Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+5
Shorjahl
Forgeless Kilik
Osvald Hale
Kellar
Ao
9 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:38 am

"I'm sure the Harper's left Bashful Esmelda's after Adrianna got a good look at the establishment.  The only women inside are whores and wenches.  The patrons are men looking for the kind of company they can only get from women when they have the coin to pay for it.  We may can stay at Badger's Borrow tonight at no cost, but I'd like to wait here for a bit to see if Rosalyn shows up first.  I'd rather know what kind of welcoming to expect there before walking you up the hill.  I think talking to my father is the best course, but if it is to be Esmelda's, then I may need some help.  I, uh, spent all my gold.  What with our rooms already paid for at the time and it being best not to carry jingling coins in the streets and all."

Custer pushes his cloak back to show off his new studded leather armor.  It was black as midnight, but glistened new in the torchlight of the stables.  The armor was a set of several matching components well fitted to Custer's form.  All of them were set with hundreds of tiny steel rivets painted black to match.  As nice as the suit was, however, it was very plain in shape.  The shoulders did not flare to points.  There were no symbols pressed into the leather.  There were no frivolous spikes or embroidering.  Custer felt all of the flashy detail so many others ask for only serve to snag branches, tear his old faded black cloak, or attract unwanted attention.

Custer reaches to his belt where on either side two dark wooden handles protrude from new custom fitted pouches.  He pulls one free to reveal a finely crafted one handed crossbow.  The limbs fold flush against the barrel.  Custer pulls the stirrup, and it moves along the barrel as the limbs spread the snap firmly into place on the riser.  Custer holds up his left arm to reveal several bolts snapped to the underside of his bracer, a special touch from Al Capella at Donal's request.  Custer then tried to slide one into the flight groove of the crossbow, but it tumbled to the dirt and left him looking down at it in disappointment.  "Eh, I need some practice with them yet.  My last pair were rather plain."  He said as he bent over to retrieve it and snap it back onto the underside of his bracer.  He then twist the stirrup of the crossbow, and pulls it back down the barrel, releasing the limbs to stow, and returns it to its pouch on his belt.  He then turns his attention back to the street in front of the Sands.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:22 pm

"Going and speaking with the Harpers won't preclude us from speaking with your father, Cuss. Let's see what bridges we can mend before we start getting into potentially deeper trouble."

With that, Shorjahl would lead the party to the last known location of the Harpers.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 pm

The fellowship leads off from the Golden Sands, twilight settling upon Esmeltaran.

As you depart from the quiet cobbled street that the Sands was on, back into the marketplace, a cold breeze begins to blow through the streets. Reflexively, you draw your coat up around you.

Winter will be coming soon.

Three halflings pulling a heavy merchant cart trundle past you, while a glowering half-orc moves out of the way, an armful of copper bars.

It seems that business is done for the day. Most of the trade booths and stands are closed for the evening, and the crowds seem to be filtering toward the burroughs or the taverns.

Custer notices a bulky human staring at him from out of an alleyway, but he disappears into the crowd in an instant, and the rogue cannot tell if his wayward glance was anything more than just that.

[…]

Esmelda’s is crammed between two leaning apartment buildings, both of which appear to have sizeable holes in their roofs.

As you approach on horseback, there is very little in the way of hitching post that suggests any of its patrons are horse owners.

A grunting hunchback, whom Custer vaguely recognizes as Horace, approaches you.

“Ehh, hallo!”

He looks up at Custer, grinning.

“Thickett! Back for the girls. Ehhhhhhehehe. You never stay long, ha.”

Horace grabs your horses reins, presumably bringing them around the back of the building.

“No charge, no charge.”

You approach the very narrow doorway of Esmelda’s, as a very drunk, very fat man stumbles out and stares you in the face. His breath stinks of alcohol and garbage, and he mutters something unintelligible as he nearly tumbles down the stairs.

“Aghhhh, donnneat the mutton. Ripoff.”

He vomits in the street, and shuffles off into the darkened alley.

[…]

Esmelda’s is very dimly lit, as you might expect. The smell of perfume and incense assaults your nose amidst the bustling whorehouse, where half-dressed women of questionable race and origin bustle around serving privacy-seeking patrons.

The floor sticks under your feet, and the air is hot and thick with breath and candlelight.

Nearly every moment, you hear a forced giggle or squeak from one of the dozen girls walking about, staring flirtatiously at the nearly universally hideous patrons.

“Fancy a table, m’lords?” the sweet voice of a plump, middle-aged woman with bright orange hair fills your ears. She saunters over, smiling through a face full of freckles. Her cream-colored dress is less revealing, though not completely without sin.

Custer recognizes her as Esmelda. And when she catches sight of you, she smiles.

“Lord Thickett! By Waukeen’s Grace. What brings ye back here, eh? Where’s that filly you were scampin about with?”

=========

EXP: +20 to all
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Shorjahl, rather taller than the common man, dwarf, and hin, looks over the establishment for any sign of Geld or Adrianna.

---------------

If there's no visible sign of them, Shorjahl will wait for someone to ask about them.

--------------

If after a bit nobody asks, Shorjahl will. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a post.

--------------

Perception 12

Last edited by Shorjahl on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:09 pm

I'm afraid he traded his fine filly for a cranky ol' dwarf. Kilik said as he laid a hand on Cuss' shoulder. But don' ye be holdin' that bad bargain against 'im.

I be lookin' for a place to shake some road dust from me tired feet, an' meet some friends - a surly lass an' a gnomish fella. Be they about? An' I wouldna object to a sturdy mug o' the house's finest while ye think on it.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:35 am

Custer smiles down at the hunchback, "Never had much need to stay long."  Custer dismounts and hands Horace his reins.  "Thank you for tending to the animals, Horace.  Take care we get them all back and we'll see ya rewarded."  As Horace heads around the building and the party turns for the door, Custer tugs at Osvald and says, "One of us might need be seeing where that one is taking the horses.  Just to be sure."

Custer then calls up to Shorjahl and Kilik as they make their way around a drunk patron babbling on about mutton.  "If they in there, best I sit afar or outside while yous do the talkin."  Behind him, a drunk man vomits.  "I couldn't even buy Adrianna a smile right now."  Custer continues to mumble to nobody in particular until Esmedla approaches him inside.  

Custer squeezes Kilik's hand on his shoulder with his own.  The dwarf's attempt to comfort him felt genuine, and that did serve to ease Cuss's nerves some.  Since meeting, Kilik had not been very forthright with small talk as had some of the others.  It did not trouble Custer until after the night he woke up from a nightmare to see Kilik starring at him from over the campfire.  Kilik's silence that night was most likely a measure of respect in Dwarven culture, but Custer was use to people that talked about this, that, and nothing at all.  The silence bothered him.  When Custer told the team about Agata, however, Custer saw understanding in Kilik's eyes that could only come from an experience of love lost.  Mayhaps they would become friends after-all.  

"This one knocked me off my feet.  He may not look like much, but it was a trade up, Esmelda, I promise ya that."  Custer struggled to keep his smile.

Custer will make small talk with Esmelda and claim a table while the others talk to Adrianna and Geld.  He'd like to talk to her about this, that, and nothing at all.  Once comfortable, he will try to ask her about recent happenings in town, specifically asking about rumors on power struggles or disagreements between the families and guilds.  He'd also like to ask her if she's heard of these "Cyricist" folk.

He will step outside to check on the horses if Osvald came inside.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Osvald nods to cuss an will follow the man around back to see where their mounts are stabled before returning inside and joining kilik for a flagon of ale
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Kellar followed the group into the house of ladies, fully aware of what such places provided for entertainment.

There's certainly ladies here, he commented as he looked around. I'll take an ale and a bit of food, not much else, he said.

Kellar sat at a table and propped his pack on his lap and removed a game tin. Inside there was a deck of cards and several odd shaped dice. He sat it next to his drink and opened the lid. Let's see if anyone is interested in a game of Kill the Court.

Actions:

Kellar will sit at a table with the group that's talking with Geld and Adrianna. Cus is off talking with Esmelda.

If someone happens to see Kell arms game tin open, that's an open invite to note that a game is available for play.

Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:31 pm

A scruffy looking tiefling with a cracked horn brushes by you, blowing smoke in your face.

A young, topless server smiles at Kilik, walking away to grab a pint of ale as Esmelda looks down questioningly at the dwarf and Custer.

“Well that is curious!” she says, in her breathiest voice.

She moves to speak again, but a half-orc in the back of the bar has grabbed at the topless server from out of a dark corner, and she squeals in surprise, dropping the tankard of ale to the ground.

It smashes into a thousand pieces.

“For the love of the Gods, Furnilda!” shouts Esmelda, turning around in anger. She puts her arms on her hips, scolding the girl from across the room.

Furnilda looks like she is about to cry, but she doesn’t have much time to contemplate her emotional state before busying herself with dodging the half-orcs persistent affections.

Esmelda turns back around, rolling her eyes.

“So hard to find good help in these parts. Your father knows all about that, I’m sure Custer. It’s especially hard to find a girl with a nice pair of teats and a brain in her head. Not like it used to be.”

She clears her throat.

“Anyhow. That drow K’Tesh was in here not a half hour ago asking for the same two individuals. I told him the same I’ll tell you. They came in for ten minutes, ordered a drink, and then left without barely sipping the foam. Waukeen knows that Hogsbud ale isn’t the finest in the Realms, but some folk are so wasteful…”

She sighs.

“Anyhow, you missed them. They went north, on Sumner street.  Down where all those fruit carts are. Told the same to K’Tesh. And if you see him, mind you, let him know he still owes me thirty silver for the pipeweed I sold him.”

She flips the hair out of her face.

“Anyhow, will you lot be staying? You’re crowding the doorway.”

================
Ok guys, if you're going to go after the Harpers then please let me know how you intend to go about searching for them in Esmeltaran, and make certain you make a relevant roll. (And if its "perception", make damn sure you let me know why. lol.)

EXP: +20 to all
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Shorjahl grits his teeth, then looks hard at Custer. "Think of the fastest way to get us there, now!"

The arcanist looks fervently around the room for his companions, then shouts, magically amplifying his voice and causing his face and bracer to glow and chime obviously, "Companions, we must make haste! Come!" He looks menacingly at anyone who stands in his way, and hurriedly ushers his comrades out the front door as quickly as possible. He looks to Esmelda, "Thank you kindly madame," his voice kind but his look glowering.

Shorjahl will try to quickly get a vantage point, either on his horse, a nearby bannister, a handrail, a cart, anything that he can quickly leap atop of and look out North toward where Esmelda said the Harpers and the Assassin went. He views the city, its many streets and alleys, and thinks of the quickest and most efficient path that he can.

---------------------------

Thinking Investigate and Intelligence, Sherlock style yo

Investigate: 15
Intelligence: 19

Last edited by Shorjahl on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:46 pm

'D20' : 10, 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:05 pm

So much for a quick game, Keller muttered. He drank quickly and took a quick bite before leaving money on the table and dropping a tear of lamb into Orbaugh's mouth.

Let's move, he said as he grabbed his gear and headed out the door after Shorjahl.

Hmm, this direction, questioned Kellar as he looked down the street. Perception Roll=2+1= 3 After a short time of looking and an obvious look of actually being lost in the city...

If Cus comes outside with Shorjahl and Kellar...
Little one, perhaps you should take lead here, Kellar said.

If Cus is still inside...
What do you think Shorjahl, I'm not seeing much to really set my bearings, saidKellar.

Last edited by Kellar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My rowlz r terwible!!! ; ; + grammarz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:05 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Custer looks in Esmelda's eyes and conveys an expression of gratitude, then tilts his head in Shorjahl's direction and rolls his eyes as he starts walking backwards through the door.  "Thank ya, Esmelda.  I'll be sure an let em know.  Be seeing ya again soon, I'm sure."  Custer then turns and hurries after Shorjahl.  

Custer looks up at the mage as the man peers up the street, "Before you go getting all in a panic, just think about this.  Why would that crazed, cursed Elf chase after them before a taking care of me after that little scuffle at the Sands, eh?  This is the best lead we've had all day, the way I see it."

Custer looks Kellar's way.  "Eh, me thinks it better if Shorjy here leads the chase."  Custer points up,  "The view's got to be better up there."  Custer will then engage Shorjahl in a quick question and answer exchange to help the human execute a plan.  

===

Custer is going to poke Shojhal with questions about where he thinks Geld and ANdrianna would head this time of night, and offer his knowledge of what locations and intersections are in the general direction Esmelda said they traveled.  Custer doesn't have a great skill to roll for this sort of thing, so I'm going to help Shojhal roll with advantage, Watson style.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Shorjahl frowns down at Cuss, "Either way, it's not good news. Either the assassin is in league with these alleged Harpers, or he means to track them down. In my limited experience with assassins, they don't just track people for fun, especially after a fight." Shorjahl ponders for a moment, then says, "Adrianna though did have that tattoo on her arm. I'd be interested in finding them all together, and observe. I just don't hope we're late, or that I'm wrong..."

Shorjahl would banter back and forth with Cuss in order to determine the most logical trail. He intended to discuss with Cuss what other establishments two folk would likely stay at, along this street, that is "nicer" than the brothel they just left. Upon coming to that conclusion, he would do everything he could to eliminate possible offshoots, alleys, or conjoining streets so as to stay focused on a single path.

Once that path was determined, the arcanist would begin pursuing it quickly, trying to physically look for clues (with the Investigate) about if the Harpers had passed, including asking passersby or seeing if there was any kind of telltale things about them he could notice (a particular pair of footprints in some mud or something).

-----------------

Rolling again to reflect Advantage, will post most up to date / winning rolls here

Investigate: 24
Intelligence: 19

Last edited by Shorjahl on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:36 pm

'D20' : 16, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:50 pm

"Aye, that's a solid plan." Wish I'd thought of that back at the Sands.

In between questions and answers, Custer turns to Kellar and points at Orbaugh. "Can he fly?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Y'know, I'd been meaning to get the Master Dwarf's aid in repairing Orbaugh's wings. They don't appear to be 100% yet, responded Kellar.

What with all the travel and not much time other than teaching Orbaugh a few things, his flight wasn't the most pressing thing to worry about sadly, he continued.

Don't worry Orbaugh, we'll fix your wings soon enough, you'll be able to fly again, he said with his mind, while scratching under Orbaugh's chin.

Actions:

Added a d10 roll to determine how long it's be yet until Orbaugh's wings heal naturally (if that's possible? Let me know AO). 9 days sound about right?

Last edited by Kellar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 pm

'D10' : 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Osvald had just put his hand to his mouth to whistle a barmaid over when Shorjalhs voice boomed across the tavern.

"Looks like the drink must wait awhile longer. Come, Kilik. Let's see who's trying to kill us now!" He said, laughing wearily.

Osvald forces his way through the throng of drunken revellers out into the cool night air. From Shorjahl and Cuss' conversation and the wizard on his perch he quickly realizes what is happening.

"A proper man hu--elf hunt, superb. Let's leave the horses here, they'll be a hinderance if we have to duck inside somewhere."

The ranger glances up at the looming buildings around them as Custer asks about Orbaugh.

"Wait, Shorjahl! Can you levitate you and Cuss to the rooftops? Kilik, Kellar, and I can take the streets. We stand better chance to get the drop on the situation if we split up."

The ranger tightens his travel slackened gear, ready to take off running after their prey, invigorated by the thrill of the hunt.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Custer turns to Osvald, "But, wouldn't we be faster on horseback?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Argh, what's a dwarf need to do to get a quiet pint in this godsforsaken town? he grimaced theatrically at Osvald.

He touched a his right hand reverently to his forehead and prayed quietly. Marthammor, we be strangers here an' in need. Some road friends o' ours be about to have a bad turn done 'em unless we can find 'em right quick. Please, holy one, help us find the way.

Kilik looks up at the sky, trying to get his bearings in the tangled streets of the city.

He pointed a thick finger off to their left. That way should get us closer!

------------------------
Actions: North, on Summer Street, toward the fruit carts it is.

Survival (to find direction) + Guidance: 20

Also, an FYI: I'm on a plane tomorrow and might not be able to post. Just a heads up.

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter Two - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter Two - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 pm

The member 'Forgeless Kilik' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 pm

The fellowship takes off into the streets, making haste along the crowded alleyways of central Esmeltaran.

[Shorjahl, Investigate check]

The wizard leads the charge, moving the fellowship along the cobbled stonework and weaving in between the trundling fruit carts rumbling down Sumner street.

“Bah, no idea.” responds a slack-jawed, turban-clan human who ignores Shorjahl’s questions about Geld, Andrianna and K’Tesh.

“Ah, I seen em.” shouts a halfling, sitting atop a stalled cart. One of its wheels is broken, and a stout dwarf is taking his time repairing it.

The halfling jumps down, pointing towards a fork in the road ahead.

“They went leftward. Asked me ‘bout a proper Inn to stay in. Told em there was no better place than Trevigne’s up on the Lentway shelf up there.”

When questioned about the drow, he shrugs.

“Eh, K’Tesh. Yeah I saw him walk by here. He’s known in these parts. Works under those Shadow Thieves. We all know. Don’t know which way ‘e went…maybe up that way as well, though.”

He scratches his head.

“Yeah, I think I saw him head that way.”

[…]

[Kilik, Survival check]

As Shorjahl blazes a trail, Kilik keeps a close eye on the alleyways and branching routes from their location. The dwarf looks up into the sky, the familiar dawning constellations orienting him to a northward course.

Ahead, on a small hill, you can see a wide oaken sign that reads “Travignes” in elaborate lettering. As you proceed towards it, something catches the dwarfs eye from the shadows.

Down a side alley, near a stack of barrels lying wayward, you can see several individuals congregating. They are perhaps 500 feet away, and in the shadows between the leaning buildings, it is nearly impossible to discern who they are.

There is a quick shout, and then several more. Looking around you, the sparse crowd continues on its way. No one is paying attention.

=====

EXP: +20

Sorry for th elate post guys! The gaggle of people is about 500 feet down an alleyway that nobody is trafficking. Travignes Inn, however, is just a little further up the hill if you would rather pursue that way.

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:59 am

Kellar follows along with the group, keeping up with Shorjahl as he leads the way. I'm glad you guys know where you're going, this isn't making much sense to me at the moment, Kellar said as he was running.

Actions:
Kellar attempts to get a better grasp on his location while keeping up with the group. Perception Roll= 4+1= 5; BLEH!!!
If Kilik stops and wants to investigate the crowd, Kellar will follow.

Last edited by Kellar on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:59 am

'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Custer will stay two steps behind Shorjahl, answering any questions the human may have as he looks about down alleys and along rooftops.  

When the Halfling mentions Trevigne’s and Shorjahl looks his way, Custer shrugs.  Don't know em all.

======

If Kilik mentions the crowd in the shadows, Custer will propose to the group that he and Osvald approach in the guise of drunken friends trying to find the inn.  They may can get a look at what is going on, then retreat or wave the group forward with a hand signal or shouted phrase.  [deception roll]

If he does not, Custer will follow to the inn.  He will be the last to enter, taking a sweeping look at the street before stepping innside and attempting to hide in the shadow of a tall colleague as they ask after Geld and Andrianna.  [stealth roll]

Deception,

or Stealth

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Rerolling 1 for Halfing's luck.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:33 pm

'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Shorjahl nods with his chin toward the crowd, "Think that has anything to do with what we're after?" he speaks quietly, gripping his bracered fist tightly in preparation for the potential of a fight.

If nobody actively pursues the crowd, Shorjahl will continue leading the party toward the Inn in question, keeping his mind and eyes sharp for K'Tesh or the Harpers.

If anyone is interested in going toward the crowd, Shorjahl will stay back and cover them from afar with his arcane power in case a fight breaks loose. He's done enough damage speaking on the party's behalf for some time now, so he'll remain relatively quiet.

If and when we arrive at the Inn, Shorjahl will quietly speak to the first member of staff he sees, inquiring about the Harpers or K'Tesh's location within the establishment.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Osvald agrees with Cuss,

"Aye, let's check out that scuffle--but let's be quick about it!"

Assuming his drunken gait, he'll begin singing a warbly shanty, and make his way toward the crowd with Cuss in tow.

=====

Moving quickly as possible without drawing attention towards the crowd.

Rolling deception + stealth. (edit: Ouch.)

DEC = 3-1=2 STLH= 3+5=8

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3

#2 'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Shorjahl nods to Kellar and Kilik, quickly getting to the corner of the alley and pressing his shoulder against it, mentally preparing to unleash an energy attack should his allies be in need. "Us three should stay back, let Cuss and Osvald scout."
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Agreed, Kellar said as he moved closer to the wall near Shorjahl.

Orbaugh, climb up the side here and tell me what you see. He said telepathically to Orbaugh as he scampered off his shoulder onto the wall. Perception roll=7+2= 9; bleh

Actions:
Kellar will wait near Shorjahl and Kilik while Cus and Osvald move toward the crowd.
*Orbaugh perception roll to see what he sees.

Last edited by Kellar on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 pm

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:59 pm

[osvald and custer, deception results:]

The huntsman and the halfling break off from the main road, beginning their walk down the shaded alleyway while the remains of the fellowship shadow them from afar.

The clatter and chatter from the road quickly fades away from you, as you adopt a swagger and attempt to approach the commotion ahead.

[…]

“She’s comin’ to.”

You can hear the voice of a gruff man ahead, about 100 feet. There are 3 humanoid figures cloaked aside the pile of broken barrels, in an alleyway that is perhaps 20 feet wide.

There don’t appear to be any direct escape routes, short of turning around or continuing past the group of cloaked men.

All of the doorways leading into the buildings flanking both sides of the alley appear to be sealed shut. And more often than not, only bare brick and wooden walls greet you on this forlorn path.

“Ey…who is that?”

The largest of the men turn around and see you walking toward them. The second man turns to face you also. The third man continues bending over.

As you hobble near in your feigned drunken state, you can see the third man is crouching over the body of a woman. A bundle of cloth and burlap is sprawled to her right. She is rolling her head back and forth as the third man hisses at her, a dagger at her throat.

“You lot!” shouts the biggest man, who puts his hand in his cloak and pulls out a dagger.

His companion beside him has a small bit of a limp, but he pulls out a hand crossbow.

“You’re clamorin’ down the wrong alleyway. Best get yourselves out o’ here before we puncture a coupla’ holes to let the booze run out.”

The second man looks at Osvald, screwing up his face.

“Nah, this one. He don’t look like a drunk. ‘Es armoured like a soldier. Hey, boss. Get a look here.”

The third man, crouched over the woman, flips his eyes in your direction.

It is a dark elf. And you cannot be certain from this distance, but you’re pretty sure it’s K’Tesh.

He stands up straight, striding directly to you. The woman’s head slouches in the wrong way in the shadows for you to determine who it is.

But her tightly drawn ponytail looks a lot like Andrianna’s.

K’Tesh walks up to the other three men, a dagger in his hand. He doesn’t recognize Custer, as the halfling’s disguise training does not give him away.

The dark elf speaks coldly in the dark alley, 50 feet away from you. He looks at Osvald with disdain.

“I’ve had enough surprises tonight, woodsman. I saw you in the sands. And something about your drunken limp is even less convincing now than it was an hour ago.”

He walks toward you purposefully, the other two following close behind.

“I don’t know who you are, and I’m through with surprises. Who sent you, and what are you doing in my town. And, I’d better like the answer.”

==========================

EXP: +20 to Kell, Shorj, Cuss and Osvald

Osvald and Cuss, you’re approximately 50 feet away from K’Tesh. The rest of you are about 500 feet away from the altercation.

Stats are in the Lair, in case you plan on a more…confrontational approach.

-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Osvald stops singing as the brutes rise to face him. They hadn't seemed to recognize Cuss, so he takes a single step forward to block their view of the halfling as the drow approaches.

'K'tesh... Well this is about to get interesting.'

The ranger lets out a wry laugh and straightens at the drows approach. He drops the drunk act like one sheds a sodden cloak, and stands tall.
Unflinchingly locking eyes with the dark elf, hoping to keep his focus off of Cuss.

'Come on Osvald.... Buy some time.'

The gears of his mind spin to life amidst great showers of rust and showers of shredded cobwebs...

'Here goes nothing...'

Gesturing to the hired muscle, the ranger speaks:

"Soldier?" Osvald scoffs, "You must be as stupid as you are ugly. I've severed the rotten heads of undead orcish warlords for offending my eyes less. Now shut up."

Looking to the drow, Osvald grins and his eyes narrow to narrow slits, glinting like an animals in the dark.

"Ah, You're a sharp little knife aren't you? I was indeed in the sands. I wasn't sure if you were the one I've been looking for, until you disappeared in a puff of smoke. Neat trick, that." Osvalds grin grows across his newly scarred cheek. "As to who I'm working for, well... That's the question of the hour isn't it? My... Employer has been looking for you for some time K'tesh Hunnett..."

He lets the name hang in the air for a moment like a rotten fruit.  

Then, in perfect Undercommon, Osvald purrs out: "An old friend has been looking for you, K'tesh. I've brought you a token of the messages.... Legitimacy."

Glancing back to the two brutes; "Steady now boys, I'm to pass a message to your pretty boss here, and I'll be on my way..." Nodding to the crumpled forms in the shadows beyond he says: "...and then you can return to your... Playthings."

Slowly, he draws open his cloak in dramatic fashion, and unthreatening and smoothly begins to drop to one knee, his hand slipping down toward his left boot... And the special dagger concealed cunningly within...

'Now things get really interesting...'

=====

Abruptly stop singing, hoping the others catch the subtle signal.

Said K'tesh name so Cuss knows (if not by voice alone.)

Buying time for Cuss to either escape behind Osvald or react, gonna see how much trouble we can get in!

Reminder Ao: ornate boot knife has advantage against checks to spot it, counting on that so these three won't just waste me immediately.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 pm

At first, Custer was thrilled.  His impromptu plan originally appeared an appalling failure that could have seen him sleeping in the streets, but now, it looked to work a little too well.  If the gods were good, then hopefully the gnome was still alive.  Cuss much preferred his company over Andrianna.  

Ah, K'Tesh.  Went straight for em, eh?  I should have followed ya, but that show at the Sands had me convinced.  Might be we get this wrapped up and can be back on our way to the cottage by morning, and I'll not have to see father after all.

When K'Tesh recognizes Lord Hale and starts his approach, Custer was left grasping for reasons to be happy.  He shot a quick glance behind him,  They're too damned far away.  He then turns his attention back to the approaching gang.  Oiy, this is going to hurt.

When Osvald moves to obscure their view of him, Cuss found reason to be happy again.  Brilliant!  He wastes no time, and ever careful to stay behind Osvald's cloak, Custer waves the group forward and pulls a hand crossbow free from its pouch on his belt.  He slowly and quietly cocks the limbs and lays a bolt in the flight groove.

[Rolling stealth with advantage from Osvald's assistance +7, lightfoot halfling lets me hide behind party members and i am using my bonus rogue cunning action to keep a move and action for the rotation.]

A message, heh, clever.  Osvald has finally managed to thoroughly impress Custer.  When the huntsmen kneels, Custer levels his crossbow at K'Tesh's forehead, and pulls the trigger.  Dear K'Tesh, Die.  Signed, Custer Thickett.

[Rolling assassin sneak attack with advantage +5]

Custer shoves the crossbow inside his belt line, where it is left hanging awkwardly.  He then draws his rapier, ready to make a stand with Osvald.  He will face off with anybody trying to get around Osvald, or coming at his side while Hale is facing off against another.  

===
Trying to hide to get surprise in addition to my act first advantages on the attack.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 pm

#1 'D20' : 16, 5

#2 'D20' : 12, 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm

"Go! Don't let them get surrounded!" Shorjahl urges his two companions in a hushed shout as he sees Cuss and Osvald engaged in combat, sprinting as fast as he can toward the group. He would push himself as hard as physically possible, demanding more from his lean legs than he had in years.

---------------------

I'll try to "sprint" forward, clearing as much distance as possible. A dex check to help. I'll sprint straight down the alley, even if I am in danger of getting shot with some kind of missile weapon.

17 Dex

Last edited by Shorjahl on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm

'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Eyes locked with K'tesh as he kneels, Osvald mystically marks him.

'Can't let him vanish this time...'

When Osvald hears the thrum of the bolt whizz over his head, his hand shoots to his boot and in a blur he hurls the concealed boot knife at K'tesh.

'Alright you bastards, let's get messy!' Are the rangers only thoughts, as he reaches for his dagger and handaxe.

=====

Cast Hunters mark on K'Tesh. (Bonus action)

Throwing boot knife. (If it connects, it will strike after Cuss' bolt, and trigger Colossus Slayer.)

Here goes nothing...

7+5=12, miss. Here comes the pain!

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:56 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:30 am

Why are they so hells-bent on killing that drow?

Kilik shook his head, sighed and began trudging forward to where the blood will spill.

------------------------
Actions:

Kilik Dashes towards the confrontation. He will arrive in approximately 10 rounds.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Alright, here we go! said Kellar as he dashed off after Lord Hale and Little One!

Kellar scooped Orbaugh from his shoulder and dropped him to the ground in stride. Keep up Orbaugh, we're going to need you to fight! I ready! I ready! Orbaugh said as he ran stride for stride with Kellar.

Kellar bursts into a sprint (near the end of his 12ft movement) and crouches low and explodes forward with a leap! Strength Check= 7+4= 11; Success! Kellar glides along the ground and continues his movement forward! Orbaugh kept up, dashing a little bit as he trailed his master toward the fray!

Kellar uses ACTION SURGE!

He continues his momentum forward in a dead sprint and crouches low again and leaps forward! Strength Check= 20+4= 24; Success! Kellar gains more ground toward his companions fighting the drow and his lackeys!

I'm on my way! shouted Kellar as he kept moving foward!

Actions:
Kellar used Long Jump from a run, succeeded both STR checks to gain distance (dramatically) to his regular 60 feet of movement (Action Surge used).
OOC: As it read for long jumps, they cost movement for each foot you leap, so in this case he jumped 18 ft at a time, with 12 ft of movement leading up to it. While he didn't move any faster per se, it did look really cool in my imagination...

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

'D20' : 7, 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:11 pm

K'Tesh's head snaps backward as the crossbow bolt connects with his jaw. Crimson blood sprays from his face as he feels backward, grabbing for his dagger.

The other two men, caught up in a surge of adrenaline, charge forward and lay into Osvald and Custer...

[thug Nate, vs Osvald... Critical miss!]

The thug stumbles forward in his haste, tripping on his cloak and crashing face first into the ground. [he is now prone]

[thug Acey, vs Osvald... Hit]

With a scowl, the second thug looses a crossbow bolt, catching Osvald in the arm. The blow tears at fabric and rips ligaments to shreds.

[Osvald takes 13 damage]

KTesh cries out in blind fury, rushing forward like a madman, screaming "Thickettt!!! I'll wear your face while I kill your father for siring a filthy worm like you!"

Immediately the dark elf is upon you, a flurry of daggers cutting at you in expert fashion.

[ktesh vs Custer, hits with both weapons]
[Custer takes 14 damage]

===============

Eco: +20 to all

Other Guys, I'll rule that you'll arrive in time to fight melee next round. You can make ranged attacks if they permit at 100 feet
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Shorjahl continues sprinting forward, "Hurry!" he shouts back to his companions as they storm down the alleyway, his bracer illuminating the shadowy corridor and beginning to chime loudly. They've seen the destruction the arcanist can wreak, especially once his bracer glows so.

Never slowing, the mage lifts his arm and begins shouting in a furious battlecry. Tight packets of intensely vibrating, chiming air hurtle forward through the alley, blowing debris and loose detritus in a swarm as he charges forward. The bolts make impact upon the drow as he starts slashing into the arcanist's hin friend.

"NOOOO!"

------------------------------

Actions: full move closer (within 70 ft now), Magic Missile on K'Tesh: 11 damage

Last edited by Shorjahl on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next