Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeon Survey

5 posters

Go down

Dungeon Survey Empty Dungeon Survey

Post  Ao Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Ahoy there lads! Happy weekend to yer.

I have a little DM survey about the current dungeon-delving segment of the campaign that Id like you to answer. Please consider the following:

1. Getting the stone door open
2. Hallway of skeletons and coins
3. Wall of bones with three standing statues
4. Gibbering mouther/shadow encounter

And answer the following:

A) So far in this dungeon, I have enjoyed...
B) So far in this dungeon, I would change/improve...
C) In my dungeons, I like Combat, Traps/Tricks, NPCs, History, or Interesting Exploration the most.

Thanks!
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue1/1Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue0/0Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Survey Empty Re: Dungeon Survey

Post  Forgeless Kilik Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 am

A) I've enjoyed the feeling that we don't really know what we've gotten ourselves into. We've been fairly cautious (i.e., the skeletons with coins, not touching the gem), and there's been a nice tension throughout.
B) I would change the way NPC spell saves are handled. Basically, if I swing my hammer at something, what happens to it is resolved as part of my post (I know if I hit its AC and represent the damage done to it in The Lair). But if I cast a spell that requires the NPC to save, we don't know what happened to that enemy (or even if it's still alive) until the end of the post rotation, which makes it difficult for other players to take their turns.
C) In my dungeons I like variety, and a sense of cohesion above all else (e.g., a troll warren feels very different than a white dragon's lair or a sewer under Neverwinter, and not just because of the things you kill there)

Really enjoying it so far; thanks for all of the work you do to make it happen!
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue33/33Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue3/3Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:35 pm

a) So far in this dungeon, I have enjoyed... the feel of the party as they continue deeper into this area. It gives off a bit of claustrophobia and at least in my imagination, it's dark as hell and we're in a fight to make it through.

b) So far in this dungeon, I would change/improve... I agree with Kilik on this one, the spell saves that a NPC need to make could slow down and affect the actions of others in the group. I do believe he is right in that regard, and I'll add that it can change the direction and intentions of others in the group. Not an overly big deal since I'm not a caster, but it did determine what I would do when it was my post in the rotation.

c) In my dungeons, I like Combat, Traps/Tricks, NPCs, History, or Interesting Exploration the most. I enjoy the NPC interaction and combat, I like the aspect of exploration, but if I had to boil it down what I like the most, it would be the combat. It's interesting to see how we gel as a group and how dynamic we are in how we perform out actions to take care of the threat.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue49/49Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue6/6Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 pm

A) So far in this dungeon, I have enjoyed the detailed descriptions of the setting. It really helps me picture this spooky place.
B) So far in this dungeon, I would add a map. Just a black and white map of where we have been, with 5 foot squares and maybe a grid on rooms for stating position.
C) In my dungeons, I like a good mix of challenges. Too often dungeons are completely combat or completely traps and puzzles. I don't mind this when it fits a good story, but I personally prefer dungeons contain a mix of unforeseen challenges.

I have been having a lot of fun so far. Thank you.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue49/49Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue6/6Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 pm

A) dungeon feels old, and foreboding. Setting is good.
B) not sure if anything is 'missing', new method of handling saves makes for more streamlined combat. Map could be cool, but might prove difficult to keep current.
C) I like relentless dungeons that wear the party down. Force us to become resourceful/not rely on the same strategies for every situation.

So far it's great! Thanks Ao
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue41/41Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Dungeon Survey Left_bar_bleue4/4Dungeon Survey Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down