitting on the edge of its’ axe.

“You’re a long way from home."

The captain looks past Emelious’ shield, frowning as he watches the situation unfold. These are not skilled tacticians, toiling in the mines in this wretched place. But they do understand the value of range and flanking.

A half-dozen men are setting up near the mouth of the mine with longbows, grabbed off the back of a wagon. And a half-dozen more have split off to circle around the fellowship, ready to charge in from the rear…

Custer spins round, looking for an opening. It doesn’t look like one is materializing.

=====================

Ok guys, Kellar, Olufsen and Pimli are busy hoeing down with the ogre near the wagon. I think the thing is almost dead at this point, but its fighting furiously.

Custer, Artimus, and Emelious are holding the line. I’ve placed Dwan there also, in lieu of a post. Osvald, we can assume, is perhaps 30 feet behind them.

You’re currently dealing with 6 humans and 3 orcs that are tangling with you. 6 more men are setting up as archers about 180 feet away, at the front of the mine. Another 4 have split up to circle you from the north, and another 4 have split up to circle you from the south. They’ll be able to charge your flanks this coming turn.

If you don’t do something, then there’ll be a flurry of Attack of Opportunity’s if you try and flee once they’ve engaged you from the flanks.

Time for some creative thinking, lads. The horde descends.

EXP: +30

Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:28 am

Emelious looked around at the escalating opposition. Archers off in the distance, miners moving to pursue their flanks, not to mention the nine enemy combatants in their immediate midst. The Half-Elf  wouldn’t be able to keep up this dance for long, not against that number of arms.

We need to thin down these numbers. And quick.

Kellar’s words echoed in the Cleric’s mind, "Perhaps no thunder this time around?"

Sorry, Kell. The sound might ruin our element of surprise, but so would us being dead.

Emelious yelled over the cacophony of battle at his comrades, “Pare down these orcs, and then when I give the signal... fall back

----

When the miners charge our flanks Emelious will yell, "Now!" At that time he hopes for Artimus, Dwan, and Custer to fall back. If done right they will get clear just as the charge arrives, at which time Emelious will release his readied Thunderwave cast at level 2. Empowered by Destructive Wrath this will deal 24 damage, or 12 if they succeed on a constitution saving throw versus a DC of 14. However the humans only have 12 health so they will be killed outright. If Emelious catches all of them in the blast that is 14 human miners down, and if not he'll still take out a hefty amount of them

Also, while Thunderwave is loud, the spells description says the sound travels 300 feet so it shouldn’t alert the posts down the road.
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Olufsen observed the battlefield. The miners were not battle hardened, nor were they prepared for what this small group could do. After Nerghull, the group had become a well-oiled machine. Kellar was on task for the largest threat, Custer was on the leaders, Artimus was on the front-liners, Dwan took care of crowds, Pimli... Pimli was brave. He distracted the enemy long enough for others to cleave and smash them into oblivion. Emelious shook the air with thunder and used his shield like no other. Olufsen and Osvald used their arrows to puncture holes in the broken ranks.

If I had these men before, perhaps the Teeth may have been a different place.

"Olufsen! You're up!"

The ranger raised his bow and loosed an arrow at the ogre. "Osvald, there are a lot of them, but none of them battle tested. The ogre is down, the rout is on," he said. Attack Roll= 8+12= 20; Damage= 4+7= 11 "Archers are setting up at the entrance, let's greet them with a couple arrows." Olufsen moved along the left flank and closed into range. "I have the one on the left," he said.

THWIPT! Attack Roll= 1+12= 13; Damage= 0 MISS! The arrow flew toward its target, true and sound. Luck would find itself with target. He fell in the mud just as the arrow flew overhead, clanging against the rocky outcropping.

The arrow flew past Kellar as he dodged the clumsy swing of the ogre. It struck the chest, the ogre pawed at it and fell forward. Kellar planted his Lance in the mud and put his boot on the handle to anchor it. Attack Roll= 3+7= 10; Damage= 0 Miss! The ogre swiped the lance aside as it fell, sending the Lance flying. Kellar staggered back from the swipe. He removed Blood Drinker from his harness and raised his arms over his head! Attack Roll= 20+8; Damage= 10+8= 18 (Extra dmg in Lair) The Greataxe came down on the ogre's head. Blood and viscera flew into the air. Kellar was covered, but re-gripped his weapon and moved toward the enemy coming from the south. Blood seeped into Kellar's visor and trickled toward his mouth. Kellar felt Blood Drinker shake violently in his hands as he advanced. Stronk, yu arrrr. Mor Strenk. Mor! (Kellar used daily ability to gain +4 STR from weapon)

Athletics Roll= 1+8=9 (Poor height on the jump)

"Don't let them flank us!" He said as he moved toward the southern-most squad of men. Orbaugh, stay with Pimli. Sting anyone who gets close!

Last edited by Kellar on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:35 pm

#1 'D20' : 8, 1

#2 'D8' : 4, 2

#3 'D20' : 3

#4 'D12' : 10

#5 'D20' : 1

#6 'D20' : 20

#7 'D12' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Pimli Prixus Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

CRASH!

The sound of Kellar colliding with the Ogre brings a larger grin to Pimli's face, He's distracted maybe now my magics will be effecting. He watches the tiny Psudo-Dragon leap from Kellars shoulder and bite then sting the monster. It's not looking to good at all any more hehehe

Pimli sees the Ogres meaty fist come down and Kellar deftly set away from the impact, and then THWIPT! an arrow blooms in the beasts chest, turning Pimli sees Olfusen lose another arrow that doesn't reach it's mark. He hears anger from the Ogre and turns back ready to cast an deal with the giant brute once and for all, The Ogre slapped Kellars lance out of the way and is bellowing at him in a guttural language Pimli doesn't understand. Arcane energies dropping from his fingers he doesn't see the death blow but it's Kellars voice that breaks him out of thought.

"Don't let them flank us!" and with that the Dragoon took to the air once again, leaving Orbaugh by Pimli's side, the Psudo-Dragon ready to pounce acting as a guard for the little Gnome.

"Well Orbaugh, we should be taking advantage of the confusion I think" He says as he begins running towards where the archers are pearched to get a better view of the battle field. When he gets there he sees something he wasn't expecting at all, the miners swarming his companions, the Archers pin cushioning as many as they can as quickly as they can, and Kellar in flight on his way to yet another mark.

He makes a quick survey of the battle field looking for the more armored guards that they saw from there vantage before the attack. three down, one bleeding, two looking like they haven't been touched. They look like they'll be handled easily enough.

"Don't let them flank us!" Kellars words ring in Pimlis mind, and he looks for the flankers, four of them in the direction the Dragoon jumped, and four of them moving unhindered, hmmmm let's see if Fate wants them to move without obstacle

Pimli raises his left hand towards the group, moving his fingers in the remembered motions, the gem on the end of his staff going deepest black almost drinking in the light around it, "Leef eht llihc hcuot fo eht evarg". Pimli points the gemed staff towards the miner in the lead of the pack of flankers, causing a spectral hand to appear in front of the runner, grasping onto his shoulder. [Cast Chill Touch cantrip on H17: d20+6 vs AC:14 SUCCESS]

==============================================
Move to Olfusen and Ozvalds position
Cast Chill Touch on H17: 14 to hit SUCCESS (dmg rolls in lair)

Last edited by Pimli Prixus on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pimli Prixus
Pimli Prixus
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

'D20' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Alaba wrote:“You’re a long way from home."

The bleeding beast spoke to Artimus, but Custer answered first.  "Closer than you know, yeah?"  The question punctuated by the click of his bow strings pulling taught in their triggers.  

Emelious wrote:“Pare down these orcs, and then when I give the signal... fall back!”

Cuss's bolts were already in the air, flying for the Orc Emelious had turned with his shield.

[Xbow Xpert, no disadvantage in melee.  Target O11.]

[Olc +7]

[Maith +7]

It never saw them.  Just as it begun to heft its axe for another strong swing, they disappeared deep into the soft flesh of its armpit killing it instantly.  The weight of the axe toppling its limp body.

[If all three Orcs fall:]

Cuss lunges two steps and leaps over the fallen body of an Orc as he tries to scramble away from the miners toward Kellar's charge.

[If they do not:]

Cuss hunches between Emelious and Artimus as he works to reload his bows.

Shoot and move or shoot and reload to avoid attacks of opportunity.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:19 pm

#1 'D20' : 19

#2 'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Artimus winced , turning the blow aside. A flow of honored crimson pouring out of his lacerated joint.
Non, non, non,  mon crabe zale! You cannot be zo brutizh, you muzt ztrike wizh grace, and zhiz iz why you loze. Zhiz iz why you die. Mining for a mad god in zhe muck.

The Mariner, moved to the right flank cutting an opening in the line as he swiped and fein’d , dogging the orcen guards with w flurry of poking attacks maneuvering the position of the horde to Emelious' front.

Artimus hoped that the cleric of Valkur could repeat his performance in the temple of brass,  he was counting on it. They all were.

=========================

attack on O6 and O12
expend swordmen dice for manoeuvring strike opting to more  the orcs in from the right flank further in front of Emelious.
hit on O6
Hit on O12

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:02 pm

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Dwan dodges to the side of the orc's swing, he snarls at the creature.  As Dwan is about to strike back he can feel a familiar hair rising on his arms. He looks back to Emelious

Emelious wrote:Now!

Dwan takes a few quick steps and dives away from the half-elf, covering his ears at the same time.  

**BOOOM**

As he rises he can see that the orc attacking him appears in a slight daze as he recovers from the noise.  Dwan raises his hand towards his mouth and spits a mist of purple into the orc's face.

**Poison Spray - Orc12 save 2+2 < 14 no save damage in Lair**

The orc is caught by surprise and breaths in a majority of the spray. His eyes spread at the taste, pupils already expanding past the iris, it tries to cough and starts convulsing instead. It drops it's weapon and claws at its throat feebly as it falls to the ground to stillness.

Dwan raises his shield and scans the area around him for the next threat.

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down