Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+5
Shorjahl
Forgeless Kilik
Osvald Hale
Kellar
Ao
9 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Custer checks his crossbow to make sure it is tightly secured to his hip in its pouch, and walks over to his pack. He lifts and slings it over his shoulders, but before it can rest on his back he whimpers in pain, folding to favor the side K'Tesh dug into. Cuss stumbles back a couple of steps until the weight of the pack is against the wall, then slides down it to sit next to the Thug that isn't heaving. Cuss cradles his wound with his right hand this time, pulls it back, and inspects to find it clean. "Oiy, me thinks the bleeding stopped but it stings real deep like." Cuss flings his head over to rest on a shoulder, and catches the thug looking at him as Shorjahl is asking if he understood. "Don't pay me no mind." Cuss cuts his eyes to Shorjahl and back to the thug, "He'll slap ya to sleep then slap ya for sleeping." Cuss holds up his left arm, the hand still covered in a crust of blood, hoping that somebody would help him stand back up.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:27 pm

The ranger paces impatiently, grumbling to himself a ways up the alley, keeping watch down the approach.
His cloak pulled around him, he shoots a glance back towards the thugs still against the wall.

'What the hell is taking so long? We've tarried here too long...'

He sees Kellar bring Andrianna to her feet.

'At least our warrior woman and her tiny pal survived.'

When Cuss slumps against the wall, Osvald strides over and takes extended arm in his hand, and pulls the Halfling back to his feet.

"See if Killik can patch that slice up for you... I saw some healers salves and tools in K'teshs things as well. We should get off the streets soon as we can now. Shorjahl's plan is sound, let's take up the trail while the tracks are still fresh. Learn what we can from this lead then make our way back to the horses and a bed to sleep in."

He shoots a hooded glare at the thugs.

Speaking to 'Nate':
"You'll do as my friend asks. Take them in the back way to avoid wandering eyes on our injured friends."

Then to 'Acey':
"I'll accompany you inside the tavern through the front. I'll shadow you inside to ensure you don't get any clever ideas. Give us up, or try to slip something by me in thieves cant... and well..." Osvald grins and gestures to K'tesh, "...I'll drag your cold corpse out here to join our dark friend."

Standing tall, Osvald breathes onto his hands and feigns a little shiver.

"The night grows cold--come now fellows, be gents and show us inside."

====

Agree with Shorjahl's plan to have the party lead in the back way. Kellar and Killik carry the harpers while Shorjahl keeps an eye on the thug and Cuss remains out of sight.
Osvald will follow the other thug around front and shadow him into the tavern, using Hunters Mark to track him in case he tries to run/get lost in the crowd and then follow him upstairs to whatever private room/area the meeting will be in.

Pretty confident these guys are spooked by us, and won't try any funny business. We just bashed their boss to bits without breaking a sweat, let's just move on.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Cuss uses Osvald to get his feet under him, then straightens and lets go.  "Beh, its not the first I been bit.  Kilik frown at me, no?  I tend it inside."  Cuss moves towards the back door, hugging close to the shadowed walls of the alleyway.  As he listens to the footsteps all around him, he tries to think on Trevigne's to recall any detail he may have heard of the place over the years.

[Rolling stealth]
11 Cuss wobbles in and out of shadows, clearly distracted by his thoughts.

[Roll Int to recall]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm

[Rerolling 1 for Halfling's luck.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Kilik hoisted Geld to his feet, nodding to Osvald.

On yer feet then, an' let's see what our late friend's been up to...

-------------------------------

Actions:

Kilik assists Geld into the inn.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 am

Kilik lifts the gnome into his arms. The tiny wizard is breathing, but shallowly, and its clear that he is still deep in the throngs of the poison.

Andrianna, meanwhile, moans and gurgles as Kellar puts his shoulder under her arm. She leans against the dragoon with all of her weight, burying her muss of hair into the crook of his neck.

“Arron?” she says, slurring her speech, completely out of context.

And then, she turns and vomits in the street, hesitating for a minute afterward, before rejoining Kellar.

[…]

As Custer follows the others into the basement of Trevigne’s, he does his best to recall anything about the inn that he might know.

[Custer, INT results]

As far as he could ever remember, Trevigne’s was a high-end tradesmans inn that catered to traveling merchants from Athkatla. He had no idea that the shadows had their hands in their coffers, though at this point it shouldn’t surprise him.

[…]

Osvald follows Acey through the heavy oaken doors of Trevigne’s. It is a 3-storey great Inn, with a bustling common room filled with exotic looking patrons from around the Realms.

A dozen serving girls run about the floor, trying to take and fulfill orders for patrons in 3 different seating areas separated by hearty wooden staircases and a large lounge-floor, where several scantily-clad Calishite women dance to the sound of a multi-necked lyre played by a furry satyr minstrel.

Acey looks back at the huntsman, gulps, and then calls over to a red-headed, pear-shaped serving girl with her hands full of ales. She gives him a queer look, dumps the drinks off at a table of gnomish merchants, and walks over to you.

“What is it Acey?” she says, looking at the huntsman. She is a pretty girl, with deep blue eyes. But her face is covered in more freckles than skin.

“Come on up with us for a minute, Arielle. These men have some business to take care of. Regarding K’Tesh.”

She wipes her hands on her apron, and follows you up the grand staircase, the music trailing off behind you.

[…]

The room that the thugs have lead you into is a spacious, double-bed chamber with three windows that look directly into the cobbled side of another building next door. It’s not a room with a view.

However, the amenities are nice. A large oaken table, and a stone bathing tub located beneath one of the windows.

Arielle walks into the centre of the room, the two thugs looking at one another as you settle in.

“Well then, I’m not supposed to be in anyone’s room Acey, you know that. And who are these lot? What business have you with K’Tesh? Is he coming here?”

=================

EXP: +20 to all, and to all a good night.

See you on Sunday morning Smile
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:36 pm

[Hey guys, I messed up pretty nicely there. So I changed the post, because the woman who followed Osvald/Acey up to the room where you all are is 'Arielle' not 'Gesmelda'.

Gesmelda is the older server who looked the other way when K'Tesh poisoned the Harpers. Arielle is the young girl who K'Tesh asked to pass on a message to 'Elderro'.

Custer, I fucked up big time buddy. I copied your post before i deleted it, and then my phone died and I lost it. So, so sorry for losing your post. Take a nice +50 xp for my cockup, all of you.

Although, cuss, Im certain you can churn out another sweet post in like 8 minutes Razz

Cheers,
-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Shhhhh, take it easy. It's Kellar. I've got you upright, we're headed out, Little One and Lord Hale saved you. Trevigne’s, that's where we're going, he concluded. Easy now Adrianna, easy, Kellar said as Andrianna spewed up whatever laid in her stomach. Clearly the poison was being expelled by her body, but she was still somewhat weak.

Kellar pulled her close again, supporting most of her weight by her belt loop and her arm over his shoulder. Y'know you're actually kind of pleasant right now. You're not having a conniption fit, and you're not protesting me talking to you, he chuckled. Master Dwarf, how does Geld appear to be doing, questioned Kellar as they made their way to Trevigne’s.

Actions:
Kellar is walking Andrianna along with the group to the rear entrance of Trevigne’s.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Custer crosses the room and lower his pack as he passes the table.  He leans the pack against the far wall, under the window to the left of the stone tub.  There, he props himself in the corner, his wound hidden against the wall.  He looks out the window trying to see if he could see the alley between the two buildings.  He spots Arielle's reflection in the glass, and speaks to her, letting the dialect of his proper voice muffle against the window.  "He tell's it wrong, Arielle.  We have no business with Hun'Ett.  Our's is with Eldero."  He watches the reflection turn to face his voice.  Her red curls bouncing with the movement.  Her dark blue eyes showing a glimpse of panic at the familiar name.  Is Ádh mór a máistreás éadrócaireach (Luck is a cruel mistress)  Custer sighs before speaking to the reflection, "You're a smart girl, Arielle.  One does not do so well here looking as you do unless she is smart, no?  Powerful, rich men are cruel, especially to a delicate face like yours.  Eldero is bad for business, see?  I do not need to explain why telling us where to find Eldero is wise investment for you and your friends.  Lets be quick about this, and you can return to your gnomes.  Oh, and don't worry about K'Tesh.  He'll never know you told us. I give you my word."

[Persuasion 24]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Shorjahl stands gloomily in the corner, attempting to look as foreboding as possible.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Kellar brings Andrianna into the room and settles her down on a chair near the table. Rest right here, I'm going to bring a chamber pot for you to use. Don't think you should be spewing up on the floor, he said as he left her side.

A moment later Kellar returned with the chamber pot and rested it on the floor by her chair. If you're feeling sick again use this, he said as he pointed to the floor. If the bar maiden can bring us some water and salted pork that'll help immensely, he said.

Be sure you drink the water and suck from the salted pork, you'll want to stabilize your innards. When we'd get sick from food poisoning or worse things that's what we'd use in place of real medicine, Kellar said to Andrianna.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Andrianna lays down wretchedly, grabbing at the chamber pot and curling herself into the bedsheets.

Arielle stares at the lot of you, her face full of confusion.

She stares at Custer, and her face goes white as he mentions Elderro. The two thugs flank the doorway, as the fellowship fans out and Kilik places Geld on the bed.

"I...ah...."

[custer, persuasion results:]

Arielle looks to the two thugs, and then back to you. And she sighs.

"Elderro is a wealthy merchant. He comes in here with KTesh all the time. He's a hin up on  Bloake street. Has a home there. I denno why KTesh told me to relay 'lay low', but Elderro is a forger and I guess someone was on his tail. Do you work for the shadows? Is Ktesh in trouble?

===========

+20 to shorj Kellar and cuss
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Shorjahl nods meaningfully to the rest of the party - hoping that they understood his thought that this was the forger that the Harpers were after. He allowed Cuss to do the talking, but went to sit with Geld and Andrianna as they wrapped up the conversation - and hopefully ushered the stupid girl back out again.

[If she leaves]

The arcanist looks into the eyes of each Geld and Andrianna, even if they are too incognizant to understand him. "I'm sorry for my recklessness. I was eager to solve the issue and to protect my friend, and acted without thinking what I was getting myself into." He looks down at his lap, picking at a leather strap on his robes. "It is a bad habit of mine," he flashes a conscientious smile, then hardens again. "So, as I said, I apologize."

With that he stands and looks back to the rest of the party. "I say we act quickly - it will only be a matter of time before the Shadows know of K'Tesh's... demise. And with that, our forger and best lead will have vanished."

[If nobody objects]

The arcanist would center himself for a moment, learn all that he could of where this forger was located, and then head after him.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Custer keeps his eyes focused on Arielle's reflection in the window while he speaks to her.  "Very good, Arielle, but smart girls should know better than to ask such questions.  Describe Eldero's house to us and then take your leave."  When she describes the building in enough detail that Cuss is confident he can identify it among the others on Bloake, he dismisses her with a wave of his hand toward the door.  

Only after she is gone does Cuss turn from the window to stride over to where Shorjahl was trying to make amends with the Harpers.  When Shorjahl finishes and stands, Cuss looks over both the Harpers and says, "Meh, for what it's worth, you made excellent bait.  We are several steps closer to solving this mystery.  Mayhaps when you awake from a nap, we can settle up and head our separate ways."

Cuss cranes his neck to look up at Shorjahl.  "Your words are as true as they are wise, friend, but what are we to do with these two?"  Cuss motions to the Harpers, "We ought not leave them here, yet we must also make haste as Arielle may be sending warning to Elderro as we speak."

======

Cuss agrees with Shorjahl that they should make for Eldero immediately.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:55 pm

"Perhaps it would be best if we left someone here to guard them and ensure that they were left alone." Shorjahl raises a hooded brow to Cuss. "I wouldn't want to leave one of us though, as I think all of our presence will be necessary." The arcanist ponders as to the best decision. Are these two - who were once in league with K'tesh - trustworthy enough to guard this room? Was there some sellsword downstairs that could be persuaded? Did anyone even need to be left alone?

-------------------------

Investigation to ponder... 13

Last edited by Shorjahl on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:55 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Custer's accent thickens to his street dialect as he addresses Shorjahl, "Mayhaps ya didn't hear me, Shorjy. We ought not leave them here a'tall. We ask these boys keep a watch we be putting them in a tight spot, ya boys?" Cuss looks at Acey and Nate hoping for a nod, then back to Shorjahl. "Trevigne's be Shadow territory, not mine. We likely butt heads with em over all this, ya? I not wanting Shadow retribution burn this place down on account of it."

Cuss spins on his heels and marches the four steps that brings him directly in front of Acey. He looks up at the man, "They know K'Tesh and I had disagreements. Iffen they find em and come asking ya about it, ya tell em 'twas me. Only me, ya hear? Don't be telling 'bout none these other folk."

Cuss turns back and walks to the center of the room as he speaks, "I know yall tired, and some of ya sick, but we've a task before us that requires prompt diligence lest we inspecting dust and cobwebs in the morn." Cuss finishes crossing the room to the corner under the window, and attempts to lift his pack onto his back. He winces in pain and drops the pack on the floorboards. The clatter of tools is briefly deafening inside the room. He cradles his wound with his left hand, and in frustration, kicks hard at his pack. Tools lightly jingle as his foot sounds a dull thud on the side of the pack. Cuss yelps and hops about on one foot, holding the other with his right hand, as his lips loose a string of Halfing curses.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:02 am

Osvald nods thoughtfully, "Agreed, we should move on this Forger tonight. Andrianna and Geld will slow us down, but she seems to be coming around slowly and he's light enough to carry."

His weariness thinny masked, the ranger moves to assist Kellar with Andrianna and leave the tavern through the back way.

=====

Lets go talk to this forger.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Acey and Nate stand by the door, looking askance at one another as Arielle uncomfortably chokes up the details about Elderro’s dwelling.

“‘He’s in the tall house, center of the boulevard. I…I usually go round to the side entrance. There’s a tall fence, an’ the front door is always guarded by his house retainers. If you whisper “Aperi” into the fence gate by the rear garden, the gate’ll open an’ you can go in through the side yard unseen.”

[Custer recognizes ‘Aperi’ as ‘Gate’ in halfling]

She gulps, and turns on her heel exiting the room.

Acey and Nate look at you.

“Y’aint shadows, thas’ fer sure.” they say, turning and leaving the room.

[…]

Your heels click off the cobblestones as you walk through the streets of Esmeltaran. It is late evening, and several carriages trundle through the streets. Tonight’s drunken revellers stagger from the bars and taverns, walking past you and laughing gleefully.

Andrianna swoons on Kellar’s shoulders, while Geld is still largely unconscious in Kilik’s arms.

You round the corner onto Bloake street, where tall mature trees line the street amidst softly glowing lamp-posts lit by magical flame.

The street is quiet, and it takes you only a moment to spot Elderro’s home as described by Arielle.

It is a 3-story manse, sitting on the side of a hill surrounded by a high iron fence. Two halfling guardsmen stand abreast of the front gate, wearing tall furry hats and holding spears at attention.

The lot is separate from its neighbours by an elaborate sitting garden, where a tall stone statue of a stallion sits amidst a carefully manicured plot of exotic plants and shrubbery.

The moon lights the scene.

=================

Ok you guys are coming down Bloake street, about 100 feet away from the front guardsmen. The garden on the side of the manse, where the side gate would be, is easily accessible from a small set of stone steps on the road.

Though, sneaking into the garden is still in the guardsmen’s field of view, and especially with the seven of you, and Andrianna hobbling, I’ll require sneak checks to go about it unseen.

EXP: +20 to Shorj, Cuss and Osvald

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Shorjahl bids that his companions wait here a moment, and prepare themselves to sneak in. "I will make a small distraction with the use of some arcane energy, at which point the guards attention will be diverted. That is when we can all sneak in, hopefully unseen. I require my hands the least of the party, so I'll handle our," he nods to the Harpers, "incapacitated friends." Taking Andrianna over his shoulder, and gently leaning Geld against the corner of a shadowy building, the Arcanist moves several steps forward, casually and nonchalantly.

Once he is within sixty feet of the guards, he'll quietly call upon his arcane energies to manifest illusory sounds - that of a muffled voice speaking battle commands, then the drawing of steel. With a puff of energy, he nudges a nearby cart, trolley, or bucket so as to create movement and add additional noise.

He'll continue to do so until the guards pay heed, and look away from the garden, if not move away entirely. Once he believes it to be clear, he'll motion for his comrades to move forward in stealth, filing behind them while assisting their two wounded companions.

-----------------------------

Casting prestidigitation to confuse them suckas.
Rolling Intelligence to assist me: 18
Rolling Stealth once the coast is clear to move forward: 14

Last edited by Shorjahl on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13, 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Custer reaches behind him with both arms to cradle the loose weight of his pack so as to silence any loose tools.  When Shorjahl waves the crew forward, Cuss strides ahead covering two stones with every quick step toward the gate as quickly as his stealth would allow.  

[Rolling stealth x2 for possible advantage from Shorjahl's assist.  +7]
9 or 25 with advantage.

When he reaches the gate, Cuss twirls and rest his pack between him and the fence to the left of the gate.  He takes quick measure of his friend's progress and Shojahl's impression of his success distracting the guards.  If Shorjahl is approaching in a manner that suggest all is going according to his plan,  Custer will lower his pack and then reach for the crossbow on his right hip with his right hand.  He makes quick work of cocking the legs in position on the riser by pulling the stirrup.  He then uses his left hand to pull a bolt from his right bracer, and place it in the flight groove, ready to fire.  Cuss raises the crossbow against his chest, and holds his left arm out flat against the gate.  He whispers, "Aperi," then slowly pushes the gate ajar, aiming his crossbow at the gap as it widens a view of the manse's courtyard.  Custer will scan the courtyard, balconies, windows, doors, or patios for any sign of others whose attention he wished not to attract.

[Rolling perception +1.]

If he is confident the courtyard is clear of eyes and ears, Custer will slide his back along the gate, switching the crossbow from his right hand to his left long enough to grab and drag his pack to hold open the gate while Shorjahl struggles to get Geld and Andrianna through.  Cuss will squat behind any cover offered in the courtyard, and then inspect the grounds for any and all possible entries and exits.  He looks for an easy quiet way in the house that isn't in full view, and also takes note of any above ground escape routes that Eldero may use should he become alerted.

[Rolling investigate.]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:11 pm

#1 'D20' : 2, 18

#2 'D20' : 4

#3 'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Forgeless Kilik

"Ah, this is a fool's errand." Kilik mutters, watching as Shorjahl walks over to distract the guards.

"I'm not one for skulkin in shadows and chasin through manses. Not enough open road to hear the gods call in that three-story deathtrap."

He eyes the street, and hefts Geld upon his shoulder. He points back the direction they game, to the bottom of Bloake street.

"Give me Andrianna. I'll take the harpers an' walk 200 feet that way. We'll be on the streetcorner, out o' sight. Ye can finish with the forger an' git yourselves out in one piece."

=========

Kilik is going to take the two wounded harpers out of harms way, and keep watch on the house from a safe distance down the street.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:24 pm

[Everyone should roll advantage for Stealth because of Shorjahl's distraction]
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Kellar hands off Andrianna to Kilik. He whispers, I'll be right back Adrianna, don't fret. With that he and Orbaugh skulk behind Custer, in beyond the gate. [Stealth Roll= 16+3= 19; Success!

Kellar quietly moves after Custer past the gate, and draws a javelin and his battle axe.

Actions:

Depending on what's observed, Kellar will move silently to disable the target(s).
Kellar will defer to Custer and mimic his movement, and become Little One's large shadow.

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:15 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 5, 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 pm

As the others approach the gate in sequence, Osvald hushedly takes up the position at the rear, his shadowed eyes scanning the manse grounds as Cuss speaks the word and the gate swings open before them...

====

Rear guard position as we move to enter.

Rolling stealth with advantage, 19+5 = 24 (nice!)

Rolling perception against any threats Osvald may spot. 17+4 = 21 (nooooice!)

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 19, 2

#2 'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:16 pm

[Group stealth check: succeeded]

As Custer whispers the words, the fence begins to glow softly and opens without a noise.

Osvald takes one last look at the guardsmen, who are clearly confused at the distraction, before rounding the corner of the garden and following the fellowship into the courtyard...

[...]

You move into a darkened courtyard, where all manner of shrubbery spill over a small cobblestone path that leads to a modest side door set in the aged brick wall of the manse.

Exotic ferns with enormous flowers slumber in the night, the scent of their petals still lingering like sweet honey in your nostrils. Ahead, as Arielle related it would be, the door is slightly ajar, letting the light from beyond spill through onto the stony stoop.

[...]

Custer peers through the crack in the door, revealing a small vestibule with a simple iron chandelier that casts its glow from eight tall candles.

The carpet is ornate but not luxurious, and a massive painting adorns the eastern wall. It is a masterfully crafted piece depicting Amnian soldiers and Calishite mages clashing with one another on an open desert battlefield.

On the north wall, there is a sturdy wooden door leading elsewhere.

===================================

Ok guys, youre standing on the door stoop looking in at the vestibule. You can enter, it seems, without impediment. Though, you can also circle around the manse if you're inclined (the courtyard wraps around it, off the cobbled path).

The vestibule is about 15 feet deep and 10 feet wide, with the door on the north end and the painting on the eastern wall.

EXP: +20 to all

(Happy boxing day!)

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Custer holds up his hand and whispers for the group to stop at the door.  He lays his pack against the wall and sets his loaded hand crossbow beside it.  He pulls one of the crowbars from the pack, and slides it between the door and the wall, so that the hinges could not close all the way.  He then retrieves a small soft leather case, and unwraps it to reveal several of his more delicate tools.  From among them, he pulls a small mirror on a handle.  Cuss picks up his hand crossbow then leans against the wall of the manse and sticks the mirror through the door to get a look around the inside of the frame and the corners of the room.  He is looking for any signs of traps, runes, or individuals in the room.

[Rolling perception +1.]

Cuss waves the others over with a tilt of his head and whispers, "Fancy a look?"  He offers the mirror to anyone that wants it, or puts it away.  He kneels among the group, "Going in blind, it's difficult to make a plan, but me thinks we need at least a crude idea of our approach.  I say we try to get an eye on all the exits, anybody in the house awake or asleep, and only then do we make our move for Eldero, unless circumstances dictate otherwise, ya?"

=========

Have to double post to roll

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:19 pm

[sorry messed up earlier. double posting to roll.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:19 pm

'D20' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:53 am

Osvald nods in agreement.

"Let's have a look around back... I don't trust a house with a a locked gate and an open door. Some enchantment may guard the threshold."

=====

Osvald will agree they check another section of the house.

Rolling stealth for continued movement

7+5 =13

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:53 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Do what you need to do to get a peek. I have our backsides covered, Kellar said.

Orbaugh, lend me your vision in the darkness. Be alert for any movement.

I look! Orbaugh help! With that, Orbaugh hunches down on Kellar's shoulder and can be observed to be squinting...

Actions:
Kellar will cover the halfling and the others at the entrance to the manor.
Orbaugh will roll perception at advantage. Perception roll= 9+1= 10

Last edited by Kellar on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:00 pm

'D20' : 1, 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Peering in to the vestibule, Custer sees no signs of any guards, traps or otherwise.

Kellar follows closely behind as the fellowship moves off the cobbled path and into the rear courtyard.

The slivered moon illuminates the manicured gardens of the manse, shimmering off the beautiful plants around the base of Elderro's dwelling.

Some of them glow softly, while others quiver and twitch in slumber.

As you circle around the back of the manse, a large bubbling fountain comes into view. Statues of winged men and extra planar beings decorate the ornate piece, with painfully organized flowers crowning its surface.

Looking at the manse, you can see a vine-covered wooden lattice mounted to its wall. There is a second storey balcony at the top of it.

================

Ok guys, you're in the rear of the manse. There is an extravagent fountain that serves as the centrepiece of these gardens.

You can continue around to the other side, of course. Or go back to the side entrance. Or, if you fancy a climb up the lattice to the second floor balcony... That is available also.

Exp: Osvald, kell, cuss +20
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:31 am

[wow I actually forgot it was the weekend. My bad folks. Shorjahl you can grab the 20xp also. Cheers]
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 am

Custer leaves the crowbar in the door.  He follows Osvald, and kneels behind shrubbery when they make the rear of the building.  Custer comments on the view of the garden, "Oiy this is nice, but I bet it'd make the Arak’eun cringe.  Elderro's done well here."  Custer rubs his chin as he thinks on Elderro.  The man must have some ties to the Cartel.  

[Rolling int to recall any details on Elderro or his dealings.  Rolling twice just in case you'll let me have advantage.]

Custer turns to the others and whispers, "We should spot the side for other doors, but me thinks we should stay away from the front so as to keep out of the sight of those guards, ya?  Mayhaps then we can go back to the open door and seek some sort of formal audience.  From the looks of this manse, the fella has a lot to lose.  Might be snatching him is not the right move.  Might be he is no more involved than his sold services.  Might be he'd tell us what we need to know if only we'd ask nicely, ya?  Still, most should stay out here with an ear to it so as to make for the balcony should he not wish to be bothered by a simple conversation, no?"

[Rolling stealth for continued movement. +7]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 am

#1 'D20' : 18, 17

#2 'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Well if it's all the same to you, this is your neighborhood, you can do the talking. Orbaugh and I will keep a lookout here, Kellar whispered.

Orbaugh, please climb the ivy and rest on the rail. Keep your ears and eyes peeled for movement.

Okay! I help!

Orbaugh stealth roll=14+1= 15
Kellar stealth roll =16+3= 19
Kellar perception roll= 2; bleh.

Actions:
Kellar crouches down with a javelin in hand, peering into the darkness and listening for movement or alarms.
stealth x2, perception x1
Orbaugh perception is passive, fyi.

Last edited by Kellar on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

'D20' : 14, 16, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Orbaugh hops off of Kellar’s shoulder, scurrying along the ground and approaching the ivy.

The moonlit courtyard is quiet, the soft sound of crickets and night birds filling your ears. It is a fragrant and peaceful place.

Suddenly, Shorjahl’s ears prick up. From around the corner that you just came from, two voices are heard…

“*muffle muffle* …dunno what that commotion was in the street. Best check the grounds, no idea what odd beast might be skulking around.”

“Yeah yeah” says a second voice, the conversation becoming more audible.

“There ain’t nothin skipping past us…hey, wait a minute…”

You hear a pause, and then in an alarmed tone, the first says;

“A crowbar in the damn door? Bloody hell! Burglars! They can’t be inside, the alarm didn’ sound. C’mon let’s check the courtyard…”

Just as the plants from around the corner begin to rustle, Kellar hears a screeching in his head. His head whips jerks toward the vines, which have suddenly animated and are whipping around Orbaugh menacingly.

[Master…! Help Orbaugh!]

===============

OK guys, two voices from around the corner have noticed Custer’s crowbar in the door...

Per “Custer leaves the crowbar in the door.

They appear to be coming around the corner and will see you promptly if you don’t hide.

However, the vine that Orbaugh is climbing…

Per “Orbaugh, please climb the ivy and rest on the rail.

…has animated and is attacking the tiny creature!

The courtyard is quite wide, with many plants and trees to hide in. As well as the large, bubbling statue in the middle.

The stats for the vine are up in The Lair.

Help poor Orbaugh!

EXP: +20 to cuss and kell
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

Cuss whips his head from the voices, to Orbaugh, back to the voices, then to Kellar.  Bloody hells!  As Cuss turns to head for the corner, he says, "I'll see to the guards."  Cuss holsters his hand cross bow and lays his pack in the bushes as he turns the corner to face the guards.  He throws his hands up in the air as he stops in their view and smiles, "Well done, boys.  Ya got me.  Elderro will be pleased to know you passed the test this time."

[Rolling deception. +4]

Custer keeps his knees slightly bent, and his weight on the balls of his feet, ready to dodge any attack should the guards decide to charge him.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

[did it again.]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

'D20' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Shorjahl rights himself, standing near to his hin ally, as if to seem bemused that they were caught in the act, and to placate all along that this was part of the test. He glowers at the guards, his bracer chiming faintly, preparing to cast a spell if they do take aggressive action.

---------------------

Assisting Cuss' deception
Preparing to cast a spell
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next