Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First MMORPG played, go.

5 posters

Go down

First MMORPG played, go. Empty First MMORPG played, go.

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:31 pm

First MMORPG played, go. Asheron's_Call_Coverart

Beta Tester in 1999, played until 2002, and sold out on ebay for almost $2k my freshman year of college.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue49/49First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue6/6First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

First MMORPG played, go. Empty Re: First MMORPG played, go.

Post  AnnaMaul Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm

The first MMO I played is probably Guild Wars. I spent about a year on it, but it eventually burned out.
AnnaMaul
AnnaMaul
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 17
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue24/24First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue2/2First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm

First MMORPG played, go. 19big

Dransik / (now) Ashen Empires

The install disc came in an issue of PC gamer back in 2000? Installed and got addicted. Played for years and years, on and off.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue1/1First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue0/0First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Spent ~a year in WoW just when it was first getting going, played a few months here and there of a bout a half dozen others. Never had a chance to play regularly enough to maintain a levelling pace with whoever I was playing with and, like Ao, once I got too far outstripped in XP, I felt left out and just called it quits. Love MMOs conceptually, but in practice I guess just find it hard to maintain a super regular gaming schedule able to devote a few hours a night. Life ya know?
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue41/41First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue4/4First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaMaul Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:51 pm

That is actually the main reason I don't play most MMOs. The refer a friend thing allows me to get something like 300% XP bonus when I'm playing with my friend though, and he gets the same bonus. And also if I passed him in levels I could grant him a number of levels equal to half of what I had earned up to that point. He referred me, and I referred another friend, so the three of us were able to run around and get a ton of levels pretty fast. I hit 90 in about a month and I'm hearing that's actually SLOW for WoW right now.

But yeah I mean I played Guild Wars 1 and 2, Rifts, Dungeon Runners(was honestly my favorite ever) and a number of other things. I think I preferred many of the Custom RPG maps on Warcraft 3 to most MMOs though.
AnnaMaul
AnnaMaul
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 17
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue24/24First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue2/2First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Hey all,

First MMO was Final Fantasy 11. Played for almost 8 years and then gave it up to finish school because it was a time sink. I moved onto Lord of the Rings Online, then Rift, then Guild Wars 2. That's been my MMO play so far, but I did just download Arche Age and have been waiting in queue for like a decade just to get on the server and create a character.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue49/49First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue6/6First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Arche Age looks fantastic. I'm currently embroiled in Destiny.

It's super cool.

What server do you play on in GW2 Kell? My wife and I are on Gates of Madness
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue1/1First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
First MMORPG played, go. Left_bar_bleue0/0First MMORPG played, go. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:56 pm

I play on Jade Quarry currently, it's been hit or miss when or how often I play. I'm only level 46 and I've had the game for about 7 months, so slow as it goes, most of my levels have come from farming and grinding crafts. I play ranger right now, I might do an alt character that does more heavy melee but I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll join you guys on your server with my alt? Let me know if that'd be cool with you.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 am

Yeah for sure man that would be awesome! I play Engi and my wife plays Ranger. Would be run to have you along!

We're only level 52 anyhow, and had the game for well over a year lol. We're pretty casual Smile just had a baby so on a bit of ahiatus but should be back soon.

Join us!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Looks like I need to save some cash to do the world transfer, it's like 2700 gems or whatever. I'll look into it, probably in a couple weeks I can do that. Tight budget right now.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Oh man major bummer! Well, we're on a bit of a break right now until we can get the little one to settle long enough to play for a bit lol. Save yer cash for now, I'll let you know when we're playing regularly!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:48 pm

I did make a guardian character to play with you guys, so it'd be fun when it does happen. i'll be working on his levels this week.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 am

That's wicked awesome!

-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum