Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Four

+7
Custer Thickett
DiceMaster
Kellar
Pimli Prixus
Artimus DeLonde
Dwan Bolduum
Osvald Hale
11 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty Re: Chapter Four

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:51 pm

She said, "What of that smile then... Cuss? Do you try and woo me? Ho ho! I doubt the business in your trousers would be sufficient to scratch my toes!"

Cuss's tilts his head back, snorting to stifle a laugh.  "Ha!  Don't right know what kind of creatures ya been bedding, but ya right about me.  Halflings doan keep extra fingers in their trousers.  Oiy, that'd be a sight, yeah?  Iffen I did have another hand down there, I'm sure scratching your toes is just what I'd wanna be doing with it."

Yet he enjoyed the laugh mostly alone and in the misery of a broken arm.  Kellar had interjected into the conversation, asking her about home.  Might be he recognized her.  It would not surprise Custer, as she looked much more his type than the Harper, though his blue friend would never claim so.  Custer thought about quipping such a comment for another laugh, but Dwan's comment about rolling in the hay turned his attention away.

When he saw what he intended to roll in the hay with, Cuss felt pity for the Dwarf.   Oiy, poor Dwan.  The pink plague must've made it to his eyes, or to the middle of his thick skull.  He thought about saving his friend, but his hesitation led him to a realization.  Dwan's own dirty beard and hair almost matched the hygiene of his new lady friend.  Together, the dirty pair almost made a cute couple in their own way.  

Cuss's mouth opened to point the observation out to the others, but no words came out.  He heard Dwan's whisper.  The Dwarf was up to something more than the obvious.  This he had to see, and so it was that he stared at them as he continued to eat his rotten apple.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:25 pm

The Angoorian woman sizes up Kellar, clearly taken aback that he recognizes her lineage.

She stiffens her lip, though not in malice.

"We are a private people, mercenary. But yes, I am here on my journey. I've been riding with the men under Cyric for six weeks now. I'm surprised I've not seen you before..."

She looks at you suspiciously, but the thought leaves her.

"They are raiders, marauders. This is our way also. I do not love them, or their god. But the profit is right."

She sneers

"Or, it would be if I didn't have to suffer that beholder. Xanckang the cowed they call him. A powerful beast, but minipulative as the hells, and terrified of those that outrank him. Sadly, I do not. And so, I must suffer his musings and beratements in this camp."

"I am Weethoua, by the way. Of clan Zweilou."

[...]

The sour-toothed woman jumps into Dwans lap, stroking at his scraggly beard.

"A tussle... Behind the beholder? My, dwarves certainly do have imagination...!"

She pauses, giving him a godawful look as she lowers the brim of her top. She smells of two weeks of perfumes and sweat, and her natural musk is clearly winning the battle.

"I know a way into the sanctum, if that's what you fancy. I pull scullery duty, and there's a passage we take through the back ramparts. Not supposed to, but saves me a conversation with Xanckang..."

She looks into Dwans eyes, doe-eyed.

"Wot say you, handsome? 100 gold pieces? To buy me something..."

She speaks breathily...

"Pretty?"

[...]

Emelious' eyes flare, the scowling man toppling over his crate and nearly soiling himself on the ground.

His compatriots roar with laughter, the intimidated man scuttling backward.

"Fuckin' half...breed!" He shouts, stumbling away pitifully.

The gambling men look at you, their laughter dying down after a raucous minute of pantomiming their friends hasty retreat.

"Looks like you won that one, friend. You can't be one of the rank and file!" Says a blond haired Tethyrian with a smile, pouring himself a drink.

"Whutte say it - you one of the inner sanctum men? Whutte are you doing out here dicing with the rabble?"

[...]

Cuss observes the development with Dwan and the whore progress. He slips backward, into the shadows, as he always does...

==========

Ok lads! Happy holidays friends - I know it's been a few days, so let's get back on the horse and rock n roll

Exp: +100 to each of you for chrissssmaas
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:27 pm

I hope her stench doesn't stick in my beard.

Wot say you, handsome? 100 gold pieces?

Dwan lets a smile cross his lips and pulls her closer.  

I can give ye 50 now and the rest before we start tumbling. he says with a wink.Me gnome says it'll be worth every penny. lead the way!

As she gets up to lead the way Dwan scans the room, seeing Emelious gambling with a group of drunkards and Kellar still talking up the incredibly tall woman.  Artimus and Cuss have seemed to have blended in with the crowd.

He stands up and fakes a stumble into Kellar.

Oi, sorry, brother! Ye know how I gets with the prospect of the back door.  He lets out a bellow of a laugh See ye in a bit...

>>>Not too quick now, handsome she says wryly

or maybe not! he chuckles again.

Dwan grabs a hold of the woman's hand as she leads him away.

PLEASE! I hope he understood that.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once she leads him away from the crowd, Dwan discretely channels his thoughts into the Kraken's fist

The kindly woman I found knows a secret way to the room behind the beholder, try to follow if you can.  

Dwan then proceeds to instruct them on which door to go through, and where to turn to get to the sanctum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwan lets the scullery maid lead him to the back way.

He bumps Kellar to get his attention for a minute and tries to send the directions through the Kraken's fist.

(Ao, if the Kraken's fist will be to obvious while traveling with her, Dwan will not use it but will mentally take note of where to turn, so that he may use it later.)
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Weethoua wrote: I'm surprised I've not seen you before..."

Kellar adjusted his helmet and shrugged. "I am not surprised. We were separated from the main body of troops at Esmeltaran. We had to shift and hide as we rode back here. Not easy," he replied. She introduced herself. Kellar nodded and shook her hand again. "Kel'Lar. Dragoon." He eyed the beholder at the top of the stairs and looked around the room again. The others had been engaged in various activities. Dwan... what's he-! The dwarf bumped into him.

Dwan Bolduum wrote:"Oi, sorry, brother! Ye know how I gets with the prospect of the back door. See ye in a bit..."
Insight Roll= 17+1= 18; Success!

"Quite right, have fun with that one," chuckled Kel'Lar.

He turned back to Weethoua. "How long do you plan on staying? I mean, the gold is right and all that, but surely you will grow tired?" Kellar waited for her reply as he glanced at Dwan parting the area and the others doing their thing.

Last edited by Kellar on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:13 pm

"Looks like you won that one, friend. You can't be one of the rank and file! Whutte say it - you one of the inner sanctum men? Whutte are you doing out here dicing with the rabble?"

“Well,” Emelious began, “The family you are born to doesn’t define who you are. I was born to a ‘noble' family, of Waterdeep of all places; but it wasn’t the right fit, and as soon as I was old enough I earned passage on a sailing vessel. Did some mercenary work along the sword coast with some sea weathered scoundrels. It was a great time, and I still prefer the company of real men. Actual people. Nobles and people of power got a stick up their arse like you wouldn’t believe. No thanks.”

Emelious calls the bet, “But yah, that’s why I’m out here with you lot. Can’t relax in there. Hells, I’m glad I was out and about as long as I was. Didn’t have to put up with the ‘high folk’. Only downside is… and keep this amongst ourselves, I have no idea what our current situation is. I haven’t checked in for so long, and as you can see I’m still putting it off,” Emelious laughs, “Mind filling me in?”
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18 (16 without shield)
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:48 pm

With his arm splinted and cradled in a sling thanks to Dwan's help, Cuss feels he has a chance to be of use to the group's goals once again.  He padded through the room, hiding among the crowd as he followed Dwan.  He'd not chance his friend falling into a trap alone.

[Stealth]

[Sorry so short, work and some writers block]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:48 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:08 am

Weethoua looks at Kellar, intrigued by his line of questioning.

"I will stay until the gold stops flowing, mercenary!" She laughs, a smile finally cracking her lips.

"I want a drink. Join me?" The tall woman turns and begins to depart, headed over to a stack of ale barrels manned by a lumbering Orc.

[...]

Dwan scoots through the narrow passageways in this ancient tower, following the giggling woman as she toothlessly guides him through old serviceways along and under the scullery.

They often must stop, waiting for someone to pass.

Custer follows in the shadows...

[...]

The Tethyrian man smiles at Emelious, clearly enamoured by his pandering story.

"Been a rough few weeks, honestly. We sacked Esmeltaran a ways back, after joining up with that rampaging ogre Sothis. Thatte warlord...he teleported the whole damn army right to the gates! And then burned the place down atop his dragon. We thought we'd taken all of Amn!"

He laughed, and the others nodded along.

"Plenty of gold and pillaging for us. But Sothis and his men were looking for an artifact. A brass compass, or something. And they were bloody mad when they didn't find it where lord Keisan said it'd be. But Keisan has a honey tongue, and now Sothis is marching on Imnescar. By the time he figures out its not there, we'll be long gone."

He looks at you quizzically, but shrugs.

"I'm sure you know, anyway. We found the compass in a crypt a few days ago. Keisan is up in the tower, has been for days. Trying to figure out our next move. We don't really care, honest truth. As long as the coin keeps flowing, we'll follow. But I'm sure you're in the same boat."

[...]

Dwan slows his walking behind the scraggly whore, as she stops in front of an oaken door.

"Here we are, dearie. This door leads up into the inner sanctum barracks, and to the tower of lord Keisan himself! Does that make you hungry, master dwarf?" She purrs in your ear, caressing your neck gently.

The woman stops, looking at Dwan's red rash.

"What... Is that? A battle wound?"

Custer watches them quizzically from afar...

==============

Exp: +35 each

Cheers fellows, and happy new year!!

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 pm

"Why not? I could use a stout ale after all that travel," replied Kel'Lar. He walked after her and continued to look about the room. How am I supposed to get away to follow Dwan now? He moved to the barrels. "A large ale for my friend and I," he said to the orc. Perception Roll= 3+0= 3; Fail!

Kel'Lar raised his flagon to Weethoua. "To new friends." Maybe this won't turn out so bad... Maybe. He drank deeply and then held it to the orc standing beside them. "I'll take one more." The orc begrudgingly filled the flagon again. Kel'Lar sloshed the warm ale around a bit and then looked at his companions. "If it is all the same to you, I should be checking in with the quartermaster in a few moments," he said. Charisma Roll= 18+2= 20 Kel'Lar looked at Weethoua. "Would you care to join me and the half-elf?" He set the flagon down on the closest barrel and began moving toward Emelious.

"We are going to the quartermaster now. Come with us," he said to Emelious. Kel'Lar looked to Artimus and gave a slight nod.

Actions:

Kellar is trying to convince Weethoua to travel with him and his companions.
Kellar is trying to find a route to Dwan without it appearing like he's trying to find a route to Dwan. He's walking casually...

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 pm

#1 'D20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Does that make you hungry, master dwarf?

Dwan smiles, Aye He gives her a quick pinch.  Dwan drops his pack gently on the floor and starts to rummage through his bag.  

What... Is that? A battle wound?

Dwan moves his neck away from her hand No reason to spread this if  I can help it.

Aye, came across an undead hoarde not to long ago.  Lucky enough to make it out alive, lost a good friend though...  Dwan's hands brush across a tightly wound piece of cloth.  

He starts to speak under his breath in a sing song fashion,  the woman looks at him impatiently until she feels a light breeze brush across her back. (Druidcraft)

Wot?

She turns around just as Dwan unties the package revealing the paralytic mushrooms from the cave. When she turns back to face the Dwarf he slams the plant in her face.

(unarmed strike w/advantage 16+1 17)

As she falls to the ground Dwan guides her down gently and covers her mouth.  

Sorry deary, he says in his more refined way of speaking, I can't have you go alerting the whole place now can I?

He pauses

I've been spending too much time with Custer.

--------------------------------------------

If the paralyzing shroom fully knocks her out Dwan will drag the body to the side of the hall.  If not, he will gag her first before moving her over.  

He grabs the Kraken's fist.  Took care of the woman, you should all be clear to make it to the door. Remember the path is...

====================================
Dwan uses some good ol knock out shrooms on the poor woman and stashes her on the side of the hall.

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 16, 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:24 pm

When he realizes what Dwan has done to the woman with his mushrooms, he steps out of the shadows and comes to aide his friend.  He doesn't speak when Dwan notices him and looks him in the eye.  Custer winks and nods, thinking Well done, Master Dwarf.  Well done.  

He helps Dwan hide her, comfortable in a shadowed cubby along the walls of the hallway.  [Stealth 15+9= 24]

Hearing Dwan's direction, Cuss assists making sure they are clear for the team by reminding Dwan of the path.  He was careful to make sure he memorized the way as he knew his friend had a handful keeping up with his lass.

He cradles the Fist in his hand and thinks to Osvald Hale,  "How does it look out there, Lord Hale?  Has the camp stirred over the forge and portals?"

Cuss helps Dwan and ask Osvald if the army camped outside is going nuts yet.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:24 pm

'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:25 pm

[Forgot advantage, sorry.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:25 pm

'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:53 pm

"Been a rough few weeks, honestly. We sacked Esmeltaran a ways back, after joining up with that rampaging ogre Sothis. Thatte warlord...he teleported the whole damn army right to the gates! And then burned the place down atop his dragon. We thought we'd taken all of Amn!"

Esmeltaran. Custer might be interested in hearing more if there is time.

"Plenty of gold and pillaging for us. But Sothis and his men were looking for an artifact. A brass compass, or something. And they were bloody mad when they didn't find it where lord Keisan said it'd be. But Keisan has a honey tongue, and now Sothis is marching on Imnescar. By the time he figures out it's not there, we'll be long gone.”

Imnescar… they need to be warned.

"I'm sure you know, anyway. We found the compass in a crypt a few days ago. Keisan is up in the tower, has been for days.”

Gotcha.

“Trying to figure out our next move. We don't really care, honest truth. As long as the coin keeps flowing, we'll follow. But I'm sure you're in the same boat."

Hmm…
“How much are they paying you anyway? Few gold a week? I’m actually looking for a few men. Pay is good. 35 gold a week. 5 gold a day.”

Keller approached.

"We are going to the quartermaster now. Come with us.”

“Well, seems like my time of putting things off is at an end,” Emelious drops a sack of coins on the table, “If you’re interested, the week is there for you all. If not, consider it my appreciation for a good game of dice. If you’ll excuse me.”

Hopefully that will pay off in the future. You never know when a wildcard will come in handy.

Emelious followed Kellar into a back passage before grabbing his kraken’s fist. “An army marches on Imnescar. Do what you can.” The message sent out to the captain's of the Tempest Rider and the Cutlass. With any luck one of them would be in the area. Then he altered his focus onto his companions, "Good news: the compass is in Keisan's tower. Bad news: Keisan probably is too."

Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/41Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0/5Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:43 pm

Dwan watches as momentary terror leaves the fallen whore's eyes. She falls to the ground in a heap, her chest nearly motionless in the mushrooms paralytic embrace.

She would not have good dreams.

A few feet away, Dwan stuffs her into a chamber filled with old cloths, canvass tarps, and linen.

[...]

Weethoua looks at Kellar, as she takes a big swig from a pint of ale.

"I don't think so, Kel'lar. You seem like a half-honourable mercenary. Still, I haven't lived this long, an Angoorian woman, to make friends or trust easily. Perhaps we will see each other again."

She smiles at him, her hardened face softening. Then, Weethoua turns round and walks away...

[...]

The men look up at Emelious, mouths agape. "For what work, sir?" Says one of them, as they all scramble to collect some of the gold.

Soon after, Kellar, Emelious and Artimus disappear off in the direction of Dwans passage...

[...]

The sounds of the barracks hall fade behind you, and after a few minutes of navigating the old passageways in this tunnel, you find yourselves reunited with Dwan and Custer.

Now, standing at the entrance to the inner sanctum, you take account of your surroundings, and the path forward...

==================

Ok lads, as you enter the sanctum you can tell that this is a place of incredible age, and perhaps some mystery.

It seems nigh uninhabited, though given your Intel you're sure that Keisan's lieutenants and dark clerics are lurking around this place somewhere.

Still, the halls are old and cobwebbed, and the polished dark walls hardly reflect any torchlight at all.

The chambers you walk through are lit with magical braziers, glowing with a faded purple light. After walking around quietly for a few moments, you discern a few possible pathways...

A) one of the pathways seems to lead beneath a portcullis, into an area that seems more inhabited. There are regular torches lot as well, and you hear footsteps in the distance...It's possible that this is the section of the tower Keisan has claimed for his lieutenants. You can probably sneak in (will require a stealth check and a wisdom check from each PC)

B) there is a passageway that leads to a great, winding staircase that ascends into the upper reaches of the tower. It seems like this might be a stair that hugs the external wall, allowing passage to the upper levels of the tower. Will need a stealth and a dexterity check from each PC

C) Dwan, investigating another passage, detects the smell of burnt emry and sage, incense burned in ritual worship. Could be that it leads to some shrine to Cyric, or otherwise. Will also need a stealth and a wisdom check from each PC.

Exp: +200 to all for Dwan knocking that chick out with his mushroom tip Wink
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 pm

[Each direction requires two checks, so I will roll two checks and score for each choice.]

A:) stealth 26 (xpert); wisdom 13
B:) stealth 26 (xpert); dexterity 18 (prof)
C:) stealth 26 (xpert); wisdom 13

While Cuss waits with Dwan, he uses the time and quiet hiding place to prepare two vials of poison from his supply.  He laid each in the top of his front belt pouch for safe storage and quick access.  With one arm in a sling, he would need more than his usual share of luck to be useful.  He hoped some prep of supplies would help make up for it.  

When he was ready, he slung his supplies over his back and then drew out Olc.  He stared at the dark wood and dull silver runes, realizing that he'd have a rough time preparing the weapon with one good hand.  He sighed and tucked it back in his belt holster, snapping the leather strap back over the stock of the weapon to hold it in place.

He looked up at Dwan, "Seems me Lady won't make it any easier for us, yeah?  Oiy, I'm tired.  Me thinks it might be a while yet before we can rest.  Once they find out their friends aren't going to be making dinner, Kesian might get spooked."

Once the others have arrived and the party moves out, Cuss draws his rapier, and stalks near Kellar.  He looks up at his friend's face, hoping to measure his mood and weariness.  If Kellar looks down, he will smile then cover his mouth as he tries to stifle a yawn.  

At the door to the inner sanctum, Custer points his rapier at the staircase leading up, and then looks to the others for agreement.

When he looks back to the inner sanctum, he notices the Portcullis. He points at it with his rapier, then sheathes the blade a moment so he can palm his Fist. 'How can we lower that to lock them inside?'

He redraws his rapier after sending the thought out.

Ao, did I hear back from Osvald from my last post?

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 pm

#1 'D20' : 17

#2 'D20' : 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Kellar made his way via Dwan's instructions after he left the main area. Turn here, walk there. Keep walking naturally. You belong here. Orbaugh finally began moving under Kellar's shield. He had been so still while in the main area with all the soldiers and that beholder. Kellar felt Orbaugh stretching and fluttering. The sensation reverberated in his mind. "He wasn't moving because he was exhausted. Sound asleep. I'm glad you did not fall from under my shield," said Kellar as he lifted his shield and Orbaugh dropped to the floor.

Kellar stopped and nodded to Dwan and Custer. He saw the crumpled and bound figure laying on the floor. Not the kind of roll she was looking for I bet. Orbaugh sniffed at her and the air and looked about. There were several choices that could be made. Orbaugh inspected each as if commanded by his Master. "Good work Dwan. I did not have much trouble leaving that place. The beholder was something else," said Kellar. Orbaugh flitted on the floor at the mention of the monstrosity.

Kellar removed his Greataxe and rotated it in his hands. My hands ache. He rolled his shoulders and twisted a bit. Everything aches. He grimaced as he set the head of the Greataxe on the floor. "I'm exhausted. Just have to push through it," he said. Kellar began moving as quietly as he could. The scales crept out from his armor and softly began covering him. (Blade Ward). He felt the scales flutter on his left leg and he looked down. It was Custer. He gave Custer a nod as his visor began closing, leaving four green glowing dots.

Custer pointed out the different paths. Kellar nodded toward the staircase heading up. Orbaugh kept his eyes about their surroundings. Perception Check= 18+4= 22

Actions:
Kellar nods to Path B.

Stealth: 8+6 (prof)= 14; Boo!
Dexterity:  20+3= 23; Like a mountain goat!

Last edited by Kellar on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

#1 'D20' : 3, 18

#2 'D20' : 8

#3 'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Stealth
Dex
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm

The member 'Emelious Storm' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10

#2 'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Three different paths lay before the group. Custer points up the winding stairs with the point of his blade.

There we go. This has to be it.

Emelious draws his rapier and also points it up the stairs.

And then, as if their minds were in sync, the duo gingerly touched tips and stifled a giggle.

---

Stealth (10+4=14)
Dexterity (11+4=15)

Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:44 pm

The tower stair opens up into a yawning, seemingly endless ascent into the open darkness of the unlit turret.

You walk gingerly up the vaulted stone staircase, spiralling up in a dizzying fashion. Your torches sputter and spit, lending a small  pocket of vision to the gargantuan black.

Cobwebs, ancient and unending, guide your journey upward. Dust chokes your chest, as the stones reflect the sound of your boots silently.

Kellar looks upward as the party continues in stealth, the dragoon frowning. He cannot see  an end to the staircase above.

How high?

His thoughts are rudely interrupted as his boot drags across the stone, catching on a jagged pile of refuse. Kellar looks down, seeing a skeletal corpse that has been shattered by his boots, a skull skidding across the stair and headed for the edge into blackness...

Suddenly, Emelious crashes into his back, nearly pushing him over the end himself. Dwan lets out a shout behind them, stubbing his toe against the clerics boot.

[kell and Emelious, bad stealth]

You silence yourselves, listening as if a cessation to the racket might be enough to go unnoticed.

*smash*

The far-off sound of the skull shattering below you sends a subtle wave of noise up the tower turret. And then, another noise...

*swoop*

Custer looks up, his heart fluttering as he watches two enormous, cloak-like shapes swooping down toward you! They look like enormous bat-wings, with hideous maws and bristling claws reaching out from beneath their billowing mass!

**whoosh***

Almost silently, they descend upon you- a barbed, whiplike tail striking out from behind it..

And then at once, they extend themselves to reveal horrible, tiny eyes- and an enormous, gaping mouth. A low moan utters gutturally from within their bellows!

=============••••••

Ok guys! You've got company!

The stairs are about ten feet wide, so I don't need dex checks for anyone yet...

The bellowing moan is horrible though!!! Make a DC 13 wisdom save or you are frightened until the next round. And if you're frightened, make a dex check....

Up in the lair!

Exp:+25
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 pm

Kellar had walked along the stairway, looking out into the darkness. After a while, his thoughts drifted toward Andrianna. She must be doing well. At least I hope she is. Her partner should be keeping her alive, not that she needed the help. The small crunch of soft bone under his boot startled him. Emelious did not see that he stopped and walked into him. That was all that was needed. The bones fell from the spiral stairway and crashed on the floor down below. The screech and yaw that pierced the air startled the dragoon. What in hells can move so quietly?!? Wisdom Save= 2+1= 3; Fail! I am dead if I stay here! It is too narrow! Orbaugh, RUN!

Kellar pushed his way up as fast as he could. His footing betrayed his large frame as he attempted to ascend... Dexterity Check= 1+3= 4; Fail!

"Run, you fools!"

Actions:

Failed Wis & Dex Saves.
Ignore attack and damage rolls.
Run!

Last edited by Kellar on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 pm

#1 'D20' : 2

#2 'D20' : 1

#3 'D20' : 4

#4 'D12' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Emelious ascended the stairs, following close behind Kellar.

Up and up they went. The Half-Elf peered down into the darkness. How high up are we?

Crash.

The cleric ran into a wall of steel, his shield bashing into Kellar's back.

"Ow!" The dwarf lets out an indignant shout as he stubs his toe on Emelious' boot.

The party freezes. Maybe they didn't hear.

SMASH.

Something hit the bottom of the tower. Emelious winced. Okay, no more sounds.

Swoop.

Oh, come on.

Two leathery-winged figures swooped down at them. They looked like...

[Nature Check: 19+0=19=Success?]

A wave of terror swept over the cleric.

[Wisdom Save: 8+6=14]

No. The fear melted away. The will of Valkur bolstering his follower's courage.

"Run!" Kellar turned to head down the stairs, but in his haste lost his balance and began teetering off the edge. Emelious instinctively reached out for him.

[Athletics Check: 19+4=23=Success?]

The slight half-elf strained and barely managed to guide the warrior's armored bulk back to safety.

Emelious returned his attention to the descending hostiles. He knew exactly what they were...

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 pm

'D20' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:50 pm

[Brave Wisdom save, +1]

[Dex save or melee attack, +6]

Hearing the rattle of bones and armor, Cuss turns around to glare at his friends. As he does so, Crash! Cuss winces.

"Keep it up an they'll know we're coming for sure, yeah?"

As he speaks he catches movement out of the corner of his eye. When he turns to see dark leathery wings flapping open to glide down upon the group, he pivots to set his feet. He'd catch this dragon with the tip of his rapier if it fell upon him.

It didn't. Rather, it flapped hard to hover or softly land on the ledge. That is when Cuss realized there were two of the beast. Their eyes glowed in the low torchlight. It danced off their large sharp teeth as they both opened their mouths. He expected a roar, but they moaned. The display was hideous, and their breath smelled of one thousand dead men.

Cuss cowered...

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:50 pm

#1 'D20' : 10, 2

#2 'D20' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:26 pm

The cloakers rip out from the air, swooping violently as the party swoon's beneath them. The bellow is ear-splitting, Custer's eyes widening as he stumbles forward, feeling his feet fall beneath him!

[Custer, Dex check failed!]
[Kell, Dex check failed!]

[Emelious Athletics check]

Emelious reaches out just in time, grabbing the dragoon by the gauntlet and dragging him to the ground. His armor echoes loudly off the stone, Kellar's leg's half-flailing over the edge...

Custer feels the wind knocked out of him as he lands, dazed, against the edge of the stone staircase. As the cloakers swoop above, he feels the forward inertia of his fall. his broken arm screaming in pain as he stumbles over the edge!

The familiar feeling of falling...Custer reaches out, feeling Kellar's thick chains slipping through his fingers...

[...]

[Dwan, DM rolled (at disadvantage) WIS check - passed]

Dwan's eyes widen as he feels the creature slam into him, the swooping wings enveloping his face as the beast nearly wrests him to the ground. The blow is fierce, stumbling the dwarf as it bites into his flesh. The teeth are brutal, its' slitted red eyes burning into his as the beast wraps itself around him! The razor sharp tail stabs through the air, trying to find purchase in his legs.

[C1 vs. Dwan, bite - hit! tail - miss!]
[Dwan takes 11 damage!]
[Cloaker gets advantage atks vs. Dwan, unless he takes an action and succeeds at a DC 16 Str check]
[Cloaker takes HALF DAMAGE from all attacks while attached to Dwan. Dwan takes THE OTHER HALF!]

Kellar spins his head around, watching as Custer goes skittering off the edge. Suddenly, he feels an enormous weight across his chest, a cloaker landing upon him and crushing down on his armor.

His breath is stolen as the monster's maw bares down upon his shoulder...

[C2 vs. Kellar, bite - hit! tail - miss!]
[Kellar takes 12 damage!]
[Cloaker gets advantage atks vs.Kellar, unless he takes an action and succeeds at a DC 16 Str check]
[Cloaker takes HALF DAMAGE from all attacks while attached to Kellar. Kellar takes THE OTHER HALF!]

The dragoon feels the beast burdening him, its wingspan wrapped around his countenance as it mauls him with his teeth. That barbed tail whips about, Emelious nearly taking it in the face!

========================

Ok lads, rather dire situation here. I believe our captain DeLonde will be posting as of monday...hope so!

CUSTER - I need a dex check, DC 12, for you to grab ahold of Kellar's chain. If you succeed by 15+, you can climb up the chain back onto the platform as a free action. Otherwise, you're dangling there and Kellar will be unable to get up without a STR check of DC 18 (free action, though)

Dwan is currently attached to a cloaker, as is Kellar. See ^^ there for details on what that means.

EXP: +25
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Can't... Too heavy. It's crushing my shoulder...

The golden scales encroached on the maw of the dark monstrosity, softening the damage. (Blade Ward spent, 1/2 DMG)

(Strength Check= 13+8= 21; Success!) (Action used)

Kellar lodged his Lance in between the his chest and the teeth of the monster and leveraged it against himself. The small snap and twinge of the jaw made the creature lurch to the side as Kellar stood back up. "Custer! Grab a hold of the chain," he said. The creature hissed at Kellar, preparing to attack again. (Free Action STR Roll= 14; Fail! (Please make a strong DEX roll Cus!))

"Come here ugly, try that again!"

Last edited by Kellar on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:48 pm

#1 'D20' : 13

#2 'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:09 am

[Dex; +6 prof]

They were too close and hideous to stab or shoot. Must get cover, oiy that's me luck, Custer thinks as he dives away, momentarily forgetting he were on a winding staircase. To his friends, it must have looked as if he jumped over on purpose.

Kellar called out and Cuss tried to grasp for him, but it was too late. His fingers only brushed the surface of the metal chain.

He rotated awkwardly in the air as he accelerated to the hard stone floor below. His broken and slug arm did little to help him rotate to tumble the landing.

This is going to hu...

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:09 am

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:21 pm

No sooner had Emelious pulled Kellar back to safety did he see Cuss stumble on the stairs and careen toward the edge, Emelious bolted toward him, jumping over Kellar’s prone form, but he knew he wouldn’t make it in time. The former sailor instinctively dropped his sword, and like lightning his grapple was in his hands... just as the Halfling went over the edge.

Valkur, guide me!

Emelious, heart thumping and with the sound of leathery wings descending on his friends in his ears, reached the edge and flung the metal hook with all his might after the falling rogue.

Please. PLEASE.

[Ranged Attack: 20 + 7 = 27]

Emelious was pulled hard to the stone stairs, the wind knocked out of him, his face and arms dangling over the edge.

And as he looked down into the dim light of the stairwell, the Half-elf’s eyes followed his rope to its end… where a certain Halfling dangled, the hook threading his armor.

Thank you.

Emelious’ relief quickly returned to desperation; as his arms strained against Custer’s weight, he didn’t know how long he could hold on.

“KELLAR!”

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:21 pm

'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:48 pm

STR Check (14+1 = 15Fail! )

=======================================

Dwan struggles against the jaws of the cloaker, he attempts to get a hand in and pry his way free but the creature latches on tighter.

Frustrated, the dwarf reaches down and grabs the scepter out of his belt loop and prepares himself for the beast to sink it's teeth in further.

======================================
Dwan is unable to break free from the cloaker. He grabs his scepter.

(Ao if Dwan is able to do a total defense action he will)

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:48 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 pm

~Zhe Darknezz may take uz. But not today.~

Artimus winced in horror as he saw the black winged creature silently decend on Kellar and Dwan. He scamped up to Dwan,who reeled from the force of Ashy dark creature's assault.

The Mariner grabbed the powerful span of the creature and reefed with all he could muster- like a Danierian slave pulling at barnacles on the breach of a merchant sloop under the lash of cruel forman. His thick gloved hands dug deeply as he vied for control of the Dwarve's face.

"'Hold on mon ami,  'hold on"

Strength vs Cloaker on dwan

================================

Glad to be back gent's - let's do this.

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 18 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18, 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 am

Emelious stares down into the blackness of the descent, watching as the whites of Custer's eyes fade away...

...and then, *CHINK* - the grappling hook finds purchase around Custer, the halfling swooning as the rope tightens around his body, pulling taught and causing his arm to scream in horrific pain.

But when he opens his eyes, he is no longer falling.

[...]

Val stares out the barred window, looking into the night sky. Hundreds of torches from the camps below burn high into the night, a sprawling sea of brigands and brutes spread out before her, at the foot of these blasted towers...

Behind her, Gimble toils away. The gnome is seated at a small desk, with an ink-stained quill and sixteen rolls of parchment neatly stacked next to him. Books are piled up around the wizard, tottering precariously.

She can scarcely see him in the small library he has assembled about him. He stares blankly into yet another book, finding even fewer answers in this one than the last.

A feeling of discouragement takes the gnome momentarily, the four walls of their tiny cell closing in tighter yet. The grey-brown stone and sparse accommodations are a constant reminder of your imprisonment. Val has lost count of how many hours have passed this day, marked only by the timeliness of their two meals and chamber pots.

It is likely that you'll die here. That much has been made clear, by the gaolers and guards that look into your eyes, scarcely registering your humanity.

Six weeks have passed since your capture, in the hills outside of Imnascar. You spent time interned in camps and locked in wagons, until a cleric of Cyric rifled through Gimble's pack, discovering his detailed notes on artifacts of old and the arcane.

They brought you here, to the 'Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse', where the priests of the mad god have tasked the gnome with uncovering the secrets of the Rod of Creation... a nebulous artifact, largely regarded by those very few in the scholarly world who had heard of it to be a myth.

Allegedly, the overgod of all creation, Ao, had crafted the rod as a gift to his lover many millenia ago. It had the power to create planes of existence, and shatter the realms that gods of Toril called home.

Gimble's research had not been particularly fruitful.

Your thoughts are interrupted by a loud slam. The door to your cell has flung open, scattering tomes and books all about the room. Gimble's scrolls roll about the floor, hours worth of organization reduced to a pile of unintelligible notes.

In the doorway, a tall half-orc clad in resplendant black plate and the tabard of Cyric. His hairless skull is a sickly green pallor, with an enormous pattern of burn-scarring pockmarking his sunken cheeks. Two spiked maces hang at his side, as he walks past the two purple-hooded acolytes that have been tasked with minding the doorway.

It is Rauf The Betrayer, though such named only out of earshot. A former priest of Helm, Rauf was a lieutenant in this army of Cyric. He reports directly to a man you have only heard of referred to as 'Keisan'.

"Gnome, on your feet! Woman, you too!" he shouts gruffly, drawing his maces from their loops.

"Out, and on your way. Quick-like, afore I brain the two of you like a pair of rats!"

He gestures to the doorway with his mace, prodding you out...

[...]

Dwan stumbles backward, the cloaker flapping madly upon the dwarf's frame. It's vicious maw bares down, gnawing headily on the bearded druid while its' tail whips round and round...

He struggles for breath, becoming overwhelmed by the cloaker's size. Suddenly, its' maw opens, snapping again at Dwan's head!
[C1 vs, Dwan - bite -miss! - tail -miss!]

The druid winces as the beast is suddenly pried from his body. He sees the face of Artimus, the mariner, grabbing the enormous cloaker and throwing it off the dwarf!

[Artimus, STR check success]

Kellar looks up, the cloaker floating upward. With renewed vigor, the diabolical creature swoops down, wrapping around the dragoon's body once again!

[C2 vs. Kellar, bite - hit! tail - miss!]
[Kellar takes 11 damage!]
[Cloaker gets advantage atks vs.Kellar, unless he takes an action and succeeds at a DC 16 Str check]
[Cloaker takes HALF DAMAGE from all attacks while attached to Kellar. Kellar takes THE OTHER HALF!]

Emelious looks over from the ground, holding fast to the rope that suspends Custer in mid-air. He watches as Dwan flails about, the cloaker swallowing his face.

[…]

The acolytes prod Gimble and Val forward, forcing them to walk along the torch-lit passageways at swordpoint.

You pass several hallways branching off, rounding a corner into a darkened passage adorned with aging statues that were here long before the current tenants. Righteous imagery of heroes and monsters twist together into tapestries of torment and anxiety. It stretches out for some time, until Rauf stops at a set of double doors. He turns to you, torchlight cast across his face dramatically.

His mouth opens, spittle dribbling from his rotted teeth. It curls into a wicked smile.

“You’re going to learn to fly today, my lady. You an’ the gnome both.”

With one fluid motion, he pushes open the doorway, exposing a platform overlooking vast darkness.

“This is the endless stair.” he says, with a satisfied look on his face. “Your studyin’ has earned you your last day of life, wizard. We’ve no more use for you. May Cyric take your hearts, and grind them into powder.”

Rauf reaches out to grab Val by the shoulder, pulling her towards the edge. He stops, however.

“What…?”

Below you, along the internal wall of the spiralling staircase in the enormous tower turret, you can see torchlight. On the staircase below, perhaps 100 feet, torches flare and the shouts of battle can be heard.

“Acolytes, we’ve guests. With me!” he shouts, pushing Val and Gimble forward. “You lot will go in front. One sidelong move and I’ll cut off yer feet and arms before I throw you down. And I won’t do it with anythin’ sharp.”

==========================

Ok lads (and lass, now I spose!) -

Dwan is flailing about with a cloaker eating his head. Kellar is dealing with the other one.
Emelious is prone, lifting Custer up. I'll say that Custer can take his turn to climb up the hook - Emelious, if you can make a DC 12 DEX (or acrobatics) check, then Ill allow you to take an action this turn.
Artimus is assisting Dwan (looks like he made the check for you - that cloaker is now disengaged from Dwan and can be attacked @ normal damage until it latches on to another PC)

Val and Gimble - you're being ushered down the staircase towards the party at swordpoint, by two acolytes. Rauf is following closely behind. Feel free to roleplay this out, and take whatever actions you deem necessary.

EXP: Think we're gonna go milestone.

-Ao

Last edited by Ao on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 am

Kellar felt the dark monstrosity close in on him again. The familiar sting of teeth sinking into his flesh and armor. "You, did try again," he said as he strained. Orbaugh! Paralyze it, give us some breathing room! Kellar felt the shudder and fear from the pseudodragon as he emerged from under Kellar's shield. Master needs me. I need be brave. Orbaugh saw the monster gnashing Kellar and readied his stinger for the monster's snout. Attack Roll= 11+4= 15 Hit!; Damage= 2+4= 6! (Poison Stinger, needs to make a DC 13 check or immobilized).

Kellar felt Orbaugh scamper across his armor and find the maw of the monster and it's grip loosed enough. He wrenched against the teeth with a gauntleted hand. The scrape against his armor was a relief from the teeth sinking in his flesh. Strength Check= 9+8= 17; Success! Orbaugh had given Kellar the chance to break free.

If the Cloaker is paralyzed, Kellar will wrap a chain around the Cloaker's wings and push it over the side.
If the Cloaker is NOT paralyzed, Kellar will call Orbaugh back and prepare to attack the Cloaker.

"Custer! Emelious!"

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 am

#1 'D20' : 11

#2 'D4' : 2

#3 'D20' : 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Emelious Storm Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:15 am

[Acrobatics: 4 + 7 = 11 = Fail ]

Emelious heaved and strained, trying to get himself in a better position, but his awkward positioning and the weight of his catch hindered the Half-Elf’s ability to maneuver.

“Just hang on, Custer,” Emelious paused for a moment before adding, “Sorry, that wasn’t very helpful.”

[Passive Perception: 16]

The Cleric’s ear twitched. Voices coming from above. Emelious managed to turn his head enough to see. A gnome male and a woman, human by the looks of it, though there was something familiar about her that Emelious couldn’t quite place. Pressing them forward were two purple robed acolytes, and behind them a menacing half-orc in black plate.

[Deception: 4 + 6 = 10 = : D?]

“Well? Help us! We have urgent word for Keigan! Er- Kei-man? ...Kevin? You know, the K-man.”

Last edited by Emelious Storm on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:15 am

#1 'D20' : 4

#2 'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:02 am

...rt.  As he finished the thought, he felt the cool kiss of metal touch his skin around his waist.  He instinctively tries to grab at the feeling with his broken arm.  The splintered bone grinding against his muscle as it strained.  His vision blurred white from the pain just as the rope at the end of the hook pulled taught against his body and spun him wildly against the side of the tower with a dull, painful, thud.  

Cuss vomits, AERRRRUUUUCK!

When his retching stopped, he heard Emelious, "Wasn't very helpful."  He tries to reply, but he didn't have enough breath left and his mouth moved silently.

He could hear Kellar, "Custer!  Emelious!"

Straining, he sucks in as much air as he can and cries out, "aahhh Live!"

He grasped and pulled at the rope with his one good hand, struggling to climb.  One futile heave was all it took to convince him that ascent would be too slow, if it were even possible.  He glanced left and right, just catching a glimpse of the winding stair.

I can swing for it, He thinks as he plants his feet against the wall and starts to run away from the stairs, then kick back and push at the wall to swing for them.  He cries out, "Doan let go, yeah?"

[Acrobatics to get to the stairs a little lower than the party, to avoid climbing and the time required. Rolling twice for possible disadvantage.]  +3
SUCCESS!

He huffed as his body slipped across the worn stone of the stair to flop against the wall.  He spins to get his feet beneath him, then cries out again, "Let go!"

With his good arm, Cuss grabs for the amulet of Waukeen hanging from his neck chain of charms.  In his haste to start climbing the stairs back to his friends, he clutches both it and the Fist as he thinks (to all), 'Thank you, my Lady of Luck and my love.  Without the two of you, I'd have died a hundred times over by now.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is because you don't want my company in the City of Gold.'  

In his own mind, he hears the voice of Agata say, 'Don't say such cruel words.  You know well all I do from here is watch you there and count the moons.'  

'Seven,' he thinks back in reply, and to anyone else wearing a Kraken's Fist.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next