Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread

4 posters

Go down

Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread

Post  Ao Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am

Well met, Dwan Bolduum!

Please check in with me in this thread, so we can get you started with RoL. We have a few last minute details to process before you can get into posting rotation.

Also, please head over to the MUSTER THREAD and introduce yourself!

Cheers
-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue1/1Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty Re: Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread

Post  Dwan Bolduum Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello and thank you for having me.

Sorry about the slight delay But I am here to check in.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue57/57Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue6/6Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty Re: Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread

Post  Kellar Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Welcome, Dwan!
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue49/49Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue6/6Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 am

Welcome, Dwan! Very glad to have you. Your backstory was fantastic, and Im eager to toss you in to the storyline.

A few things, housekeeping;

1) we post every day except for Saturday, before 3 pm EST. I make my post at 3 (though sometimes later, depending on my work day). Be certain you can make most post rotations, although certainly if something comes up we'll understand.

2) sometimes, in role playing heavy moments, PCs will post more than once. You're not required to in order to get your daily xp bonus. Once is enough. But certainly, it's nice if you can post as much as possible.

3) the chat on the right side is an active part of our site. In fact, it's basically our vessel for OOC or 'table talk', where the group discusses strategy and generally shoots the breeze. Being part of those conversations will make the game much more enjoyable for you, so jump in whenever you can.

Alright! In terms of character sheet generation, I know you're Cuss's IRL friend so I'm sure he can help you with setting up your char sheet on the site. Also, he'll be able to quickly describe 'The Lair', and how our combat posts work... Though you can read about it on your own in 'Hangmans Post'

So, the most pressing question is: how do you meet the group?

They stand in the ruins of Esmeltaran currently, in eastern Amn. Respond in this thread how you think you'd like to meet the party. It's totally up to you. Also, I'm sure our friendly PCs will go along with whatever you decide.

Stay tuned to this post. I'll be asking you some backstory-specific questions in the near future that I need for the story.

Welcome, Dwan! Great to have you!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue1/1Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Level 4. And the cool kids all use standard array. Rolling stats is for the birds. Razz

But in all honesty, it wasn't dictated. So if you want to throw dice to try and load up 3 18s, I'll probably be the only one raising an eyebrow!
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue49/49Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:00 am

I am just finishing up my character sheet.  Dwan is a hill dwarf Druid who follows the circle of the Moon.  Since he has spent a lot of time in the Chondalwood I think it would be acceptable for him to know most of the common woodland animals. Let me know if you want me to write up a list for approval. 

The moon shines bright in the sky over the Chondalwood, a gray wolf enters a clearing blood matting down the fur on his right right side ."The end of another long hunt," Dwan thinks as he shifts back to his natural form. He grabs his side, expecting to feel the gash left by the poachers arrow, and he finds smooth skin. "still need to get used to that," he laughs.

Dwan walks to his grove, taking care to avoid the saplings he planted last summer.   Dwan concentrates for a moment and generates an orb to scry the weather for the night. "Clear again," Dwan thinks as he sets up his bedroll in the middle of the grove.  The moonlight grows brighter as it washes over Dwan he finds himself quickly engulfed in warmth and sleep compels him.

Dwan finds himself looking at the whole of Faerun, he is able to feel the ebb and flow of nature; strong in the wilds and weaker where civilization has taken its hold. Dwan knows the way the world is, civilization doesn't concern him. What worries Dwan are the areas of emptiness of the growing darkness that he senses.  

"Dwan," he  both feels and hears in a disembodied voice, "can you feel it? Can you see the darkness growing and threatening all that is natural and good in the world?" 

"Yes.  What is it?"

"Destruction, aberrations, evil."  As the voice emphasizes  the last syllable a darkness is snuffed out and a pure natural light emanates from it. "Even now, the other gods gather champions for this battle, and a battle has just been won by good to restore an aspect of Mielikki. We have caught Evil off guard once yet my vision shows that they are gathering power and sending their own champion to destroy the town of Esmeltaran.  This attack threatens to break our champions.  I need you, Dwan, to go to them in their time of need and join them on their quest. You shall be my champion in this fight, you will fight to restore the natural balance in Faerun."

"Who are you?" Dwan asks.  He is answered by the intensifying glowing light of the moon.

Just as he is blinded, Dwan awakes in the grove. It is dark. Dwan looks up to find that all of the saplings have grown as if they had aged 500 years. Disoriented, Dwan inspects the surrounding area and finds that the rest of the forest seems unaffected. Dwan knows that only a few hours have past, but he feels completely rested... And determined. 

Dwan gathers his gear, some rations, and the mace his father gave him. Dwan can feel the change in his grove, he can feel that it now has celestial protection and that it can thrive without his care-taking.  He takes the time to pray to Selûne for her protection on this journey. 

Dwan settles his pack on his shoulders and fits his mace on his belt loop. "Guide my way, Lady of Silver," he says as his gear becomes engulfed by his wolf form. "Let us hope that I'm not too late."
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Left_bar_bleue57/57Dwan Bolduum - Hill Dwarf Druid > Circle of the Moon: Intro Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:35 am

That's awesome, Dwan! Awesome narrative candy.

I'll introduce you to the party today, if you're ready. Let me know, and I'll include you in today's post.

Cheers

Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Alright, I just updated my character's info in my character sheet.

I still need to compile my 7 druid spells. But other than that I should be all set to join in. If you so choose to have me in animal form I am alright expending one of my uses of this spell.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Roger that!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Ok Dwan! Got a few background, flavor questions for you. At any time, you can say PASS to a question, if you dont think it fits your character.

1) More than anything, Dwan wants....

2) That one incident with the Troll...what happened, and what did it do to you?

3) That friend of yours, that deserted the Gold Army. What was his name? And, what happened?

4) You found a map. A map to an unknown location. Where in the Realms does it lead to? And where did you find it? Does Dwan want to go there? Or..not?

5) What is it again, that Dwan has a horrible phobia of?

6) While in the service of the Gold Army, you saved the life of a humanoid or beast that your sergeant had marked as evil, and instructed you to kill. What stopped you? What was its' name?
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:49 am

1) More than anything, Dwan wants....
Short Term: Dwan wants to see dinosaurs. He has heard stories of these creatures and how few there are in nature. He would like to behold one with his own eyes.

Long term: Dwan wants to transform a location that has been battle scarred or desolated into a sanctuary.  His grove in the Chondalwood was advanced by Selune but this was already a place that had much growth. Dwan wants to change the land, plant growth, and become the protector of this area re-claimed by nature.

2) That one incident with the Troll...what happened, and what did it do to you?

3) That friend of yours, that deserted the Gold Army. What was his name? And, what happened?

4) You found a map. A map to an unknown location. Where in the Realms does it lead to? And where did you find it? Does Dwan want to go there? Or..not?

5) What is it again, that Dwan has a horrible phobia of?

6) While in the service of the Gold Army, you saved the life of a humanoid or beast that your sergeant had marked as evil, and instructed you to kill. What stopped you? What was its' name?

Using story from campaign

The Army of Gold has been fighting for far too long. Years and years of battles and fighting, its almost tiring. Do you know I come from a family that is known for their military leadership? Bolduums are not known for honest labor like forging or mining, we're known for killing, Dwan raises and clenches a fist and makes an overly macho face. that's all the history books will remember us for, he says as his face returns to normal.

Don't let the difference in the size of our forces deter you, I can tell you've seen your fair share of battle and blood. There is no renown that the Army has that your clan has not earned. We fight for a home so old that even the elders do not recall seeing the halls, but I envy you dragon hunters, your deeds keep the people safe.

I was a lieutenant in the Army, more granted through right of birth than through my deeds. There were about two dozen of us in my squad, some I have known since childhood, they were like family. Anyway, we had been assigned a rescue mission, one of our head tacticians had been captured in a battle previous and we were one of several groups that were to get him back from the duegar before they could torture any information out of him. So we were able to find a few abandoned tunnel entrances above ground and we made a round about trip to the duergar camp. We were able to take out the guards and get a small team to infiltrate the camp, my friend Galus and I were able to locate our man, the two of us took down the six duergar assigned to guard him and we were able to hand him off to one of the other groups in our squad. It was up to Galus and I to make a distraction.

Galus had brought a few explosives and we had wired their stash of rum. The explosion was much larger than we thought. Makes our stunt with the Pistoles look like a tinker's trick. Dwan laughs It had singed our beards and knocked us both straight on our asses, and gave the rest of the group time to escape. We both woke covered in mud, and ash near a campfire on the outskirts of camp. A pair of duegar had taken us in and bandaged our wounds, looking at Galus I could see the confusion, covered in black we looked just like them. A big grin formed on Dwan's face. We were scared shitless! Galus and I were in no way shape or form actors we just froze up and acted like asses. It took two weeks before one of the idiots caught on and tried to gut us in our sleep. The other though, Drugel I think his name was, he saved us. Shot the bastard as he snuck over to our bedrolls. Drugel then led us out of camp and back up to the light of day. We parted ways on the surface and when we asked him why he did it, he said he needed some fresh air. The son of a bitch said he had never run into Dwarves that had smelled as bad as us. Dwan's laughter cut across the ship. He was right though, we didn't bathe once while we were with the duergar.

======================================
I'm going to go through these one by one. So I'll update when I get the chance.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down