Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+4
Custer Thickett
DiceMaster
Shorjahl
Ao
8 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 10 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post  Osvald Hale Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 am

First things first, Will save, here goes nothing.

Ha, 2 + 2 = 4  Big ol' Fail.

=====

Osvald tumbles sloppily out of the fray, rolling blindly under the snatching talons of the shadowed entity. He drags himself a few feet, spitting blood before finally gathering his wits enough to stop. The throbbing pain from his face helped to clear his mind from the incessant gibbering of the hellish thing behind him.

He knew every moments hesitation was hurdling them all further towards death. He turned back to face the fray, his one good eye looking out from below his broken brow, strands of his filthy hair clinging to his skin with grit and blood. Lit eerily from below by the torch, it was truly a nightmarish vision before him brought to life. His companions were scattering, and he knew the source.

His grip on his bow was still strong: Thanking whatever gods listened in a place such as this that it was only his good looks that took a beating, he raised it up before him, nocking an arrow in a motion practice a thousand times.

Looking down the shaft at the shifting mass of flesh, he utters a fell curse at it before loosing his shot.

=====

Osvald will use a bonus action to cast Hunters Mark on the Gibbering Mouther, and take his Attack Action to fire an arrow at it. Roll in next post!

16 + 2 + 3 = 21

OOC: Finally, something other than getting the shit kicked out of me: Rolling dmg in lair. Good luck guys!

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

Attack roll against Gibbering Mouther
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Dex Save: 4 (fail)
Will Save: 15 (pass)
Note: the d8 was for if I could attack with my crossbow.

-----------------------------

Shorjahl's body trembles as the energy blast dissipates, steam and smoke rising from the hairs and skin burned off by the pressure. Nothing should have been able to withstand that - and yet the gibbering creature spewed its effluence all over the floor. Shorjahl gazed into it, his pupils dilating so wide that it nearly fills his entire iris.

He screams and drops to his knees, clutching at his face, veins standing out in his hollow cheeks and mottled forehead. He rips his gaze away from the ooze, shuffling away from it as best as he can. He concentrates on the feeling of power that had surged through him a moment ago - that power was all but gone.

"Kill the ooze! I'm blinded!" Shorjahl vomits as he resists the mental assail from the aberration, stumbling away and up from his knees, groping blindly at the walls and anything near him. He does his best to get away from the hideous blob of mouths and the sinister shadows.

------------------------------

Failed Dex check = blinded
Passed Will check = not insane

Action = getting away as best as possible, double move.

Last edited by Shorjahl on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3, 12

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm

[Wis save +1.  Forgot I get advantage on this save as a race trait, pg 28.  Sorry guys.]

Custer stops as he reaches the steps. She screams in his mind, 'What in the hells are you thinking, Cuss? K'Tesh can't be here. He isn't here. Don't listen to that abomination, listen to me. Turn around and fight.'

Cuss turns and quickly find himself stepping into a strong thrust at the flank of shadow striking out at Osvald. [ Beta : double post for attack rolls.]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10

#2 'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:32 pm

[action: Sneak Attack verse Shadow Beta.  Disengaging and step back abreast Osvald as the human freezes his retreat and draws his bow.]
11 Miss

How do ya hit these damned things?

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:32 pm

#1 'D20' : 8

#2 'D8' : 6

#3 'D6' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Master, we need to go back! They needs us!

I know, I KNOW!

Will Save! Roll=18+1= 19

Kellar stops and turns around, putting his axe away and grabbing his lance. Hold on Orbaugh! shouted Kellar as he charged toward the sounds of battle.

Kellar fixes on the mass of teeth and eyes sqwaking and flailing about on the floor, severely damaged. In his haste, the lance missed just short of the target, but he lunges back and pierces it's flesh until the sound of chittering and it's eyes go still. DIEEEE!!!!! Kellar shouted.
First roll= 8 Miss!; 2nd roll= 13 Hit!, 11 damage!

Kellar, remembering his past experiences calls out, Say 'Aye' if you're still standing! To me! Follow my voice! We're not done!

Actions:
*Kellar used his action surge to attack twice at the Gibbering Mouther, in the event if he missed the first time (Thank you baby jesus!)
*Kellar will then look for the remaining shadow with the group.

Last edited by Kellar on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:45 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Aaaarg! It spat in me eyes! In me eyes!!

The dwarf pawed frantically at his face, but his fingers had difficulty finding purchase on the thick viscous goo that covered his eyes.

The sound of Kellar calling to rally the group snapped him back to the danger of the moment. He reached out blindly in the direction of the sounds of battle. I trust in ye, Marthammor...yer'll have to do the aimin' for us both.

A flare of light streaked out from Kilik's hand towards their enemies. He hoped.

------------------------------------------
Actions:

DEX save: 8 - Blinded
WIS save: 21 - Passed

So the nearest shadow needs to make a DC 13 DEX save or take 1d8 radiant damage.

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:46 pm

The member 'Forgeless Kilik' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 8

#2 'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:29 pm

An ugly cacaphony of cries rings out in the crypt as Kellar's lance pierces through the core of the Gibbering Mouther. All at once, the creature writhes in an uncanny, unearthly way.

Disgustingly, its eyes begin to pop one at a time - their ichor running out onto the floor as the mouths gnash, spittle and black blood leaking out from their corners.

It is a horrific scene, the mouther dying.

And then, blackness.

Kellar's torchlight has finally extinguished upon the ground, and in panic the fellowship looks around for the creatures of darkness.

But it seems that, in the absence of light, there can be no shadow.

[...]

Kilik and Shorjahl's eyesight returns imminently, as the fellowship stands in the blackness. Pools of ichor and blood slosh under your boots as you move through the chamber, crunching over the shattered stone of the statue.

====================

OK guys, well fought! That was an interesting combat for me. I thought I had outmatched you, but it seems that you're more dangerous than I assumed Wink

EXP: +195 each for defeating the mouther/3 shadows, and for post rotation.

There is another passage leading out of this chamber, and you have no light source at the moment so Pcs without darkvision cannot see for shit.

Please advise on marching order and intentions, whether progressing deeper into the crypt, or back to up the stone staircase

-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Let's be rid foul place as quick as we may Kilik grumbled, squinting into the grey murk of the passage that lay ahead of them. It takes more than a bit o' shadow to shake the heart a dwarf.

He turned to the others Are yer ready to press on? We handled ourselves well just now, but I'd not dawdle in these foul crypts.

--------------------------------------
Actions:

Kilik whispers a prayer for Guidance and resumes his place at the front of the group.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Master Dwarf, I'm at the ready, although I'll need your eyes for the moment, until I can re-light a torch (3 remaining), said Kellar.

I agree, we shouldn't dally about here, I'll follow you from the back of the group, lead us on, he continued.

Orbaugh, you can come out from under my shield, the danger has passed for now.

Shorjahl, perhaps you could spare us some of your light again? Questioned Kellar.

Kellar goes over his belongings as best he can in the dark until more light is generated.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Shorjahl breathes heavily, his hands on his quivering knees. He spits the vomit from his mouth several times, clearing it of the foul taste left by the madness inducing creature. He stretches his eyelids open, then squeezes them shut tightly several times, experimenting with his vision. When he hears Kellar's call for more light, he nods wearily, his bracer lighting in the familiar cold and sterile light the party is used to.

"Is anyone injured? I saw Osvald was attacked by that..." his voice is hoarse and a bit tremulous, "...thing." He stands up straight, lifting his arm to better illuminate the cavern. "Osvald? How do you fare?!" his voice echoes in the room, eyes squinting against the brightness of his wrist.

--------------------

Cast Light.
Short rest = 1 spell slot back.
Wouldn't try to stealth, would just move in the middle of the party. I'm super tired, probably the most magic Shorjahl's ever done in his life.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Thank you, my love.  I heard your voice above the others.

'Their voice's were not real, Cuss.  It was a trick.'

They sounded real enough to me.  I think I wet me pants.  Is this the wall?

When Shorjahl's light fills the room in a soft glow, Custer is found facing a wall, relieving himself.  He turns his head to the room, "What?  I nearly made a mess."

Once he finishes up and turns back from the wall, Custer says, "If we're to rest, we should do so in the hall with the stairs.  Nice place to sit and they can only come at us from two sides."  

Custer then sees Osvald's face, and whistles loudly. "That has to hurt. If ye worried about how it looks, don't bother. It will be covered in mud soon 'nough, I'm sure."

Custer stars climbing the stairs out of the room.

-----

[action: Custer is going to turn and start climbing the stairs behind them.  If the party follows, he will sit at the top of the steps.  If they do not, he will sit on the stairs just out of sight from the room below.  Once Custer is sitting, he will listen to the sounds of the tunnels beyond the room with the walls covered in skulls.]

[Rolling perception +1]
[b]14

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:43 pm

'D20' : 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 am

After a short repose, the fellowship emerges from the stairwell and begins their trek deeper into the crypts...

[...]

The roughshod tunnels are beginning to level out, and the air is paradoxically becoming less thick. Kellar's torch illuminates what appears to be an archway, leading onward to a large stone stairwell that seems completely out of place.

It is a puzzling transition, as aged walls of stone replace the hewn tunnels you have traveled through so far.

As you descend the wide staircase, Kilik can see that this stone corridor has stood for centuries. Perhaps many centuries more than the crypt itself. Indeed, as he looks upon the mould-choked mortar and the thick smattering of earth and dust abound, he gets a sense that the domed crypt was built atop a subterranean fortress.

Perhaps the fortress of the orc king himself. Or perhaps not.

[...]

Several of the passageways are collapsed, and so after a dozen minutes of backtracking you find yourselves in a nexus of sorts.

A thin and unnatural mist fills this 30-foot-wide chamber. Through the misty veil, you can see a large granite pillar sculpted to resemble four entwined skeletal serpents. Each one is facing one of four passages leading away from this chamber.

Carved into the corner of the southwest wall is a 9-foot-tall bas-relief representing a powerful looking orc warrior in a solemn and rigid pose.

The stones on the ground are chipped, cracked, and torn in a bad way. Over the years, several large hunks of the ceiling have fallen, rendering the floor even more haphazard.

Suddenly, you hear the measured impact of two heavy boots on the rocky floor, and the clinking of metal armor.

An imposing figure steps out of the darkness, surrounded by the dim light of a spectral halo. Its eyelids open, a sneer spreading across its face. It is the likeness of the ancient warlord depicted upon the bas-relief. The warlord wears furs, a brass breastplate, and an open-faced helmet shaped like a dragons claw.

His muscles ripple as he stretches his arms out menacingly, and the ghostly chant of a spell or incantation fills the chamber...

=====================

OK guys. You're in a 30x30 room, with exits to the north, south, and west. You're coming from the east.

The warlord specter is approximately 20 feet away from you, 10 feet in front of the bas relief carving. He appears to be casting a spell.

Aside from the tall snake-carved column in the middle of the room, the rest of the nexus is filled with detrius and stone.

EXP: +20 Shor, Cuss, Kilik, Kellar
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter One - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter One - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:27 pm

[ hey guys I see I forgot to do a thread for the spectre in te lair. I'm on mobile right now. His AC is 15. Health is ?/?]
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Kellar, hearing the warlord begin his chant, he advances at a low center of gravity (think roadie run!) and lunges at him with his lance! (Ten feet away, Lance is a reach weapon) Attack Roll= 16+4= 20 Hit!; Damage Roll=5+5+4= 14

I will put you to rest again! Kellar shouted at the Warlord.

Kellar withdraws his lance and attempts to pierce the warlord again (Action Surge), hoping it will stop it's chant. Attack Roll= 19+4= 23 Hit!; Damage Roll= 5+3+4= 12

Come on! Kellar shouted again at the Warlord.

Actions:
*Kellar attacks twice for a total of 26 damage against the Warlord.
*Kellar will stay in his spot, 10 feet away from the Warlord.

Last edited by Kellar on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 16

#2 'D20' : 19

#3 'D6' : 5, 5

#4 'D6' : 5, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Kilik took advantage of Kellar's furious assault upon the spectre to come at the thing from the side with his hammer.

Rargh! the dwarf cried as he brought his weapon down in an overhead arc, but the spectre twisted effortlessly away and the melted steel head of his hammer clanged harmlessly against the stone floor.

Marthammor...protect us!

Actions: Moving adjacent to the spectre.

Attack: 8 (misses)

Reaction: If I get hit by a melee attack, Wrath of the Storm: DC 13 DEX save or 2d8 thunder damage (half on save)

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 pm

#1 'D20' : 3

#2 'D8' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 pm

"Haint!"  Custer shouts as he drops his pack and moves behind Kilik.  This gets better and better.  What's that saying?  A kingdom for a horse?    

As Kilik moves forward, Custer stalks behind in the dwarf's shadow.  'My kingdom for a horse, and that doesn't make much sense in this context, dear,'  Agata whispers.

[Rolling stealth +7, hoping for advantage on attack.  Cunning Action.  Naturally Stealthy.]

When Kilik lashes out at the specter, Cuss rushes around him to flank, and thrust at the Orc with his rapier.

[Rolling Sneak Attack with rapier +5]
23  or  18
12 damage

His Kingdom for a horse.  That works, right?

Agata laughs.

[action: Custer is stalking behind Kilik for cover, trying to conceal his movement from the Orc.  Moving abreast Kilik to attack Specter.  Rolling attack with advantage in case stealth is a success.]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 pm

#1 'D20' : 11

#2 'D20' : 18, 13

#3 'D8' : 4

#4 'D6' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:28 pm

OOC: quick post to catch up

=====

Osvald chuckles as he lowers his bow in the gloom, looking to Shorjahl and Cuss.

"I'll live," he coughs out, wincing at the pain, and spitting another mouthful of blood at the oozing corpse on the floor. "...But honestly, it surprises me." He puts a hand into his mouth, looks miserably at the blood when he pulls it away.

'Not a good day for the old head, Osvald...'

"That thing was almost as ugly as a few of the girls in the ten towns I've bedded... almost." He manages to wheeze out, slurring his words slightly through his battered mouth.

Rising, the grizzled ranger stands wobbly beside Cuss. "Wanna see a trick?" He raises a hand to his mangled face, and focuses for a moment on the earthen walls and floor about him, feeling the cool air, even the rank sent of mold and ancient time. With a silent meditation on the realm of the old gods of the earth, Osvald feels his face begin to knit back together, tastes a caustic taste of iron and blood as his tongue re grows it's tip and his nose cracks back into place.

After a moment he says his silent thanks and looks back at the group;

"Not as impressive as your works, Shorjahl, I know--but it'll keep my blood in my body where it belongs." It is evident that his rudimentary magic, while somewhat effective, lacks finesse. A series of pale scars are now faintly visible along his brow, and running down his lip into his blood caked beard.

=====

When Kellar and Kilik lash out to strike, Osvald circles around the opposite direction of Cuss, trying to find an open angle between himself and the ghastly creature, to avoid hitting his companions.

Bow already in hand, he shifts his focus fully into the moment, marking his quarry: as he nocks and fires off an arrow.

=====

Rolling Cure Wounds on self.

6+2= 8 hp regained

Move action into advantageous position for combat,
Bonus action to transfer Hunters Mark to the Spectre,
rolling attack roll twice for possible adv. from Pref. Enemy: Orcs.

15 + 2 + 3 = 20 //  5 + 2 + 3 = 10

OOC: let me know in your post how my attack goes Ao, and I'll roll dmg in the lair if need be.

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:28 pm

#1 'D8' : 6

#2 'D20' : 15

#3 'D20' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm

The spectre stares down the party, and suddenly you can hear the beginning of a high pitched whine. The glow of eldritch undeath spreads out upon the shambled floor, the spectre beginning to scream...like a warning call into the blackened hallways that branch out from this nexus.

But Kellar's lance pierces the ghost, and as suddenly as it appeared...it dissipates into the darkness.

You are left in the dead silence of the crypt.

=========================================

OK guys, you're still in the nexus. The ghost of the chieftain has dissipated, before it had a chance to rise to the crescendo of noise that it appeared to be building to.

From the east is where you came. The dark hallways lead to the north, south, and west.

EXP: +20 exp Kellar, Kilik, Custer, Haegro Osvald

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Kilik peered into the dark hallways leading out of the room. Which way now then?

He studied the stone floor, looking for any indications of traffic or uneven wear, as he thought back to what he knew of the traditional layout of crypts. Now if I were some great dead orc beastie, where'd I go an' bury me self?

He prayed quietly in dwarvish: O, Finder-of-Trails, we sore be needin' a trail about now. Help us...show us the way to this filthy orc's grave, an' we'll sure toast yer name when we get free of this place.

------------------------------------------------------
Actions: Trying to determine a direction toward the resting place of the horn.
Perception check on the stone for signs of traffic: 25 (dwarves know their stone)
Religion check + Guidance for where the most honored crypt might be located: 14

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 pm

#1 'D20' : 20

#2 'D20' : 10

#3 'D4' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Shorjahl smiles wearily at Osvald at their exchange, glad to see he is little worse for wear. The ability he demonstrates while healing himself is a bit of a surprise - he didn't expect that. The man was a mystery, and yet Shorjahl couldn't help but feel he was trustworthy.

----------------------

Due to his exhaustion, he could hardly bring himself to enact his arcane powers against the wraith, just staring on in dull horror and confusion. This place seemed determine to kill them - fortunately his companions did away with the foul apparition. After the short and intense battle, he lit the chamber well and cast about, searching for where they should go next.

As Kilik took a moment to pray to his dwarven god of pathfinding, Shorjahl examined the runes, the structure, and did his best to ascertain their most logical course toward the great horn.

----------------------

Investigation: 6 = 1 + 5 (ouch)
Straight Intelligence Logic: 13 = 10 +3

Last edited by Shorjahl on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:45 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 1, 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Did we kill it? Custer ask as he withdrawals his rapier from the empty air before him.  Custer looks about the room and at the party.  Kellar's lance stretched across the room, Kilik was praying, Shorjahl was looking at the walls, and Anna still seemed distracted.  Custer sheathed his rapier.

Custer walked to the doorway they had come into the room from, took out his chalk, and marked the wall.  Don't want that statue moving on us after we leave, and trying to get us lost.  I've heard of such.  Custer puts the chalk away and pulls a torch out of his pack.  It was still a little damp, so Cuss started shaking it to dry it a little more as he walks to Kellar.  Hold your torch down so I can try to light this.  It is still a little damp though.

While holding the torch to the flame, Custer ask the group, Should I tie the rope to my hammer again?

---

[action:  Custer is lighting a torch.  If another member of the party suggest that using the hammer trick is a bad idea, Custer will not proceed.  If they do not object, then he will tie the hammer up and throw it down the hall to the south, the west, and the north in turn.]

A:
Aye, ya right.  Don't want to be waking em up.

-or-

B:
This will go faster if somebody watches it while I throw and drag.

[Rolling tools proficiency.  Custer is not watching the hammer this time so much as trying to drop it in a hidden pit or set off any triggers on the floor.  He is using his knowledge of trap making and skill with the throw and drag to set off triggers.]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Osvald gathers his arrow from where it had clattered uselessly against the stone after passing through the dissipating specter... He furrows his brows at the chipped head--but the shaft is still true. He tosses it back into his quiver with a small sigh.

Looking about the chamber, at the pillar, the woodsman says:

"Four snakes... snakes are rarely a good omen." He peers into the blackness down the tunnels, at the rubble on the floor. "This place is far older than the levels above. Time has taken it's toll. ...The Orc statue is set into the southwest wall," He says with a nod toward it. "Perhaps he was... guarding something that way? Kilik, Anna, I'll defer judgement to you on this, but my gut tells me that direction may lead us to our prize..."

He passes a hand through the mist around his waist, It is unnaturally thick, slow to part before his movements.

"That ghost was making some kind of... call, Cuss. At least I hope I wasn't hearing things. Perhaps it's best we keep quiet moving ahead."

He open and closes his mouth, rubs his jaw. The tissue around his new scars felt tight. It would take time getting used to.

Moving back into cohesion with the group, Osvald falls in beside Shorjahl: "Hells, you look how I feel." Osvald offers him a draught from his silver flask, takes a large gulp himself. "This place feels unnatural to me. I never heard of an Orc building no damn fortress underground, Chieftain or no."

=====

Osvald will advise against Cuss throwing his hammer down the tunnels, but will not insist if the others prefer to be cautious against traps, Then fall into marching order in front of Shorjahl.

Perception check to notice anything about the chamber, different air/smells/sounds down the various tunnels.
17 + 4 = 21

Separate Perception with possible Adv. from Pref. Enemy: Orc upon examining the bas relief for any hints as to the spectres nature, or the positioning of the statue itself, in conjuction with possible significance of the snakes upon the pillar.
18 + 4 = 22 / 3 + 4 = 7

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:38 pm

#1 'D20' : 17

#2 'D20' : 18, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Little one, how about tying your rope to a torch, so at least we can see how far down the path it goes? Questioned Kellar. Perhaps we can do a visual inspection and have a light to our advantage as we move forward, he continued.

As for the Warlord, it disappeared after I pierced it twice, but I couldn't tell you if that ended it's undeath or not, Kellar stated.

Orbaugh, have you been down this far before? Kellar then broke off part of a ration for Orbaugh to chew while he replied.

Kellar takes the damp torch from Cus and hands him the lit one while he grabs another torch and lights it anew. I'll work on drying this damp torch out, while you use that for your trap fishing, is that agreeable? He questioned.

Actions:
*Kellar will assist Cus with his trap check and keep an eye out for the return of the Warlord.
*Kellar will not perform a stealth check, since he's been shouting anyway.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

If something's in here, I'm sure we've woke it up by now, what with the way Osvald was screaming back there.  Custer smiles at Osvald., then looks back to Kellar.  I'm not sure a torch will work as well as a hammer or crowbar.  Just doesn't have the same heft and it will jump about a lot when I drag it.  Pull the wet cloth off that one and I'll wrap the head of the hammer with it so as to dull the sound when it strikes the stone.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 am

Amidst the quiet crypt, Kilik peers down each passage in turn.

[Kilik, Perception+Religion results:] The dwarf examines the stone, which has been battered and worn over centuries. He can see that the ceiling has collapsed from the moisture in the stone above, and that it has been ages since a living creature has walked these halls.

And yet…

The dwarf can see clearly, deep gashes set into the stone floor beneath the rubble. The marks are centuries old, and barely perceptible if not for the cunning stone sense of the dwarf.

They lead westward. As if someone had dragged several extremely heavy stone sarcophagi, with sharp, hewn edges, across the room. Looking closely at the stone snake pillar, it is evident that one even caught its corner upon the masonry, taking a large chunk with it.

Several hundred years ago.

[Shorjahl Perception/INT check]: The mage cannot tell much about the construction of this nexus - it is a foreign space to him. But his mind can’t help but discern that the spectre was less of a supernatural being…and more of an arcane entity…

In what capacity, he cannot be sure.

Custer’s and Kellar busy themselves with checking the hallway with the hammer; or at least, the 30-foot depth that they can comfortably check.

To the north, south, and west..the sound echoes flatly upon the ground. Only dust and crumbled earth come back with the hammer.

==================

OK guys. Same situation as before…let me know which way you intend on going. Custer cannot discern any traps of note.

EXP: +20 Exp to Shor, Cuss, Osvald, Kilik and Kellar
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Nothing's chasin it an I don't see no traps or nothing like it. Can't see to shit in a sack, though. Custer rolls up the rope, but keeps the padded hammer tied to it. He holds a lit torch in one hand and the coiled rope in the other.

He looks to the party. Ya know I was just a thinking. Say we do find what we are lookin for. How we going to get out of here?

----

[Custer will form up behind Kellar.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:20 pm

The dwarf scowled at the corridors before them, jabbing a thick finger at the nearly imperceptible signs of ancient gouging in the stone.

Somethin' heavy was dragged that way, pointing to the western passage, a good long time ago. If we're gonna wander off into the dark, it's as good a way as any, and we might as well get on with it.

He moved to stand by the western passage, turning back and raising one bushy red eyebrow. Shall we?
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 pm

After you Master Dwarf, I'll be lighting up what's behind us, Kellar said. Stay close little one, we may need you to check for traps down this path as well, he continued.

Orbaugh, are you able to see in the dark at all? How are your wings?

Anna, Lord Hale, shall we venture on after the Master Dwarf here? Questioned Kellar, as Orbaugh shifted to his other shoulder.

Actions:
*Kellar will wait for the others to go ahead of him and he'll guard the rear with Cus.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 pm

"I suppose we shall." Osvald says, his grin lopsided and eerie in the flickering torchlight.

'Though, I wish I had more in my flask to go forward with...'

The ranger glides amongst the debris and enters the tunnel.

====

Osvald will fall into marching order, preferring to be near the front of the group behind Kilik and Anna.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Shorjahl follows along - his breathing heavy despite the lack of exertion in the last few minutes. He holds his bracered wrist up, illuminating their path with the cold and sterile light. He is unusually quiet, it is obvious that this is taking a toll on his normally steady constitution. If anyone makes eye contact with him, he only solemnly nods or encouragingly smirks, not speaking much if at all.

Whoever leads the party, or if Cuss uses his hammer to lead the way - Shorjahl arcanely imbues light into a handy object or piece of clothing. He cautiously prepares his single remaining spell - calling upon reserves of energy he never knew he had, and still didn't fully trust.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

Kilik and Osvald start off down the westward path, the detritus from the rotted ceiling crunching under your boots as Shorjah’s cold light illuminates the way. From behind, Custer’s torch flickers off the walls of the crypt; solid, fortified stonework leading down the long passage.

A set of stairs leads downward, long cobwebs stretching from ceiling to floor. They catch in your hair and over your armor, draping across your skin disgustingly.

The air is cold. Inexplicably cold. And in the distance…you hear whispers.

Custer’s delicate ears hear a low growling from deep in the crypt… from beyond the radiance of his torchlight. Indeed, most likely the wind echoing through the vast network of this hall. But then again, perhaps he hears the name “Urukath” grumbled from the deep…

[…]

The stairs stretch downward into an antechamber, and it takes Shorjahl’s light but a moment to light up this large tomb.

You find yourselves in a vast chamber, built around a ceremonial platform with four sets of stairs to mount it.

A deep, earthy, smoky smell fills your nostrils as you gaze around.

Upon the ceremonial platform, three stone sarcophagus’ sit at the foot of a 9-foot-long stone slab, upon which lays a contorted skeleton. Even from the entrance of the room, you can tell it is a large orc.

The skeleton is clad in rotted leather armour, and lays with a sword upon its chest.

At its feet, there is a withered old spear. It is made of gnarled wood, and strips of leather hang off of it in ornamentation.

The tip of the spear, however, is a large, spiralling horn.

======================

Chapter One - Page 10 Map_to11

OK guys, you’re approximately 30 feet away from the stairs that lead up onto the platform, and 50 feet away from the stone slab with the skeleton upon it.

Between you and the stone slab, there are 3 sarcophagus’s made of stone.

If you’re looking at the map, you’ve entered from the southern staircase.

There is also a door leading out of this chamber to the west. It’s a large, stone door.

EXP: +20 for Shor, Kil, Kell, Os, and Cuss
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Shorjahl holds his finger up to his cracked and bearded lips, urging the party to be quiet. He speaks softly, his voice hoarse and weary "I will retrieve the spear and the horn without the need to touch anything. You all must be ready - in case something happens. We will make our way out of the door we entered from, unless it seals behind us." He takes a steadying breath, "Be ready."

The arcanist quietly stalks forward some 20 feet, the light attached to his bracer dimming. He reaches his energies out toward the horn-tipped spear, as delicately and carefully as possible withdrawing it from its resting place. His bracer hums quietly as he focuses, lifting the spear and pulling it back to him - hovering several feet as he concentrates on lifting it telekinetically.

-----------------

Move forward 20'
Casting Mage Hand (cantrip) which can lift objects and move them around within 30'
I maintain Mage Hand, and do not touch the spear or allow it to contact anything on its way toward us.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Kilik licked his dry lips nervously as his eyes flickered around the room. Well, this 'ere seems a mite too easy.

The dwarf took up a ready position beside Shorjahl, laying a steadying hand on the arcanist's back as he quietly muttered in dwarvish O, Watcher-Over-Wanderers, help steady this fool human's wizardish hand, so that he doesn't bring all manner of orcish evil down on our heads. Amen.

Actions:
Move forward 20', next to Shorjahl.
Casting Guidance on Shorjahl: he can add 1d4 to a single ability check of his choice in the next one minute.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next