Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Four

+7
Custer Thickett
DiceMaster
Kellar
Pimli Prixus
Artimus DeLonde
Dwan Bolduum
Osvald Hale
11 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Chapter Four

Post  Dwan Bolduum Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 am

As the two groups meet, Dwan splits his focus and watches as Custer and Osvald attempt to talk their way through the pass.

His spike growth is ready to be cast at the mention of the kill word, or if negotiations appear to have taken a turn for the worst.

=====================

Dwan not doing much this round
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm

A dozen black cloak riders tracking toward them, like deadheads in the swelling ocean.

Their formation shook the mariner loose of his focus, which was on the black cloak that weighted too heavily on his shoulders and the sigil that seemed to quietly sap his breath.
Who was this tanner, this man that they condemned to death.
Artimus could still hear his heartfelt pleas, his concern, his desperation.  

Those images did battle with the wry smirk that the dead man flashed them in the wood as the gave chase...

I was lost... once.  

I need to calm down.. Just breathe.
The emergance of these riders broke through, and Aritmus caught onto the rouse quickly, urging his pale white horse to Osvald's left. Whistling as he went. The sword at his side need not move till they were closer. till the other men pulled theirs. he knew his steel would meet air before theirs,  and bite flesh before theirs.

He could only think of a dirge.

Whistling as they rode.

========================================
Deception at advantage. Riding Casual. (22)

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19, 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:33 am

The sun shines brazenly from between two parting, voluminous white clouds, it's rays glinting off the metal buckles and shrouded chain shirts of the riders.

The first to see you does so without breaking pace, and as the whole scouting party rounds the bend, they keep a loose formation.

You slow your approach, watching as the men trot forward. Despite their unified look, those of you with military experience can tell that they are far from a cohesive unit. The men look askance of one another, and look somewhat suspicious, and uncomfortable of their neighbour.

The interrogated marauder's words hang in your ears...

"...sent down from the mountain with men I'd never met..."

The lead man listens to Osvalds hailing, and slows the group until they are no more than ten feet ahead.

"Another pass down the mountain." He starts, coughing into his hand. You can see from beneath his cloak, the mans eyes are two different colours.

"The Sothillisians are set to march within the hour. They'll be through the pass by midnight. Perhaps then our part will be done in this."

He listens to Custers words, nodding.

"Yes, two of their number returned to the forward camp. Fools. Grol cut them down for their desertion. They assured us they had killed all of the outriders, but our lot has the enviable responsibility of making certain."

The man seems clearly perplexed.

"I haven't seen your lot before. What camp are you from? And where are you headed?

=================+++

Exp:+20

Ok guys, make your case and your rolls. Also, please let me know what your plan is (ie where you're going) should the riders decide to leave you alone, so we can move things along

Thanks
Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

"Those two that left us back there were cowards. We checked for them after the battle was done," he said. Kellar waved dismissively as he spoke. "Our Orc Champion fell, as did the leader. The Outriders were more than we expected." Kellar shifted his eyes to the other riders and then to his own companions. "As you can see, we aren't as many as we were when we set out. Just met these fine warriors two days ago on a dig through some ruins about a day's ride from here. I was promised gold to dig for ruins, but then was ordered to attack the Outriders," he said. He let his head sink a little bit. "I miss my Rosanna," he muttered.

I hope that is enough fluff to dissuade their interest in us...
Deception Roll= 11+3= 14; success?

If successful, Kellar will say, "I can't wait to be done. I can return home to my Rosanna and my boy. Anyway, I hope you find safe travels." And he will urge his horse forward at a faster walk and not look back at the other riders.

If not successful, Kellar will ask, "Were you at the battle of Esmeltaran?" He will only ask if others do not succeed on their rolls for deception or other rolls that may alter this situation. He will cast Ray of Frost immediately if that is the situation since it is a prepared action.

Good luck on your rolls fellas!

Last edited by Kellar on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Artimus tune trailed off as Kellar spoke with the two tone eyed rider.  

The words exchanged on the mountain pass were clam and even , despite their content. Murder and invasion discussed  casually like the weather or meat pie.

There was a tension in the knowing that, like the steep craggy edge that lined the road, the meeting could drop off swiftly.

Artimus heaved his crossbow haphazardly onto his horses back. He patted around his body before landing on his bolt pouch as if he'd forgotten where it was. He pulled a bolt loose from that bunch, and coolly set the it into the channel of the crossbow.

"You didn't come by that clutch of pheasants up the road a piece?  They'd make a good bit o'supper, better than the hard tack and slop at the camp. not fit for tha' pigs you ask me. I'm hopping I can stick one or two for  my belly starts aching."

Artimus asked to no one in particular, looking up for a moment, squinting into the rising sun before lowering his gaze back to the crossbow that sat across his horses back.

He'd hoped that he'd covered his conspicuous manner of speech.  a talent that he'd called upon when the need arose one or twice before.

Deception  10
=====================================

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Eyes darting from hand to hand, Cuss watched for any threatening move or signal to attack as he continued on with the others.  Given what was said of the uncomfortable composition of these war parties, the inconsistent banter from his friends may work to their advantage.  "Shut up about those damn pheasants!  All I've had to listen to the better part of this day is your talk of pheasant this and that, yeah?  I'll squash em all to paste if I see em, I swear it, I will!  An you!"  Cuss nods toward Kellar, "We'd all be lovin to spend some time with ya Rosanna, but sitting around here aint gonna get us there sooner, no?"

[Rolling deception again, with advantage from the disguise. +5]

"We can take ya or Grol himself to where we piled the bodies in the woods in the morn, but first we need ta get word to the Laughing Mask of what their cleric had to say about the temple's treasures, yeah?"  Cuss nudges his donkey forward, and the Ass bats his gums showing his buck teeth in response.  "Move, ya damn cow!"

[Rolling insight to see if they are going to attack.  If so, Cuss is loosing his first shot on the person that makes the first move.  +1]
4 :^(

----------------
If my insight roll is good and they attack, I'd like to use it to loose an assassinate shot on their leader or first to act before they can fully draw their weapons... or not...

You guys aren't rolling your deceptions with advantage from your disguises.  Should they, Ao?

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 8, 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 am

The rider levels a hard look at you. The other men stand by idly, seeming to be bored at this exchange.

The wind blows coldly over the cliff side, ruffling the leering marauder's cloak and revealing a rapier, that he pulls slowly from its scabbard.

"Aye, gold is what we were promised. And war is what we make now. But when you speak of the laughing mask..."

He seems suspicious, drawing that rapier slowly from its home at his side. Artimus can feel the blood pumping through his finger, Custer watching tensely for a sign - any sign - to fire.

Kellars eyes dart from the mercenary to his men, anticipating their plan of attack.

A moment passes, tension seeming to drip from the dragging edge of the rapier. And then, the rider speaks.

"When you speak of the laughing mask, do you mean...Keisan?"

He stops coldly.

"If so, tell him the west flank needs more riders. Rakerath pass is under protected. The underway to the Twin Towers is exposed. Perhaps you lot should head down that ways - boys from the lowlands saw one of them rangers poking around. Those gnats need a blade to the throat."

He swiftly pushes his rapier back into his holster. He nods, signalling to his men. They ride past you, exchanging glances...

[...]

The first thing you see is the smoke.

Emerging from the treeline in a high valley point, you gaze down a craggy cliff-face dotted with emerging, twisted trees into a swooping chasm.

The Lions Pass.

The most famous trade route between Amn and Tethyr, it had been contested by warring nations and monstrous invaders time and time again.

A site of great bloodshed, where footing is unsure and rocky outcroppings threaten broken carriages and ankles. Where trees have been burned to the ground time and time again.

If you'd stood in this spot months past, a sea of trading campsites and caravans would have greeted you, their lanterns glowing in the night.

Now, only smoke.

Smoke and fire.

As you stand amidst the yellow-leaved trees gazing miles below into the chasm, you can see endless bonfires stretching out into the starry night sky.

And amidst them - thousands of enormous, hulking figures. Wagons, oxen, and stampeding lizard beasts swarm by as silhouettes, while tall war-banners wave in the wind. Tusked mammoth animals lumber onward, mounted by enormous platforms hosting four or five muscular brutes.

"Ogres..." Whispers Jehuty, his voice trembling.

"Merciful Helm. Ogres as far as the eye can see."

Their campfires and torches burn a veil of smoke high into the air, as they march through the pass northward, toward Imnascar...

Jehuty turns to you, his helm held under his arm.

"So it is true. Doom comes to Imnascar this night. Fellows, you have been loyal and stalwart allies. And yet I must ask you - will you return to Imnascar, and repel this invasion?"

====================

Ok guys. You can see plainly that the ogres number into the thousands. If Imnascar is not warned, it will surely fall by nightfall tomorrow.

Even if the outriders manage to rouse the city, defeat might be inevitable. Those of you with experience in sieges or warfare know this to be true. This is the force of an empire.

You stand inconspicuously on a ridge, overlooking the valley by several miles. You can still ride down back to the path, retreating in front of the army, and arriving at ImnascAr hours before they make it....

Or, perhaps another path? Another decision? What is your mission now, friends. Where do you go?

Exp:+30
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

Chapter Four - Page 4 Invasion_by_majesticchicken-d4ddg7c
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 pm

"If we're to ride back and keep ahead of them, we need to go now," Kellar said from under his cloak. He assessed the layout of the camp (Soldier background knowledge). "This number will wash over Imnescar, I'm afraid. We can evacuate and displace people rather than have them sit ripe for the slaughter," he continued. "From what I can see, there's little here that can slow their progress. I thought perhaps Lord Hale would use his arrows to break apart part of the cliff and I could use my flame, but there's no telling how much affect it would have," he said thoughtfully.

He looked to Jehuty and the others. "If it is all the same to you, we ride for Imnescar, evacuate the town and have them head anywhere but there. The people of Imnescar will fall, and become food for the ogres. We need to make sure there isn't a soul left in Imnescar, but poison the food supplies and taint the water. An army that large needs resources to maintain it's campaign," he said. Kellar looked to the forest around them. "This pass provides one point for them to pass through, do you think we can set the forest ablaze on our way back? Slow their advance to our position? Jehuty, what do you think," he asked.

"We have already seen one city fall. This one will be different, we can save the population from this army and prevent their ogres from being nourished at the same time. Without food they'll turn on each other and potentially thin their own number," Kellar said. He looked to the others for input, they remained quiet for sometime since the riders left their position.

Actions:

Kellar will suggest a full retreat to Imnescar, and light the forest ablaze while they go. Smoke, flames and heat may be enough to slow the advance of the army's march toward Imnescar.
Kellar will defer to Osvald for a different plan of action and will not protest.
Kellar believes it is foolish to stand in Imnescar while an ogre army comes for them. The ogres would take the city and have nourishment from the dead populace.
Athletics Roll= 14+7= 21 ;Stealth Roll= 1+4= 5

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 pm

'D20' : 14, 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:06 am

Kellar wrote:This number will wash over Imnescar, I'm afraid. We can evacuate and displace people rather than have them sit ripe for the slaughter,"

He's right, Jehuty, we need to move now and we need to clear the city. If possible we should make the city a trap, set off some explosives, that kind of action. I only fear that we might not have enough time.

Dwan looks to his chest and pulls out the Kraken's fist and hands it toward's Jehuty.

Use this. Think of who you wish to speak to, someone you trust, and project your message. Tell them that the city must be emptied now.

After this is done Dwan will take the Kraken's fist back and mount his horse for the return trip.

===============================================
(sorry for short post)
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:40 am

Cyricist Rider wrote:Rakerath pass is under protected. The underway to the Twin Towers is exposed.

"Rakerath, got it."  Cuss nods at the riders as they pass.  Once they clear past the bend, he looks to the others and shrugs,  "That went rather well, no?"

Looking at the sharp rocks high above, and following outcroppings to where they meet the path, Cuss whispers to Osvald, "This pass is ripe for ambushes.  There could be a whole army around half these bends and we'd not know it until we round em, yeah?"

While the group stands side by side atop the ridge looking down into the camps of Sothis, Cuss counts the fires aloud, missing the count twice and trying to start over in greater frustration each time.  "Nineteen, nineteen, uhh, ehh, blast it.  One, two... twenty seven, or six?  Ah forget it.  There must be hundreds, no?"

Kellar wrote:Without food they'll turn on each other and potentially thin their own number

"Ya right on most of that.  The City can't hold this back the time it'd take for any army to gather.  Least not one significant enough to stand a chance against this, no?  Even with the help of the Cowled or others, Sothis has a Dragon, and Cyric's cult on his side.  A powerful sorcerrer, they say.  Oiy, if only we had pure salt water, yeah?"

"Me thinks we don't need the forest against us, though.  Lets not set her aflame and hope that they do.  We could use every ally, yeah?'
 Cuss looks to Dwan for approval, but his smile straightened and his head tilted as he watched the Dwarf hand Jehuty the fist.  He'd earned Artimus's scowl announcing him as the founder of the Kraken's Fist back in Athkatla, and half expected a similar response here.  His eyes settled on the Captain to see if he noticed or cared.

After a pause, Cuss offered, "Rakerath sounded like a trap or an opportunity, me thinks.  If the ranger they mentioned is who we think it might be, then mayhaps that is our path while we have it.  We could send to the Soulwood for help from the Elves."  Cuss looks to Jehuty, saying, "I can't rightly stand by and let the Spirit of Gold be looted and we can't be letting the City meet this threat by surprise."  Cuss sighs and dips his head, then looks to the others, "But we know the success of our quest is much more important than whatever fate may fall upon Imnascar."  Cuss frowns and turns back to Jehuty, "I wish we could explain, but might be if we can take the towers by surprise we'll turn his host back over the pass."

Thinking on Kellar's plan, Cuss's eyes widen while he is scratching his chin, and he interrupts somebody to ask, "Dwan!  Do ya still have that pink water I gave ya?"

Cuss offers an alternative for discussion.  Sending Jehuty back to the city and turning for the pass to find the other Hale, maybe get help from the Elves if they are close enough, and infiltrate a tower.  Maybe we can take some Cyric priests hostage, or steal some of the artifacts they have collected.  If we take a tower, we can ask Murann to help us seal this side of the pass while Amn hammers Sothis on the other side.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

Kellar thought a moment while Dwan spoke with Jehuty. "Master Dwarf, perhaps you could speak with the wildlife and get them to move from the wilderness. The fire would consume them. Less food for the ogres," he said.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Osvald looks down upon the amassed forces below, a stern scowl set upon his jaw--a glimmer of fear plays across his eyes. This army was vast, and they would be too conspicous amidst such hulking forms: their disguises would be useless. Osvald had hoped they may be able to strike at the army command, disrupt the attack, but now deemed that task impossible... The ranger pulls his horse around to face him companions:

"Kellar and Dwan are right, Jehuty. This force will crush Imnescar into dust. A seige might resist them for a time, but the city is doomed--I am sorry. We must go now, and save all we can. They'll be at the walls by tomorrow night, no later."

Osvald thinks to the mountain road, clutching precariously to the side of the cliff... If only Shorjahl were with them... Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he listens to Kellar, Cuss', and Dwans suggestions.

"Artims, send word to the Trois Pistoles, let them know what's coming and have them warn the city. Begin the evacuation immediately, have the city guard press all merchant vessels into service to ferry people away. Jehuty is there a code word or phrase he can send along that the guard will listen to? Action needs to start now, the city can't wait for you to ride back." Osvald locks eyes with the cleric. "How long would a full evacuation take? The safety of the people must be our first priority... All efforts should go to getting them to safety, building traps might waste valuable time, what resources does the guard have on hand?"

"You lot may not like this but... Here is what I suggest. Jehuty, I am sorry, we are but 5 warriors, this city will fall even with our help. I know it is your home, so I will not ask you to ride with us but... I say we back track, a half nights ride along the mountain pass. Cut into the wood, and circle back east, through the high range--let this army pass below us. Then we would be free to roam the teeth unmolested, we know our disguises work well enough, and all the bands we've encountered are simple labourers, few true fighters among them, I am confident we'd face little trouble. Then, free to move about behind the Cryscist lines, we can find my cousin and pursue our true goal--you know what fate lies ahead if we fail." The ranger pauses. "I know it seems cold to leave Imnescar to its fate, but this tide will wash over it, with or without us. We can do much, much more if we continue on. Press behind enemy lines, disrupt them from within. We have the Krakens Fist, and the Trois Pistoles. They can be our eyes and ears on the front. Should the situation change, we ride for the sea and meet them. Until then, I see our goal as unchanged... Jehuty, we need not ride with us--Imnescar will need strong men to organize her people after the escape."

The grizzled fighter seems worn, he sits low in the saddle, but his face is set. The fear in his eyes has coalesced into fire.

If none object, Osvald will take them back along the mountain path.

Osvald speaks to looks to the blue and gold warrior and the stout dwarf; "Kellar, Dwan: could we use these explosive arrows to trigger a small landslide at the cliff once we pass it? It won't stop the army, but any time we can but the evacuation is precious. I'll rely on your knowledge of siegecraft and stonework to choose the best place, if you see such a location."
=====

Osvald will wait and hear the others suggestions and thoughts.

If they are all in agreement, Osvald will spur his horse ahead, back down the mountain path to circle into the woods and re reemerge to the rear of the Ogre Army.

Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Cuss pulls his necklace of charms from under his faded smock and feels for the symbol of Waukeen.  He closes his eyes, thinking, I'm sorry, My Lady.  First the Five Coins were threatened, and now the Spirit of Gold.  I swear I'll see it restored fit for your glory should they so much as scratch a stone wall.  Guide us.  Help us stop Cyric before he wipes all of your followers from this realm.

Opening his eyes, now teared, Cuss nods to Osvald, and spurs his Ass to follow.

He turns in the saddle to face Dwan, "It's up to you iffen ya want to give em the Pink water to poison Sothis's host with.  I'll not judge you weak for not wishing that Curse on them.  Might be no-one deserves such a fate, and mayhaps we'll need it to change yours, no?"

Turning back to the trail and his stubborn donkey, Cuss moves his hand from Agata's holy pendant to his Kraken's Fist.  He thinks of Pelegar, 'It's Thickett.  Sothis's army has gathered in the Lion's Pass and marches for Imnescar.  His numbers have grown.  He commands over a thousand Ogres among other beast in his host.  Spread the word.  This is the greatest threat of our time.  If ya see my sister, send her my love.'

Cuss whistles at Dwan to get his attention again, "Not that long ago I helped another of ya kind crumble a stone door large enough to crush an Ogre. If ya can help me spot where to drive pitons in the gaps, might be with a lit arrow or two, we can block the pass as Hale suggested, no?"

Cuss can roll Thieves tools proficiency with slight of hand as before to fall rocks above the ledge if need be.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Kellar listened to Lord Hale. "Okay. I'm with you, Osvald. We ride about like you said. Collapse the pass behind us as best we can. I'll do my part," he said.

Kellar dropped from his horse and raised his hands. "I think using the cold to make the rocks more brittle with the cold," he said. He approached the jagged rock and put his hands upon it.

"Vilzriquath," he said as the air grew cold and he could see his breath in the air. "Give me a few minutes. This should help the rock crumble," he said.

Kellar casts Ray of Frost. It is considered an action. Action in a round is 6 seconds. All things considered, he uses the spell for about 10 minutes.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Jehuty stands silent, staring down into the vast valley of the pass. His eyes are glazed, his blond hair slacked to his face with sweat and dirt.

“It is as you say. Imnascar will fall.”

He clears his throat, reaching down and resting his hand on the hilt of his mace.

“But not without a fight. However small.”

Jehuty nods to you, his mind evidently cleared.

“By now, the outriders will have reached the gate. The city will be warned, at least. It will take my word and testament to send them in evacuation. And, I know not of your quest, but I have seen your character. Your judgment must be sound.”

He looks once more at the ogres, his knuckles tightening around the reins of his horse.

“I will ride for Imnascar and warn them. We will not meet again, but you have my eternal gratitude, fellowship.”

Jehuty tosses the Kraken’s Fist pendant back to Dwan, turning his horse round.

“Helm watch over you.”

With that, the steadfast cleric kicks into his horse, riding into the darkened treelike and disappearing from view.

[…]

[Nightal 10th, The Small Teeth]

It is the dawn of the second day, since Jehuty departed.

The sun is rising over the small teeth, brilliant jewel-toned trees around a nearby lake appearing through the purple fog that lifts from these gravelly peaks.

A raven caws from a tree-limb overhead, high above your modest campsite. The horses snort, rousing you from your slumber upon the dew-laden ground.

Last night’s fire has burned down into the faintest of coals, and a fierce chill pervades the morning. Your skin is wet. So are your clothes.

Kellar’s head still aches, from the fervent spell casting he performed back in the Lion’s Pass…

The blasts had gone off well-timed, Kellar and Osvald spreading them out on a fierce ledge above the lip of the Lion’s Pass. Shoal and gravel had exploded into the air, fragments of rock still-frozen from Kellar’s wizardry showering fifty feet into the air.

And then, enormous veins of friction had reverberated down into the rock, deeper than you had anticipated. You had been forced to run, for the cliffside began to collapse at a rate that nearly had you tumbling with it.

The crash was enormous, as the boulders spread out like a dustbowl in the mouth of the pass. And when you looked, you could see that your job had been effective.

Warhorns and ogres had mounted, charging for the new barricade that stood in the way of their army. And when they had seen what had happened, their numbers had spread into the wood below, undoubtedly clambering up the cliffside to find and quarter you.

But you were long gone by then.

[…]

Yesterday, you had seen several patrols of Cyric in your travels.

Men and orcs, mostly. But some gnolls as well, though the foul beasts were usually loyal to Yeenoghu and not the Mad God.

Your disguises had gone much as they had before. The riders bought the ruse, though certainly some were more suspicious than others. One such encounter in particular, around the bend of a narrow stream in the midst of a soaring chasm, nearly came to blows.

It was a young, fiery tiefling that had stopped you. Sharper than most, and unsure of your origins. He seemed chiefly concerned in your keeping company with a dwarf.

“An’ wot’ dwarf, blessed of Muradin an’ the other fool gods, follows Cyric, friend o’ the Duergar? It seems we ‘ave a band o’ infiltrators here, boys.”

But the rest of his cadre had merely sighed. It seems the tiefling played the paranoid, and they paid him no mind. Some quick words on the part of Custer, name dropping Keisan, quickly dispatched them. So much so, that they even oriented you by way of Rakerath Pass, in a hasty effort to depart the heated scene.

And so, that way you rode.

[…]

You look out from your campsite, across a glassy lake that sits idle and peaceful in the morning mist.

A flock of birds flutter lazily over the emerald water, casting shadows that play amidst its surface and guide your eyes across, to Rakerath pass.

The pass is an hour or two away, by horse. A vast beach of auburn gravel and mossy crags circles around the circumference, into a tangle of tree-topped peaks ahead.

Deeper inland, however, the woods thicken into a nearly impassable thicket. Impossible to maneuver with horses, but certainly less obvious, should your approach be noted from the pass.

======================

ok guys, you’re approaching Rakerath Pass. Theres a small lake in between you and it, and you can circle on the beach (riding your horses, or with them in tow), or you can take to the forest and approach more stealthily…but it will take you longer, and you’ll have limited visibility of anything, anyplace, or anyone that dwells within.

EXP: +20

Chapter Four - Page 4 Morning_mist_by_ferdinandladera-d6kl3hm
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Earlier...

"J-j-just about.... done. B-Be, r-ready," Kellar said as he shivered. The pulses of ice flowed from his hands into the mountainside. The rock had begun to crack and expand. The horses crossed the path set before them and shied away from the blue man turning the air cold and crisp. Kellar stepped away from where his hands were upon the rock and nodded to Osvald. "Your turn. It looks and sounds like this area expanded. I felt the rock crack deep within," he said.

Kellar turned away as Osvald set the arrows on points he knew were weakened. He watched Jehuty's visage get smaller and smaller as he rode back for Imnescar. Safe travels, cleric. Osvald set the arrows and his companions crossed the area and Osvald loosed an arrow. Fzzt. THWOK!

KRAKA-THOOOM!!!!

A cloud of stone, ice and dust exploded out into the pass. Kellar looked on in awe, as the side of the mountain crumbled and gave away. The landslide grew wider and more parts of the mountain came crashing down. "GO! GO! GO!" he shouted. Boulders and shale came tumbling down beside, over them and through them. The horses ran for their very lives, with their Masters on their backs, kicking at them. Osvald led them down the path until they reached a lake.

Present...

"Lord Hale, which would you prefer? Out in the open, with the water flanking us, or in the treeline," Kellar asked. He fed Orbaugh a ration and he ate as well. Orbaugh stretched and rolled in the sand a bit, he had been cooped up on the horse for most of the ride. We'll have to ride again some more, Orbaugh. But we will find a soft bed and a place to rest soon enough. Kellar felt the purr from Orbaugh at the thought of a warm, comfortable place.

"Not bad, Custer. I thought for sure that Tiefling rat would have been trouble for us," he said. He ruffled Custer's hair and spoke with Dwan next. "Dwan, how are you doing?" He waited for a response before moving on to talk with Artimus. "The Pistol may very well be the saving grace of Imnescar. All the glory for your ship, and their captain rides into the jaws of Sothis. Makes for a great tale, should we make it out of this," he said. He patted Artimus on the shoulder. "The Pistol will wait for the captain. Your crew will save lives, I'm sure of it," he said.

Kellar felt the cool air wash over him. He looked down at his hands and the golden scales shimmered lightly over them. "Whichever way we go, I'll follow," he said as more golden scales covered the surface of his armor and skin. (Kellar casts Blade Ward) He encouraged his horse forward, following whomever took the lead.

Actions:

Kellar used Blade Ward for the ride moving forward, whichever direction that may be.
Appropriate Stealth and Disguise Rolls here: 10+5= 15- Stealth; 20+3= 23- Disguise

Last edited by Kellar on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 pm

'D20' : 10, 8, 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Sighing, Cuss busied himself with shaking the morning dew from his cloak, blanket, and hammock.  Almost everything was soaked and would have to be hauled wet.  His back already groaned complaints at the prospect of the added water weight, but Cuss's mind worried of his black leather armor.  It was treated and sealed, but every time it got wet, there was a chance that the moister would seep in and weaken the material as it had his last.  

Between bites of mixed nuts and dried fruit, he swabbed at his armor with a damp cloth.  He'd not get it dry, but at least he could wipe the beaded excess water away.  He was happy to have at least one set of dry small clothes in the middle of his pack to wear underneath.  A small blessing, but one all the same he thought as he looked out across the lake to the pass beyond.  The beauty of this land was without question, and it betrayed the danger that lurked within.  It encouraged his mind to wander as he continue his tasks of preparing to mount up.  

Being from the city, he'd never considered the life of the ranger a glamorous one, but the prospect of sudden death out here had started to change his perceptions.  He thought of how K'Tesh looked, leaned up against the side of Traviens down a dark alley in Esmeltaran.  Covered in the shit stained cloth of a beggar.  Destined to rot in the ruins and sewers of a city sacked.  Then, he thought of Uru, the Orc shaman that had saved them once.  When they last saw him, he was injured and running from those in his own clan that were determined to see his last breath.  What if he had died somewhere up here, in these mountains?  His body nourishing this land seemed a much more fitting tomb than, say, the jaws of Old Joe below the streets of Custer's home.

Cuss was drawn away from his thoughts by the sound of Kellar talking to Osvald between bites of his ration.  They spoke of the path ahead, a topic he was more than eager to offer an opinion on.  "Before we go making plans, we knee be considering Hale's kin.  If he's out here, he'd no sooner approach us than any other Cyricist patrol unless it were to slit our throats and leave us to the wolves, yeah?  That being said, me thinks approaching the pass in the open without our costumes would be asking for the wrong type of welcome.  We be needing em to get in the towers most like, anyhow, no?"  He hoped Osvald had a solution.  Some way to call out to his cousin that wouldn't give away their cover.

Kellar walked over and reached for his head.  Smiling under ruffled hair, Custer laughed and flailed a hand to shoo away the assault.  "Aye, the rat was trouble.  I 'spect we count ourselves lucky he's not our trouble, yeah?"  He kissed two fingers and laid them upon Waukeen's symbol, then pointed them to the sky in a sign of respect for his patron Lady of Luck.

Cuss listened closely as Kellar asked Dwan of his health and mood.  The dwarf had been much quieter of late than what was considered normal, but no one knowing would consider his situation normal.  The blight shone brilliant shades of pink and red as it spread and swelled.  It had to be painful.  Cuss wondered how long it'd be before the druid would be drawn into the madness promised by this 'magical curse.'

---------

The donkey put up much less struggle than expected when Cuss saddled him to ride. Cuss stroked the animals mane and spoke to it, "I know me and yous have our differences, but we gonna get through this by workin together, me an you, yeah?" As the Donkey turned its head, probably to bite at Cuss, he held out an apple. The Ass stopped, it's eyes changing shape as it focused on the fruit. It bounced its head once and then stretched its jaw open to accept the gift. Oiy, it's a trap. "Catch," Cuss said as he lobbed the apple into the gaping mouth.

Cuss nearly slipped twice when he tried to mount up. The morning moister made the stirrups slippery, and his own gear heavier on his back. When he finally got comfortable, he looked to the rest of the party to find Kellar covered in the same golden scales that he had conjured when charging into battle to protect Jehuty's riders. Instinctively, Cuss ducked and looked to the woods, expecting a threat. "What is it? What do you see?"

He turned a dark shade of red when he realized his mistake. It was half from embarrassment having shown fear, and anger having been fooled. "Eh, forget it. Kell, How ya doing that, anyhow? It's like Shorjahl's with ya, no? Is it Orbaugh, or did you go catching that demon without us?"

---------

Cuss will also continue to follow Osvald's lead, though not without his own opinions.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Custer wrote:"What is it? What do you see?"

He turned a dark shade of red when he realized his mistake. It was half from embarrassment having shown fear, and anger having been fooled. "Eh, forget it. Kell, How ya doing that, anyhow? It's like Shorjahl's with ya, no? Is it Orbaugh, or did you go catching that demon without us?"

"I don't see anything out of sorts. It seems my scales shimmer and harden when I am thinking on a threat." Kellar thought for a moment as he looked down at his hands again. "Something happened. I'm not sure what exactly. Something with Osvald, something with my curse and something from Shorjahl's passing perhaps? I haven't had the time to speak with Lord Hale about his actions when I fell." Kellar watched the golden shimmer fade and the scales began to fall away like leaves in autumn. The reflected softly off the still water of the lake.

"I have a feeling that Shorjahl did something in his last moments, somehow passed his magicks to me. That can be my only explanation for the fire you see now." He opened his hand and showed his palm to Custer. A soft orange flame sparkled into existence, it was surrounded by golden scales. "The touch of the dragon is at odds with the new found abilities you see now." He produced ice in his other palm and showed that to Custer as well. "When we rested at the Inn, my body changed over night. The soothsayer had noticed it as well, but could not make sense of it. I consider them gifts." The flame and ice faded from his hands and he felt the golden scales return over the surface of his armor and skin. "It would seem that these scales provide a means of resistance from many things. When we fought the Orcs and their warband, it certainly stopped a strike that would have cut another person in half."

"Orbaugh has made comment on my new abilities, and I have also made sure he wasn't left out. That is why he wears the chainmail now." He rubbed Orbaugh's head. "Maybe Shorjahl is still helping us in his own way. Osvald's blessing may have had something to do with defenses. The dragon's curse has increased in strength, it affects my own now." Kellar turned away and looked out toward the water. There were many questions left unanswered, both by the living and the dead. Andrianna. Be safe.

Last edited by Kellar on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One sentence.)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Cuss looks from Kellar's turned head to his own open palm.  He wiggled his fingers, trying to summon ice or fire, but only managed to look foolish.  He thought of the statue in the Red Hand's tower.  As the visage of Mystra filled his mind, the stone eyes blinked and then shone through him.  In an instant, the thought was gone and his mind was left blank.  He stared his open hand, then back to Kellar.

"I doan know many that would count gifts from a curse, but I've never met someone quite like ya, either.  Whatever it came from, ya control of it is uncanny, no?  It's a part of ya.  In ya blood."

As the group heads out, Cuss begins to add voice to his other contemplations.  "Seein as how these Cyricist and Sothis are workin together, me thinks we need to find a way to drive a wedge between em.  Mayhaps even get them fightin each other, yeah?  I've been thinking on what that tanner said on how Sothis is looking for ancient power.  We know Cyric wants the same.  Might be they both want the same thing, and they are planning to steal it from each another, no?  Might be we can make them think it's so.  What would the Cyricist do if they thought Sothis already had what they want, but was keeping it hidden from them?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Custer wrote:"I doan know many that would count gifts from a curse, but I've never met someone quite like ya, either. Whatever it came from, ya control of it is uncanny, no? It's a part of ya. In ya blood."

Kellar watched Custer twiddle his fingers with his palm toward the sky. "I can't explain it or understand what has happened. I know that when I think of a threat or want to attack, my body reacts to my thoughts and makes it happen." He closed his fist and made a javelin made of frost appear in his hand. "See? I thought of throwing a javelin, and this grew from my hand. I suppose you are right, perhaps it is in my blood." He stuck the javelin in the sand and nodded thoughtfully. "It is a part of me, it is in my blood. I hope it is enough to carry us through whatever comes next." Slowly, the golden shimmer reappeared over his body. He mounted his horse and prepared to move out with the rest.

Custer wrote:"What would the Cyricist do if they thought Sothis already had what they want, but was keeping it hidden from them?"

Kellar shook his head slightly. "A force that large would not risk an internal power struggle. If they were divided like that, they would not have been able to mount such a force and roam the land as freely as they have. The riders we crossed paths with are an attest to my thoughts. An internal struggle would see more deserters than anything else. I believe they are still seeking what is lost to them. These men and orcs are still driven by their thirst for power. The allure of gold is starting to fade. Did you see the resolve of their men? It was pitiful. Sheer numbers is how they are moving and attacking at-will." Kellar waited for the others to respond to his thoughts before her continued.

"We have a chance at disrupting their plans by finding what they seek. An army without leadership that has the power to instill fear is not an army. They would be like a smithy without a forge. Wandering aimlessly." He broke a ration apart and fed Orbaugh and himself as they trotted along. He thought a bit longer on the subject. "When we find Osvald's kin, I pray he has information for us about their movements." Kellar spoke no further and waited for the others to provide their input.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Osvald stares out across the serene lake, cold and serene. Spidering tendrils of frost crept in the shadows at the waters edge. Osvald chews his hard tack morning ration in silence, eyes shadowed by the dewy boughs of an ancient tree.

It felt good to be back in the mountains, but the ranger knew in his heart the serenity of the valley was a false veneer over the chaos which had overtaken his homeland.

The others were stirring, Cuss and Kellar talking while they broke camp and prepared their mounts for travel.

Osvald takes one last long look out over the water before sighing softly and joining the others in travels preparations.

"In truth Kellar, I can't say what role my healing words had in your transformation. They are old beyond measure, and I doubt many still live that know from whence their power flows. Admittedly, I wield them with little knowledge beyond that, but I have never known them to cause harm, only repair. In the wild one learns to not harp on unknowable possibilities and simply accept things for the way they are. I... I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful."

As they break camp, Osvald will ask Artimus on the status of the Trois Pistoles and the evacuation.

When they are all geared and ready, Osvald will mount up, and lead his horse along the Lakeshore trail.

Osvald scans the treeline vigilantly on both sides of the lake as they advance along it's curving shore. Looking for foe... And kin.

As they go, Osvald suddenly begins to sing, quite loudly, a song a few of their party recall... From a rain-soaked night that now seemed so very long ago:

“Oh of love, so fickle.
There once was, a flame.
Three hundred years ago.

In the mountains to the south. The small teeth. Home of,
Ferocious men and monsters.

The valiant Clan of Hale, and its master Ausen.
Warriors of the golden lands,
Protectors of the mountains.
Slayers of orc and ogre.
They tamed the land to their liking, and took what they would in honourable battle.

And yet, the Seluneruan elves of the Soulwoods,
did denounce their just and merciless crusade.
Their lord Baroei,
Unfamiliar and rent with hatred for the race of man.

But, his prized and cherished daughter.
Elorai,
Watched as orc and beast waned from her homeland.
And her heart fell to Ausen Hale
as did the hordes of the mountains.

But Baroei was enraged, and would not allow their union.
Sweet as it was.

And so, Elorai drowned in her affections, and her broken heart.
For the will of her people is strong.
Until a guardian of her grove,
The unicorn Maleil,
Blessed her with a gift.

Her horn."

=====

Osvald breaks camp and leads the group along the exposed path, singing aloud the elf-maidens song about his family, hoping his cousin will recognize the tune...

Good to be back!
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Four - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Four - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Mist rolls off the lake, as your mounts trot cautiously through the rocky, sandy beach. The rolling, craggy foothills of the pass are choked with conifer trees that create a veil of secrecy further inland, but your path is open and exposed to the mountain-well lake and the pass further ahead.

Birds - Amnian Ducetts- caw overhead as they swoop high atop the water. Osvald watches them as he sings, waiting for them to dive in and scoop up fish with their fiery red-and-white plumage. But they merely hang lazily in the sky, passing into the forest and disappearing from sight.

Custer and Kellar keep their eyes pointed in the direction of the pass, looking for movement. But the jagged hills are silent, and eerily devoid of fauna.

Through these last days in the mountains, since Jehuty departed, you’ve seen wolves and deer aplenty. But on this beach, and through these woods, only the smallest of birds have made their presence known.

The steady plodding of your mounts scrapes rock and thuds through wet sand, the water lapping at their hooves as you circle the lake…

[…]

After an hour or so, the beach becomes quite rocky. The ground is uneven, and so your progress slows as the horses find their footing.

Water runs between the small crevices between the rocks, a brilliant shade of emerald.

You are close to its bank, perhaps ten feet or so away. To your east, the thick treeline is a hearty verdant green, illuminated by the sun burning away in the morning sky.

Custer holds up his hand, stopping Osvald’s tune abruptly as he senses something shift amidst the conifers. However slight - Custer detects the presence of something watching you…

A cursory look in the first few feet of forestry reveal nothing, however, and so you proceed along cautiously.

[…]

Another hour passes, and soon you find yourselves emerging from the beach into a grassy pasture upon the mountainside.

Now, the pass rises high above you, blocking the sun and cloaking you in a gentle shade. You are perhaps thirty more minutes of riding away from her mouth, where the land begins to slope upwards dramatically…and you ride toward it with swiftness of purpose.

Without warning, however, the trees part 1/10th of a mile to your west. From 100 strides, a band of seven hulking ogres emerge with bows and axes in hand. Their skin is grey, their faces fixed with white tribal markings that you recognize instantly - those of Clan Maul.

They move toward you, but not with haste. Clearly, your deceptive clothing is working…at least for now.

The lead ogre, wearing but furs around his rotund, sweaty chest, calls something out to you that sounds utterly unintelligible.

Any of you that speak orc realize that he is shouting a hailing of some sort - one that you do not know exactly how to respond to. It seems to be some sort of tribal passphrase, worded loosely in common like ‘Blades of grass!’ or ‘Blades of earth!’ or something like it.

They close to 80 strides, hailing you once more in the strange tongue. You can see them more clearly now, cradling their weapons and beginning to display their suspicions as they wait for an answer.

However, before you can do so, a silent black bird blurs from out of the treeline - a wicked black-plumed arrow.

Only those of you who are the most observant notice it, because within seconds it pierces through the back of an ogre’s neck with a disgusting *squelch* that echoes distinctly to your ears, even as the death cry of the beast follows it and its descent into the ground.

The mist of blood has scarcely begun to fall before the ogres startle, spinning to confront the threat in the treeline, and charging towards it with reckless abandon…

=======================

Ok lads, you’re about 300 feet away from the ogres and 360 from the treeline. It’ll take you about a minute of running across this jagged shoreline to reach them, should that be your intention.

(recap: ogres emerged from the treeline about 360 feet away, walked 60 feet hailing you, and then one got an arrow to the head from the treeline behind them, and they’ve turned to charge the unknown assailant.)

Your move. Stats up in the lair

(assume that should you choose to pursue them, you can (this post rotation) close on them and take action, or join them in their search)

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:48 pm

"Now, while they're distracted!" Kellar said as he removed his cloak and his golden shimmer reflected off the water in the crevices between the rocks. He removed his lance from his back and cradled it under his arm and he rode forward as fast as he could. "Wer Lance di vi Darastrix!" He closed the distance and found his first target. His lance found its mark in the first ogre (Surb) and penetrated the shoulder with a crunch! Attack Roll= 8+6=14; Success! Damage= 6+6+6= 18! The force of the blow rocked the ogre sideways as Kellar's lance was pulled and leveled at another ogre.

Kellar's horse kept a straight line as he found the next ogre (Tunka) and he aimed for its neck! Attack Roll= 12+6= 18; Success! Damage= 5+5+6= 16! The lance slivered in the target and protruded through the other side and staggered the ogre. He rode past the group of ogres and circled around again to attack again. He shouted to his companions. "BOX THEM IN! KEEP THEM OUT OF THE TREES!"

Actions:

Kellar moved forward and removed his cloak while doing so. He attacked two different ogres, softening their resolve.
Kellar will follow other orders if given by the group. If they would rather let them into the wood, he will pursue them into the wood.
Kellar will defer to Osvald if there is a complication in how we move forward.
Used Second Wind to attack twice, btw.

Last edited by Kellar on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:48 pm

#1 'D20' : 8

#2 'D20' : 12

#3 'D6' : 1, 6

#4 'D6' : 5, 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

As Kellar rushes past the Ogres striking two of them with his charge, Dwan rubs the side of his horse's neck to sooth it, his other hand grabbing at his scepter.

COVER YOUR EARS! Dwan Cries out as he raises the scepter to the air.

A dark mist starts to appear in the air above the ogres. More and more of the mist flows from the origin point to form a thick cloud. The hairs on Dwan's arms, and more visibly on his chin, start to raise up from the surrounding energy.

Dwan swings his scepter down as if slicing the air with an axe, a split second later a blinding bolt of lightning strikes the ground between the two injured Ogres. The ground blasts up from the strike and the ogres muscles jolt and spasm from the the strike.

==================================
Dwan uses Call Lightning and focuses the strike next to the two injured ogres. No ailments just damage, placing in lair.

Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Osvald’s Song and verse lingered in the mist dancing across the water, muting as it pirouetted into the trees and arc'd sharply to the dusky heavens,  calling to the Gods.

But it was the ears of abominations that it sang to first.

The true size of the trundling hulks as they bent over tree's-- no mere saplings, prompted each to hold their breath, or hang loose faced and gaped.

These things were of a kind that would gnaw head from body, while another busily ripped arm from leg as a man might pull apart a roasted hen.

It was a blessing that the horse's blinders kept their mounts from spying the brutes appearance.

One Orge barked out what sounded like rocks in the mouth of a wild bore. Orcish,  something short… a question.. a greeting? The language was gutteral and lacked the kind of inflection that marked a question.

The pale nameless steed shook at the sound, The mariner eased the creature with a steady hand on the neck.

They called again, angrier this time. Moving well out of the treeline.

Artimus looked down, stroaking the neck of his mount, his heart hoping one of his lot would venture a guess, Osvald's people tracked the mountainous ranges  in the north, where the grey orc poured out of rim of the spine of the world.

He did not see the arrow make it’s mark, did not see it’s black fetching.

He Heard Kellar's voice call out.

"Now, while they're distracted!"

Then Dwan's

COVER YOUR EARS!

then a flash of light – followed by thunderous crash. KA-FOOOM

Artimus looked up through blurred vision and ringing ears to piece together what looked like the six figures turning back to the treeline...

Their  exposed backs were an invitation most rare, one that Artimus and his blade would gladly accept. He leaned into the pale blue steed beneath him inciting movement to replace the calm. He planted his boots firmly into the horse’s flanks, urging it into a canter.

Certainty had become a luxury in his and his companions live. Too quickly had he strayed  his life at sea which seemed simple now by comparison, plying his skill as successful somewhat reputable business man. Moving from his dealings aboard the Trios Pistoles, and the Kraken’s Fist; (admittedly of somewhat questionable legality and arguable morality) into this undertaking. To a path that had the death of  nations in the balance.

As the chaos of the larger situation continued to rise, so did the feeling that they was no longer in control of his fate, plotting a course through a current, as much as he was being swept along with it.

Did I see the rocks, Have I sailed too far. Did I build this ship to wreck?

The impressive creature that carried him broke into a gallop Artimus pulled on the reins urging it to left in an effort to wrangle the furthest ogre on the far flank.  Closing on his mark the mariner drew his ebony blade from it’s rest extending the blade to the air , pausing a moment then inverting it behind his back in a strange murderous pirouette. With a wild flourish he launch a wide overhand slash across the Ogre’s neck. The trundling mass of  ugly land burden stumbled towards the grouping or ogres  it's gate widening as it's slow mind acknowledged the spinal damage. The pale horse bucked at the sight of the monstrosity up close... or the smell. He squeezed the Imnescarian saddle bracing himself  with the zeal of a linesman about to be thrown overboard.

As they landed he swung wildly, connecting accross Dups side, crossing back where Artimus imagine a kidney might rest. Or whatever foul contents comprised such a creature. the swift and heavy blow push the sundered Ogre  even further into the cadre of mongoloid massive forms.

Even as the blade struck, Artimus couldn't help shake the feeling that he was as flea, biting the back of a bear. An annoyance to be scrubbed off with an errant rub against an oak, should his mild irritation even be registered.

Still he would bite, jaw clenched, spirit defiant.

Inébranlable

=============================
Hit,Hit 2 skill checks str 16 or be pushed- artimus is hoping to push Dup into Surb and Oolaga.

Expend 2 superiority dice
Attacking Dup, assumed to be on the far left
Reacting to pushing attack 16 str or be pushed  15 feet x2
Attack 1 Standard + pushing attack  (15 feet)
Attack 2 Standard attack + pushing attack  (15 feet)

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:27 am; edited 16 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:46 pm

'D20' : 15, 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:32 am

He kept his eyes on the Ogres as he spoke to Osvald from the corner of his mouth.  "What are they saying?"  He asked, but he'd barely finished the question before one fell to the arrow of an unknown ally.  When the Ogres all turned for the wood, Cuss though for a brief moment that they would escape to the pass unnoticed.  As Kellar's black cloak fluttered to the ground, so to did any hope of avoiding confrontation.  

"HuunnKey!" cried the donkey.  

Cuss reached over his back, and released his father's light crossbow from its tie.  The distance was too far for Olc and Maith to be of any use, and he was of no mind to charge into a war party of Ogres atop a donkey.  

As he draws back the string to load, Cuss talks to the weapon.  "Cursed, she called ya.  Iffen it be true, now's the time to be sharing it with those big fellas, yeah?"

He looked up to spot a target, and watched Kellar spear two, his golden scales shinning brilliantly as he galloped past them into the trees and circled back around.

Cuss uncorked a vial of poison, and carefully dipped his bolt in.  He asked those still near him, "Whys he wanna keep em out of the trees?  I spect anything up the pass can see all this, no?"

He leveled the loaded bow to take aim.  The Ogres were turning and heaving weapons to engage Artimus as his dark blade danced along the back of the far left.

Cuss aimed for the one that had spoken as they approached.  Nervous about the distance, he narrowed his eyes and held his breath, then pulled the trigger.

[Target: Oolaga.  Light Crossbow range 320 at disadvantage.  Advantage for Assassinate cancelled out. +6]

Thrumm sang the string as the bolt screeched high into the air to begin the long journey. Cuss watched it as he lowered the bow and reached for its stirrup. Just before it made it to the target, Cuss's vision turned a brilliant blue and the air around him pounded into his ears.

"HuunnKey! HuunnKey!" the donkey cried, but Cuss could only hear a sharp ringing noise.

--------------------

Cuss is standing his ground 10 feet from the shore next to Dwan. He took a poisoned bolt shot assassinate shot at the leader.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:32 am

'D20' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 am

As they clomp along, Osvald sings and his mind drifts back to another season, another quest, another lifetime.

He's pulled roughly back into the moment as the hulking figures come crashing into their path...

"I..." He tries to make out their tongue, "They..." Cuss's voice cuts sharp in his ear...  The tongue was familiar yet foreign... Like a girl he'd once had once many  summers before and now revisited again... Strange but not wholly un--'THWAP' A black whisper comes screaming out of the woods and Osvalds face lights up as his jaw sets instantly into a grin.

'Finally...'

Before he can utter a word, Kellar has burst beyond them, into the meat of the foe.

'Gods be damned if he isn't the bravest man I've known.' The ranger's grin grows as he sporrans his mount onward, sensing innately his companions doing the same--though he cuts back to the left slightly. Trusting his horse to match it's herd's pace, Osvald focus's on drawing his bow, and levelling it at the charging ogres...

As the arrow-point comes into sight, Osvald is forced to shift his aim twice a Kellar, then Artimus crash into the enemy line with the force of a tidal wave. His grins only spreads--They were growing stronger, swifter, better... Finding a target, Osvald parts his lips to speak an old and sacred curse, just as Dwans voice echoes across the field! Cursing heartily, the ranger tucks his ear into his shoulder as the wave rolls over him in a concussive, brutal moment.

The echo still bouncing off the peaks in the distance, Osvald raises his bow, and--finally--fires.

=====

4+11=15, HIT, 8+11=19, HIT.

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 4, 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:19 pm

A murder of crows lift out of the woods beyond, the gnarled, twisted pines shuddering as the ogres bellow in response to your treachery.

“MAGUSTAHHR” shouts the largest of them, a murderous, frothing curse in the Orcish tongue.

The ogres spin, their immense girth undulating as they ready bows and axes, shouting angrily as Kellar and Artimus ride through their flank…

Artimus is swung off-course as his target braces itself, snarling at the lithe riders’ push.

[STR check (dup) x2 vs. being pushed; passed and passed]

The ogre turns round, raising his axe high and swiping at Artimus’ mount brutally…

[(dup); 12 great axe damage to Artimus’ mount; Artimus can elect to take the damage instead]

Kellar circles round on his mount, as the two ogres he spited lunge for his mount. The dragoon is caught off-kilter, as the muscular beasts swing their axes...

[{Oolaga vs. Kellar’s mount; hit; 12 damage}; Kellar may take it instead.]
[{Surb vs. Kellar’s mount; hit; 9 damage}; Kellar may take it instead.]

Osvald watches the melee from the outskirts, holding his bowstring even as he watches another black-fletched arrow soar from within the treeline.

[Black arrow vs. Tunka. - 22 damage - dead]
The ogre collapses, a thick mist of blood hailing his defeat. With an enormous crash, he skids into the hard-packed ground, the mortal wound leaking upon rock and mud.

The remaining ogre raises his bow, firing at the riding huntsman...
[One attack (Mok) vs. Osvald; Hit]
[4 damage to OSvald]

The arrow buries itself in Osvald’s armour, scraping against his ribcage like a thorn…
====================
Ok guys, one ogre down - Mok, Dup, Oolaga and Surb still standing.
Mok is removed from the action, firing arrows. Oolaga and Surb are engaged with Kellar, and Dup is engaged with Artimus.
Art & Kell, need to decide if those attacks are going to your mounts or to you personally
Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

KRAKOOOM!!!!!

The thunder and lightning roared as Kellar circled around with his horse. The two ogres he struck were bearing down on him.

REACTION! (Kellar casts Shield)

Kellar raised his arm and the golden scales flowed to the front of the horse and pulled him forward. The scales splashed and fell away as Kellar absorbed the damage from the ogres trying to eviscerate his mount. (Blade Ward grants Resistance- received 10 damage) More golden scales shimmered from his armor and moved across the surface like water. Part of his left side bled and mixed with the scales and gave off a green tint.

"Try harder!"

He raised his lance and attacked again, targeting the leader Oolaga. He struck true. Attack Roll= 13+7= 20; success! Damage= 3+6+7= 16! The ogre began choking prior to Kellar attacking, he found a weak spot. Custer. He poisoned him. He twisted the lance as he rode past both the ogres, feeling the ozone of Dwan's attack wash over his skin. "Again, Master Dwarf!" He kicked his horse to ride faster and circled about.

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

#1 'D20' : 13

#2 'D6' : 3, 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Moving blue shadows coalesced back into the large grey beast heaving axes into Kellar as he rode his lance into the leader.  His vision cleared, Custer finished slipping a new bolt into the flight groove of Lincoln's bow.  He aimed high, and fingered another shot high to arc the long distance across the field.  

[Disadvantage from range. Advantage from allied melee with target, Surb. +6]

Thrum!  

As the quarrel climbed, Cuss dropped the bow across his lap and covered his ears.  He looked to Dwan, then past up into the pass.  He strained in attempt to see if their combat had drawn the eyes or ears of others in plain view, or if mayhaps the Ogres had friends on the way.  

[Perception +1]

HunnKey! the donkey cried, as it turned with Cuss's attention and started to gallop toward the pass.  

Cuss had to dive for the light crossbow as it shifted to fall with the sudden movement.  "Blast you asal boladh!"

Another long distance shot, this time for Surb.

And Meh Donkey

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 pm

#1 'D20' : 19

#2 'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:21 am

Artimus leaned into incoming blow letting it land on right side. The Axe stuck him on the shoulder shift bone and sinew. The chain saved his arm from being cleft apart but it did little to blunt the force.  he winced and as his vision flashed white and then red as the blow rolled him off his horse.

The mariner hit the earth with a slappthing thud that he parlayed into a kind of tumbling roll losng grip of his edge as he manoeuvred.

Artimus clamoured to his feet. wasting no time searching for the lost blade. He reached back to his mount - as a man approaching a pew to pray would-  for one of the Imnerscarian spears he wrought from the armory.

He snatched off the trappings of leather that held them in place and turned to face the brute, who dripped with bile and blood.

The beast was not hard to bite, twirling the  pole in his hands he stuck out once and again, as the Orge tried to advance, stepping left crossing foot over right as the spear lunged and danced.

=======================
2 standard attacks against Dup
attack 1 1d20 CRIT!  14 dmg
attack 2 1d20 12+6= 18 Hit 10 dmg

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 am; edited 8 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:21 am

#1 'D20' : 20, 12

#2 'D8' : 1, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:34 am

Dwan looks on from the distance and sees the ogres turn on his companions, Kellar and Artimus taking the brunt of the focus.

Again, Master Dwarf!

Hearing the cry from Kellar, Dwan raises his scepter back into the air. The air thickens and all of the hair on Dwan's body stands on edge.

Aiming at the two ogres combating Kellar, Dwan swings the scepter down and blinding light cuts the air and strikes behind the two ogres.  In an explosion of blood and dirt Dwan sees both ogres lifeless on the ground, one of their legs lies 50 feet away.

Only two left. Take them down boys!!!

===========
Call lightning strike 2, 15 damage each, two kills.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 am

Smoke billows off the backs of the fallen ogres, their flesh sizzling as Dwan’s unbridled, natural wrath steals the breath from their enormous, bloated chests.

Dup hefts his axe, blood spilling from numerous wounds as Artimus stabs deep into the folds of his stomach and appendages.

The ogre spits blood, foaming at the mouth as he descends upon the mariner in a suicidal blood frenzy…

[Dup vs. Artimus, Miss!]

The blows are clumsy, however, and Artimus easily turns them aside one after the other, pressing in for the killing blow…

Meanwhile, the last remaining ogre stares coldly at the slaughtering before him, shouldering his bow and turning immediately in the direction of the pass.

A black arrow sails out of the woods, striking into the ground as the ogre takes off running away from the scene.

His enormous mass crushes stone beneath him, as he charges across the craggy, moss-laden earth, retrieving a yellowed bone-horn from his side…

He lifts it to his lips…

==================

Ok guys, Dup is still engaged with Artimus, but Mok is retreating with haste. He’s moved sixty feet away from you guys, this round. He took a double move this turn, so your mounts will not catch him this round unless you take a double move - so you won’t be able to move and engage in melee.

You can, however, make ranged attacks against him of course.

He’s lifting an awful loud-looking horn to his lips. I’m sure there’s a reason for that…

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:05 pm

"Whoa! Slow!"  He tries to coax the donkey back under his control.  

HunnKey!  HunnKey! it argues, dashing faster toward the slope.

[Cunning action, dash.]

Cuss glances back to the battle, spotting the Ogre moving fast for the pass on pace with the donkey's gallop away from Dwan's lightning.  The distance between them had not closed, however.  The shot would be near impossible, but as the Ogre reached for a warhorn, Cuss knew he had to take it and hope for Luck's blessing.  

He dares to release his saddle horn to cock the light crossbow cradled in his left arm.  His balance sways as he slips a quarrel into the flight groove.  Right, left, up, and down.  The aim would be tricky at best.  Cuss fingers the trigger as he holds his breath.  

[Disadvantage from range.  +6]

Thrum!  The bolt soared high and forward, following the beast.  From the bouncing, Cuss could not see where it struck his target, but the squelching impact and grunt of pain from the Ogre was unmistakable.  

Cuss blew a kiss to the sky above.  Thank ya, me Lady.

-----

Donkey was already on the move for the pass.  He just moved faster.

Not sure what I can do to stop the horn blow with a ranged shot.  I'm guessing rolling to hit the horn or arm would just be disadvantage, but I already have that from the range, so I can't do it.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:05 pm

'D20' : 18, 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Kellar watched Custer fire after the ogre that sprinted away. He raised his lance toward the remaining ogre and charged. "Nomeno ui wer sulta!" (Translation: This is the end!" Attack Roll= 2+7= 9; Failure! Damage= NONE! Kellar's lance missed the mark, the blood from the ogre slicked the rocks. "I'm after the other one!" He kicked the horse forward, aware that the ogre he attacked would be focused on him as he rode.

Actions:
Kellar missed and continued on toward the remaining ogre.
Current HP: 33/43
Status Effects: None

Last edited by Kellar on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next